• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

AR spawns will be a much more enjoyable game type once the TU drops, bloomless Magnum :D

P.S: I already posted this but no one answered, maybe Frankie can shed some light on it:

Are there plans to allow us to purchase Bungie Pro render minutes via Microsoft Points in the future?

I already asked Urk about this, he replied:

Urk (November 11 said:
We'd love to offer a method to pick up more minutes via Microsoft Points. If we can make
some headway on that front, we'll clue you in when it's go time. For right now (and the
foreseeable future) Amazon Payments is the only path to purchase.

Gabotron ES said:
P.S: I already posted this but no one answered, maybe Frankie can shed some light on it:

Are there plans to allow us to purchase Bungie Pro render minutes via Microsoft Points in the future?

I already asked Urk about this, he replied:
Urk (November 11 said:
We'd love to offer a method to pick up more minutes via Microsoft Points. If we can make
some headway on that front, we'll clue you in when it's go time. For right now (and the
foreseeable future) Amazon Payments is the only path to purchase.
At this point, I'd be hoping that 343 was going to find a way to just continue the file rendering service, period. Bungie seemed to suggest that it might go away soon.

Paying for rendering is bullshit, and sorry for being rude
Youtube integration is the right path. The same console I play on can render my clips and then upload them on YT, why should I pay?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
i nerini del buio said:
Youtube integration is the right path. The same console I play on can render my clips and then upload them on YT, why should I pay?

You're paying for the upkeep of a system that was designed to implement a non-native feature.

To be fair, it was all much more impressive when they introduced the feature after Halo 3 shipped. It added a fantastic extra feature at minimal cost. With Reach, they just copied the feature over. It saved time but in this post-Halo 3 era with many rival games offering Youtube integration the feature sticks out as being behind the times.

Really hope 343 work in a Youtube or similar feature and bring this particular aspect of Halo up to date, as usually Halo is associated with cutting edge features usually ahead of industry and video rendering as it is right now isn't one of them. It's too late for Reach but Halo 4?

Even with Youtube though there is a cost involved. Someone, somewhere is footing the bill for your "free" video.

feel

edit2- confirmed FAKE, and spoilers for new 343gs dialogue for those who didn't watch the gamescom terminal video

original content of the post said:
installation04 .com

someone posted it in the other thread, someone check it out I'm on my phone all I see is Terminal dialogue

edit1- might be fake according to someone on the other thread

Dani said:
Even with Youtube though there is a cost involved. Someone, somewhere is footing the bill for your "free" video.

yep, but that's a YT's problem :p I guess they can afford the costs involved by filling my screen with ads as they have been doing up until now

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dani said:
Found another page.

http://installation04.com/UNSCPOA_C-709.html

Nothing at all to hint that this is official.

It's fake. Check out this earlier version.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Wordpress, heh!

Tha Robbertster said:
It's clearly a picture from the first level in Anniversery but wasn't this one of the pictures we saw in the scans?

Still very strange.

It's from the Anniversary concept art that was put up on Eddie's Smith's personal site before getting taken back down again. I saved local copies and both of those pictures were included.

PooBone

Sikamikanico said:
These are the games I want to buy, but whether I will remains to be seen...

Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Rage
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Batman: Arkham City
MW3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Halo CEA

I'll definitely be getting:

Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Halo CEA

But I will mostly likely break like I do every year and get them all.

Also...is anyone around for some Reach?
I saw a trailer for that Ace Combat game.... actually impressed the hell out of me. Gunning out the side of a helicopter never gets old.

I don't see why most people don't have lovefilm or something similiar

Out of all the games coming out from now on till say Bioshock infinite, i'm only buying two, BF3 and H:A

The rest are going to be lovefilmed! Save's me a bundle.

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:
Early November = me sad :(
No more Reach til November for me.

The last piece of armory equipment I want requires two more level ups, that will give me something to work for once Anniversary comes out.

No biggie. I've got other games to play before then. Will still be all over HaloGAF tho. =-)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Funny thing, the OP in the Waypoint thread is most likely the site owner, since the site is registered to a guy called Reed and the dude uses his name in his username. Dude's a crappy liar.

Shame though, there are plenty of avenues for fan-virals and fan sites out there. He should have just been upfront like the guys behind the fan-viral over at HBO.

FyreWulff

i nerini del buio said:

Then buy a capture card and render out all the videos that you want to without paying (again) ?

It's intended as a casual and easy way of rendering out clips that you want. If you want to do a lot of video in long stretches, even Bungie has said you should invest in a capture card.

