• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Willeth

A27 Tawpgun said:
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

Think about it 343... Pax EAST is in spring.... perfect time for some Halo 4 Beta early previewing :D

Honestly, being a gamer on the East Coast is a bit annoying considering how all the major gaming events happen on the west coast. Show some luvin to the east.
Waaahhh, I'm too far away, I can't go to an event because it could have been closer!

Just fucking prepare, make a trip out of it, and go. You're not the one who has to pay through the nose for travel, visas, and currency exchange. This is my fourth year travelling half way around the goddamn planet for this. It's worth it.

Tawpgun

Willeth said:
Waaahhh, I'm too far away, I can't go to an event because it could have been closer!

Just fucking prepare, make a trip out of it, and go. You're not the one who has to pay through the nose for travel, visas, and currency exchange. This is my fourth year travelling half way around the goddamn planet for this. It's worth it.
And if I don't have the money to blow?

Going to be going to college this year and I can't spend that much money. I'd only be able to afford tickets and car/train ride and maybe a cheap motel/hotel, but that would be pushing it. A two way plane ticket is out of the question.

The only reason I'm considering PAX East is because it proved itself to be a HUGE event with a bigger population than PAX prime, and I'll be in school in Boston, which is where PAX East is located, making it affordable for me.

So getting Halo CE to LAN on two 360's and one of the copies being digital was way harder than I anticipated. We couldn't get it to work :( So we did 2v2s instead, and played Reach with all 8 of us. It's official: I hate being that guy.

Also there was an earthquake? Didn't even feel it.

thezerofire said:
So getting Halo CE to LAN on two 360's and one of the copies being digital was way harder than I anticipated. We couldn't get it to work :( So we did 2v2s instead, and played Reach with all 8 of us. It's official: I hate being that guy.

Also there was an earthquake? Didn't even feel it.
Was one of the boxes using an Alternate MAC address? Those don't play nice when you try to LAN original Xbox games.

Kuroyume said:
You must really have a thing for standing in lines.

62691136510.jpg

Kuroyume said:
How was it playing like that? Harder than we think? Haven't played splitscreen since the '90s.
It wasn't too bad, but we were on a huge screen. It was really hard to play in general, just because I haven't played that multiplayer since before Halo 2 came out. And I sucked at it then. It's hard to tell how much damage you're doing.

Syracuse022 said:
Was one of the boxes using an Alternate MAC address? Those don't play nice when you try to LAN original Xbox games.
I think everything was on Automatic, but I don't know. The boxes recognized that there was a link, but they could never find each other's games.

Trasher

Nutter said:
Lol.. He is still better at halo compared to you :p

Besides i'm older than Ram.. (This is where I will feel old..sob)
el oh el

That old man couldn't out-DMR me if his life depended on it. His powers are weak.

And besides, I don't waste as much time as you fools on this game anymore. I wore the backpack after release. You all should be good at MLG by now, but instead you still only play Team Objective and hold the objective to boost your stats. Sad sad times.

You are lucky I won't be at Seattle to LAN against your ass, Nuts. You can't hide behind your connection there!

PooBone

If anyone could get me any swag from Halo Fest that actually says "HALO FEST" on it I'd be glad to pay to have it bought and shipped to me. Wife was in a car wreck (she's fine, car not so much) and I had kidney stone surgery which cost $1700 out of pocket... killed my Seattle trip aspirations. =-(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
PooBone said:
If anyone could get me any swag from Halo Fest that actually says "HALO FEST" on it I'd be glad to pay to have it bought and shipped to me.

Same here. Although without the terrible luck (sorry to hear about the wife and surgery!).

I'll pay for some stuff and shipping. :p

GhaleonEB

I'll see if I can snag any extra memorabilia from HaloFest/PAX, though generally stuff is in high demand there and I feel bad snagging extras of the truly valuable stuff. Understandable that you can't go and want to snag some token of the event, but imagine the people that get to actually go and miss out on the swag.

That said I'll keep my eyed peeled.

PooBone

Deadly Cyclone said:
Same here. Although without the terrible luck (sorry to hear about the wife and surgery!).

I'll pay for some stuff and shipping. :p
Thanks, Cyclone. Hopefully there will be more Halo Fests I can attend in the future.

