• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

TheOddOne

GhaleonEB said:
boop

boop

beep

Dipping later tonight after they've set up.

The ones on the left turned out big - think round Snickers bars. The rest are more appropriately bite size. I'll see if I can make some survive long enough to find your maw.

Now I can finally sit down and listen to the podcast. Sounds like a good one.
HGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

A thought pops into my mind frequently, How many easter egss dating back to halo 1 are unfound to this day, i remember back in halo2 some eggs where found because of clues left in the weekly updates.

343 should start something like that.

cory021

Neo Member
StalkerUKCG said:
A thought pops into my mind frequently, How many easter egss dating back to halo 1 are unfound to this day, i remember back in halo2 some eggs where found because of clues left in the weekly updates.

343 should start something like that.
Interesting. Do you have any examples?

I really hope the sniper rifle is harder to use than the Reach version in Halo 4.

I think the rockets are fine in Reach. Rockets are supposed to be that powerful. I imagine most of the complaints would be alleviated by the ability to jump higher which we'll probably get with the TU and we definitely should get with Halo 4

BigShow36

thee henery said:
I really hope the sniper rifle is harder to use than the Reach version in Halo 4.

I think the rockets are fine in Reach. Rockets are supposed to be that powerful. I imagine most of the complaints would be alleviated by the ability to jump higher which we'll probably get with the TU and we definitely should get with Halo 4

Strafing faster is an absolute must for Halo 4 (and hopefully is also part of the Reach TU). It will alleviate soooo many balance issues.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Willeth said:
Unsubscribed and resubbed to the Sparkast in iTunes and it's downloading episode 6 now. Weird.

Ha, actually I think it was a coincidence. It just updated about 20 minutes ago.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
Ha, actually I think it was a coincidence. It just updated about 20 minutes ago.

Odd cause I checked to update just a minute ago and nothing yet I did that and it shows up for me now too. Although oddly episode 5 is missing now. But either way.

Just to chip in on the whole skill weapon thing.

All weapons take skill clearly but thats kind of a blanket statement for life. With everything someone is going to be better than others.

The thing is when I think about precision weapons in Halo im more referring to the type of gameplay that they evoke. A rockets game is going to have significantly less dynamics than a BR game.

Either way Frankie scares me with his opinions. Halo 4 is either going to totally suck or be super duper amazing. I just cant tell lol.

cory021

Neo Member
BigShow36 said:
Strafing faster is an absolute must for Halo 4 (and hopefully is also part of the Reach TU). It will alleviate soooo many balance issues.
That's true. I never noticed how they changed Reach's strafing until I played a few games of Halo 3 a few months later. I started playing Reach again, I instantly noticed how it feels like your moving through pudding once you start strafing.

Honestly, decreasing bloom and improving strafe would be a great update. The two factors would balance each other out and everyone would be happy. Well, almost everyone.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
Bungie Pro EOL details announced.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=31937

tl;dr if your account expires after the EOL then it remains Bungie Pro (24 file slots) into eternity

That is sad to hear. I'm lucky though. Mine expires Sept 18th so I'm good.

This part baffles me though:

Microsoft has let us know that once that last Pro subscriptions have expired they intend to allow you to retain your 24 File Share slots.

Does this mean we'll lose those slots until the last subscription expires then get them back or just keep them when ours is up?

FyreWulff

bobs99 ... said:
I might have misunderstood but I assume the render to video feature is going to be closing down around March?

Yep. If you want to keep the DMR nameplate in Reach and 24 file share slots, your account has to expire after September 2nd.

Rendering will shut down completely on or after March 22nd.

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:
I might have misunderstood but I assume the render to video feature is going to be closing down around March?

No it says it will remain but be a a pay as you go. You'll have to buy the render minutes to keep using it. So it won't be bundled in with Bungie Pro anymore.

PsychoRaven said:
That is sad to hear. I'm lucky though. Mine expires Sept 18th so I'm good.

This part baffles me though:

Does this mean we'll lost those slots until the last subscription expires then get them back or just keep them when ours is up?

Can i grab bnet pro now and keep the slots after expiration.

FyreWulff

StalkerUKCG said:
Can i grab bnet pro now and keep the slots after expiration.

From what I can tell, if you have 24 file share slots after September 2nd, you have 24 file share slots forever (or as long as MS supports them)

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
I played some Oblivion last night, killed a unicorn. No Oblivion honor.

What you've got to do is take that horse, and return it to another game where it's still alive. That way you get the credit of killing the horse but the horse gets to keep its life.

kylej said:
What you've got to do is take that horse, and return it to another game where it's still alive. That way you get the credit of killing the horse but the horse gets to keep its life.

=o

I always forget how stupid objective spawns are till I get one that's especially stupid.

Okay. Campus has been having some trouble with the internet all day. Probably something to do with the first day of classes. It's finally started working. Hope this doesn't happen when HaloFest is going on. :lol. I didn't know what was going on in HaloGAF...it was bothering me more than it should.
GhaleonEB said:
I understand. I just wanted to offer a caveat. Last year I heard some Bungie folks chastising some people for trying to grab too many extras of some things, such as the limited edition Reach posters; they didn't have enough for all the attendees. I'll definitely be on the look out for extras for GAFers, where ever reasonable.
T-shirt size is medium...just in case. :)

And podcast is up? Sweetness.

feel

bobs99 ... said:
Either way Frankie scares me with his opinions. Halo 4 is either going to totally suck or be super duper amazing. I just cant tell lol.
Yep.

But one way or the other, at least the puddles, ponds and streams will assuredly be cool to mess around in.

blamite

Letters said:
Yep.

But one way or the other, at least the puddles, ponds and streams will assuredly be cool to mess around in.
The first thing I'm going to do in the Anniversary version of Silent Cartographer is get in the warthog and drive it as far intot he ocean as I can. Hopefully there are some neat underwater effects added out there. :D

BigShow36 said:

Absolutely agree and I think that's a major factor in the relative ease of the sniper and, to a certain extent, the DMR. I actually think Bungie basically eliminated strafing to accommodate bloom; it became less about dodging the opponents bullets than timing your shots contextually based on distance. That's a fairly radical departure.

Myyke

Neo Member
ElzarTheBam said:
That's fine, you didn't miss much, I forgot to put dmr starts on, couldn't be bothered to change it, also renamed overdoziz!

After you left I introduced some of the GAF crew to my double beatdown extravaganza - it didn't sound like it went down too well :).

MrDaravon

The number of players in SWAT right now :eek:

2in1c2.jpg

cory021

Neo Member
thee henery said:
Absolutely agree and I think that's a major factor in the relative ease of the sniper and, to a certain extent, the DMR. I actually think Bungie basically eliminated strafing to accommodate bloom; it became less about dodging the opponents bullets than timing your shots contextually based on distance. That's a fairly radical departure.
It almost seems like having reduced strafe makes a DMR contest more of 'you vs your own bloom.' The winner is who can win their own contest first. Other than Armor Abilities, grenades, or using geometry to your advantage, there really isn't much you can do to throw off an opponent's shot.

EDIT: ^^^ Ha, that is awesome!

EDIT numero 2: Is there going to be an 343 update today?

Top Bottom