There's also the fact that Sony has readily made a Youtube API available on the PS3 but Microsoft hasn't put forward that kind of effort on the 360.

You get 5 free minutes per month for your Bungie Pro and if you just want to render clips here and there it's enough.

The only time I haven't liked Bungie Pro was rendering out ODST films. I pretty much used it to render an ODST film once because you had to spend minutes to let the Hydra 'fast forward' through a film to get a clip you wanted.

Here's something no one has really talked about, halo in 3D? Would you buy it?

Me? I think out of everything, 3D has been the worst gimmick both in cinema and now games.

How about you?

I ask because GOW3 has 3D, MS might want to push 3D unto there other first party IP's.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Funny thing, the OP in the Waypoint thread is most likely the site owner, since the site is registered to a guy called Reed and the dude uses his name in his username. Dude's a crappy liar.

Shame though, there are plenty of avenues for fan-virals and fan sites out there. He should have just been upfront like the guys behind the fan-viral over at HBO.
Link to the Waypoint thread? I'm getting a 403 error trying to get to the forums from the Waypoint main page.

Risen

ElzarTheBam said:

Me? I think out of everything, 3D has been the worst gimmick both in cinema and now games.

How about you?

I ask because GOW3 has 3D, MS might want to push 3D unto there other first party IP's.

3D is just absolutely worthless for me. I'd prefer MS spend money on what kyle said earlier... 1080p at a completely stable 60fps.

PooBone said:
No more Reach til November for me.
I didn't comment on this before, so PooBone I'm not trying to single you out.

Yesterday this thread was plagued with a multitude of posts whining and jumping to conclusions.

- bs angel's post was not an official announcement of the Title Update release day.
- We've heard before that the TU would come before CEA but the exact date wasn't nailed down. I suspect bs angel's post was citing this fact and the "early November" bit was just her own speculation.
- She was responding to a post suggesting the Title Update was coming out on August 20th. It wasn't a formal interview question she was answering, it was a ridiculous theory she was squashing.
- Frank and David are both in here telling us the office has been hectic and bs angel's post could be misinformed.

HaloFest is this weekend. Can you guys not wait until we get a firm date for the TU before declaring a hiatus from Reach? Or if we don't get a date, at least wait until the last CEA panel at PAX?

[/rant]

Dani said:
Also, the Whois is great. Blink 182 fan site, hah.
It's the Halo 2 soundtrack all over again!
For the record I love Incubus. I could care less for Hoobastank and Breaking Benjamin.

GhaleonEB

Thanks. Had a weird sign in thing going on with Waypoint. Had to sign in and out of xbox.com to clear it up.

Best comment after Dani was "OP destroyed, nothing left but dust and echoes".

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
I'm hoping PAX East gets some love too. Maybe a Halo 4 beta preview or some shit.
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

Think about it 343... Pax EAST is in spring.... perfect time for some Halo 4 Beta early previewing :D

Honestly, being a gamer on the East Coast is a bit annoying considering how all the major gaming events happen on the west coast. Show some luvin to the east.

feel

ElzarTheBam said:

How about you?

3d in first person shooters is very underwhelming/worthless and I've tried more than a few of them and in multiple high end 3d sets. Makes sense for gears because you're seeing the character walk around the stage, but in a fps there's no clear point reference that showcases the depth in a satisfying way so all you get is the headache from walking/jumping around 3d scenery.

3d as a whole is a fun feature to have, but the 2d mode is always way way way better, in pretty much all kinds of content, at least IMO. Can't wait for the 4K era.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Thanks. Had a weird sign in thing going on with Waypoint. Had to sign in and out of xbox.com to clear it up.

Best comment after Dani was "OP destroyed, nothing left but dust and echoes".

:lol I'm glad someone saw that.

PooBone

Zeouterlimits said:
:p, I know, I saw the chance to troll/drop some criticism after sitting down and watching all of it after dropping it earlier due to annoyance at how it was being presented.

The Mona Lisa was my baby, cream of Evolutions... Actually, I'll pay for a re-edited version. :p
I find it hard to keep interest in the animated series on Waypoint because of how they are broken up. I've found that if I want to enjoy them I have to wait until they're done and watch them all in succession.

My personal favorite in Evolutions was Karen Traviss' Gravemind/Cortana story. Just amazing writing. Would probably be impossible to put visuals to it though.

A27 Tawpgun said:
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

Think about it 343... Pax EAST is in spring.... perfect time for some Halo 4 Beta early previewing :D

Honestly, being a gamer on the East Coast is a bit annoying considering how all the major gaming events happen on the west coast. Show some luvin to the east.