GhaleonEB said:
I'll see if I can snag any extra memorabilia from HaloFest/PAX, though generally stuff is in high demand there and I feel bad snagging extras of the truly valuable stuff.
That's cool Ghaleon, I'm not trying to rip anyone off who is legitimately there and wants it, but some sort of Halo Fest memorabilia (t-shirt especially) would be awesome, since I really don't know if there will ever be another one.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
I'll see if I can snag any extra memorabilia from HaloFest/PAX, though generally stuff is in high demand there and I feel bad snagging extras of the truly valuable stuff. Understandable that you can't go and want to snag some token of the event, but imagine the people that get to actually go and miss out on the swag.

That said I'll keep my eyed peeled.

Much thanks. As noted let those who made the trek have dibs, but if there is any extra cool stuff I'd love to have something official because this may be the one and only Halo fest.

A poster, shirt, whatever you see that looks cool. I could PM you my cell # and you could text me if you see anything with the price and I could let you know to buy/not if you'd rather do it that way.

Aside from that, enjoy yourself! I had a blast thanks to you HaloGaf guys last year at my first ever PAX and will most likely be returning next year.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
el oh el

That old man couldn't out-DMR me if his life depended on it. His powers are weak.

And besides, I don't waste as much time as you fools on this game anymore. I wore the backpack after release. You all should be good at MLG by now, but instead you still only play Team Objective and hold the objective to boost your stats. Sad sad times.

You are lucky I won't be at Seattle to LAN against your ass, Nuts. You can't hide behind your connection there!

It's hard to out DMR a shotgun.

Tawpgun

If you could, make a list of the swag for sale there. But depending on how much there is that could prove to be a bit too much effort lol.

GhaleonEB

PooBone said:
That's cool Ghaleon, I'm not trying to rip anyone off who is legitimately there and wants it, but some sort of Halo Fest memorabilia (t-shirt especially) would be awesome, since I really don't know if there will ever be another one.
I understand. I just wanted to offer a caveat. Last year I heard some Bungie folks chastising some people for trying to grab too many extras of some things, such as the limited edition Reach posters; they didn't have enough for all the attendees. I'll definitely be on the look out for extras for GAFers, where ever reasonable.

wwm0nkey

Kuroyume said:
I want a Counter Strike beta code. I'll be nice to the person who gets me one.
I agree with this man, if anyone who doesn't care for Counter Strike would be willing to play a round of it to get me a key that would be nice :)

Gui_PT said:
Mang, I'll never get some swag. Screw Amuhrica

I approve of this comment!. Stuck in the UK with the awesomeness of halofest going on across the pond makes me angry at my parents for being british.

Tea and crumpets or some such nonsense.

Blinding

wwm0nkey said:
I agree with this man, if anyone who doesn't care for Counter Strike would be willing to play a round of it to get me a key that would be nice :)

Me too please, it would be much appreciated. :>

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
CS:GO

Put me down for the list of people who want a CS:GO beta key.
Well then its

Kuroyume
wwm0nkey
Tawpgun
Blinding
Thezerofire
-Yeti

So someone would just have to play CS:GO a few times, which is not a punishment at all XD

wwm0nkey said:
Well then its

Kuroyume
wwm0nkey
Tawpgun
Blinding
Thezerofire

So someone would just have to play CS:GO 5 times, which is not a punishment at all XD
Hey me too. Would gladly take a CS:GO beta key. :)

EDIT: And as for Halo swag, I hope some of you guys do random giveaways to give the less fortunate people an equal chance to win some swag. :p

Karl2177

Is anyone else having Reach issues right now? It's been trying to load information from the Reach server for a while now.

EDIT: it appears to be working now

dc89

wwm0nkey said:
Well then its

Kuroyume
wwm0nkey
Tawpgun
Blinding
Thezerofire
-Yeti

So someone would just have to play CS:GO a few times, which is not a punishment at all XD

put me in the list please! Would like to try it out.

wwm0nkey

Im going to be getting on Reach now, just finished my Skyline (something most of you have never had)

Also I will start up a CS:GO key begging thread in a bit.

Kuroyume

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Source? I have a CSS Beta on my steam account which ill be happy to give away, providing i still keep CS:S.

Counter Strike: GO

And sorry, didn't mean to turn the thread into another list thing. Doubt anyone's going to pay any mind to any list for a beta code request. Just putting it out there for any Halo Gaffers who could pick one up.

heckfu

Banned
At the hospital waiting on an MRI and loading GAF on my phone was more like getting teeth pulled. Anyone know of an iPhone app or working on one?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
heckfu said:
At the hospital waiting on an MRI and loading GAF on my phone was more like getting teeth pulled. Anyone know of an iPhone app or working on one?
secondapps.com/neogaf dood

heckfu said:

MRI?

Hopeeverythingworksoutbetterthanexpectedandyourokay.gif

Top Bottom