I agree, move E3 over here for one year as well, fuck staying up later than I want to just to get information that's three hours behind :p

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
It gets shadier, heh.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/23343/183982.aspx#183982

I found out that this was started by some liar trying to pass off his friend's site as a a possible viral campaign. Cheap lie to get hits.

Also, the Whois is great. Blink 182 fan site, hah.

Yea looks like you called out the piece of crap and rightfully so. I really hate people that do that shit. It never fails too. One of these days a real one is going to come along again and people are going to be like meh it's fake.

ElRenoRaven

A27_StarWolf said:
I agree, move E3 over here for one year as well, fuck staying up later than I want to just to get information that's three hours behind :p

*edit* Damn it. I hadn't double posted in awhile. I get so bad about that though. grrr

No. They should move the big events to the middle of the US here. I'm thinking Oklahoma or Texas. You wanna talk about screwed, we're the screwed ones. Every major convention is held either in California, Seattle, or over on the East Coast. Think about it. Middle of the country means everyone has to travel the same distance. It makes it fair for both east and west coasters. lol

A27 Tawpgun said:
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

What about europe?, we only get gamescom once a year =(.

PsychoRaven said:
*edit* Damn it. I hadn't double posted in awhile. I get so bad about that though. grrr

No. They should move the big events to the middle of the US here. I'm thinking Oklahoma or Texas. You wanna talk about screwed, we're the screwed ones. Every major convention is held either in California, Seattle, or over on the East Coast. Think about it. Middle of the country means everyone has to travel the same distance. It makes it fair for both east and west coasters. lol

The heat would be a major problem. It could damage technology, and A/C is expensive.

ElRenoRaven

A27_StarWolf said:
The heat would be a major problem. It could damage technology, and A/C is expensive.

Oh puhlease. It's not that bad here. Sure it's a little hot right now but it would be fine. Hell say OKC was picked. They have a nice nice big arena that we built for the Seattle.......errrr............Oklahoma Thunder. That could easily house it. Also right next door is the old arena we had which houses the Oilers minor league hockey team. Double the space.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
Not a problem for San Diego or LA events in the summer.... Heat is a non-issue.

They try and keep it to the coasts because that's where the population is most dense.

I don't mine E3 or Comic Con staying on the west coast. But we already have PAX East, and apparently it had a bigger showing than any PAX prime. Which is why I hope all the west coast game studios (AKA most of the good ones) come over to the East to promote their games. East Coast is much more heavily populated than the west.

A27_StarWolf said:
Do it during winter, when it's only in the 80's. Austin houses some good developers (Certain Affinity, Bioware), and it's the only place in Texas I'd recommend coming to.

PooBone

ElzarTheBam said:

How about you?

Do not want. Do not care.

Wu! Where is my iPhone app for hbo and the forums? I want to read the forums from my phone but as it is I really cannot. :)

Edit: i posted this here because I am on my phone and cannot easilly post there. Also because I imagine if such an app exists one or you guys would know.

PooBone

ncsuDuncan said:
I didn't comment on this before, so PooBone I'm not trying to single you out.

Yesterday this thread was plagued with a multitude of posts whining and jumping to conclusions.

- bs angel's post was not an official announcement of the Title Update release day.
- We've heard before that the TU would come before CEA but the exact date wasn't nailed down. I suspect bs angel's post was citing this fact and the "early November" bit was just her own speculation.
- She was responding to a post suggesting the Title Update was coming out on August 20th. It wasn't a formal interview question she was answering, it was a ridiculous theory she was squashing.
- Frank and David are both in here telling us the office has been hectic and bs angel's post could be misinformed.

HaloFest is this weekend. Can you guys not wait until we get a firm date for the TU before declaring a hiatus from Reach? Or if we don't get a date, at least wait until the last CEA panel at PAX?

[/rant]

It's the Halo 2 soundtrack all over again!
For the record I love Incubus. I could care less for Hoobastank and Breaking Benjamin.

I posted that while catching up on the thread, before seeing Ellis' post. I'm still probably gonna take a hiatus from Reach's MP. I'll probably run through the campaign once more as a setup to CE. Me saying I'm taking a hiatus from Reach is not bitching. It's all good, yo.

of course once the TU comes out if all the goodness is available I'm sure I'll get back in

A27_StarWolf said:
Wasn't E3 in Atlanta some time in the 90's? That is the last big thing I can think of!

Top Bottom