• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

Homeboyd said:
When does that magazine drop?

Edit: 1st post on page 343! Wur's mi prize?!
gdfsvhsfd.jpg

nope

Sean P. said:
Is there signups for the tourneys? How does that work...
The sign up for the Slayer tournament is already open. I can't post the details unfortunately. :[ (Didn't take my laptop with me)

About the OXM magazine: I bought it today. It has really 33page full of Halo. There is even an awesome tease for a special Halo magazine that is coming on Sep 06. I don't know if I'm allowed to take a pic... But I would really appreciate if some American Gaffer could buy it and send it to me. (I would definitely pay for it) I mean the OXM Halo Special.

GhaleonEB

My body lanyard is ready.

IMG_5765-1.jpg

My plan is to pack the bag with Grunt plushies.

PAX shirts:

IMG_5766.jpg

The update was great, considering there wasn't a lot to reveal at this point. For including a pic of the Grunt plushie I'll try to make sure bsangel gets one of these.

Time to pack.

GhaleonEB said:
My body lanyard is ready.

IMG_5765-1.jpg

My plan is to pack the bag with Grunt plushies.

PAX shirts:

IMG_5766.jpg

The update was great, considering there wasn't a lot to reveal at this point. For including a pic of the Grunt plushie I'll try to make sure bsangel gets one of these.

Time to pack.
What was your hotel again?

ElRenoRaven

Well that was fun. Sad though when you ask any of the 6 playing with you if they are from Neogaf and none of them are. :(

At least the last game on Timberland was fun. I just love taking a Warthog over the hill and splattering someone on my way down. lol

Zoolader

PsychoRaven said:
Well that was fun. Sad though when you ask any of the 6 playing with you if they are from Neogaf and none of them are. :(

At least the last game on Timberland was fun. I just love taking a Warthog over the hill and splattering someone on my way down. lol
I said I was from neogaf.... you also splattered me a few times. I won the last game :D

Sai-kun

Banned
Playing against someone with the gamertag "ten big gay men". :lol I'm laughing so hard, and their spartan looks almost exactly like mine.

I need to stick him. :lol

Edit: I did it! lmao

ElRenoRaven

Zoolader said:
I said I was from neogaf.... you also splattered me a few times. I won the last game :D

Must have missed it. I don't know why the name didn't register either. Oh well. Ok 1 of you guys. lol

And yes I did. I really think I did pretty good with a controller during all the games. I might put it back up in about an hour or so here for a bit more.

I hate fighting that deadzone though. I really wish someone could patch the damn game to support setting a deadzone. The least MS could do it come up with some decent damn drivers for the 360 controller that would allow you to adjust the deadzone.

About to jump on for some Reach games. I may even do Team Slayer!!!!!! Had to finish eating some Taco Bell which may not even count as real food, but I love Pepsi and Cinnamon Twists.

EDIT: And I wanted to be able to say I posted on 343.

ElRenoRaven

Deputy Moonman said:
About to jump on for some Reach games. I may even do Team Slayer!!!!!! Had to finish eating some Taco Bell which may not even count as real food, but I love Pepsi and Cinnamon Twists.

EDIT: And I wanted to be able to say I posted on 343.

Oh I get it. The uncool kids that are using 25 posts per page must be on page 343 now. See the cool kids have theirs set to 100 posts per page.

Hope everyone enjoys going to Halofest!

PsychoRaven said:
Oh I get it. The uncool kids that are using 25 posts per page must be on page 343 now. See the cool kids have theirs set to 100 posts per page.
50 posts aka the superior browsing experience.

Zoolader

I tried using the controller and I kept getting pulled left and right randomly as if the walls were magnets. The funny thing was I felt it helped me strafing while in a shoot out, neither my enemy or I knew where I was going. I've never had a problem using my 360 controller before so I'm not sure why that was happening. After one game I had enough of that craziness and went to kb/m, which I suck at.

ElRenoRaven

Zoolader said:
I tried using the controller and I kept getting pulled left and right randomly as if the walls were magnets. The funny thing was I felt it helped me strafing while in a shoot out, neither my enemy or I knew where I was going. I've never had a problem using my 360 controller before so I'm not sure why that was happening. After one game I had enough of that craziness and went to kb/m, which I suck at.

It's not the controller. It's the game. See the way Halo works you barely push the stick and it's all or nothing speed wise unlike the console version. Also it has no deadzone at all. There for if your stick even moves a direction a sliver it goes that way. Hence why you'll find it always wanting to go at least one direction due to lose sticks.

Mine for example loves to go down and left hence I tend to go left and back a lot. It gets annoying cause you have to fight the controller. I just prefer a controller though so even with that it's better for me.

The easy way to fix it would be for them to get someone who knows how to patch the game to allow you to set a deadzone or to actually get MS to make good drivers which allow that. Sadly neither thing is going to happen. I've heard thugh that there are some 3rd party software tools you can use to emulate keyboard controls on a controller and set actual deadzones on them. Sadly I can't figure out how to set them up or use them worth a damn.

feel

Yay for page 343!!

Chief on that cover looks.. strange? Helmet seems too thin. Maybe it's just the angle.

And I thought more than 3 panels would be streamed live. Not too interested in watching the Community panel live tbh, though not sure what it'll be about, but gives me the impression that nothing new will be revealed there so reading a summary will probably suffice.

edit- it was Halo universe, don't know why I was thinking it said Community

Would still much rather watch the TU one live, and the Universe one later on youtube

Can I send a picture to someone that advertises the Halo edition of OXM to see if its fair game to post? I just need advice, or opinion on if its allowed or not. Its not the cover, but its just an ad that says "on sale september 6". None the less, I think people would appreciate the picture.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Letters said:
And I thought more than 3 panels would be streamed live. Not too interested in watching the Community panel live tbh, though not sure what it'll be about, but gives me the impression that nothing new will be revealed there so reading a summary will probably suffice.

You thought correctly. As far as I'm aware IGN will be live streaming every single panel.

I think the point we were trying to make in that bit from the Bulletin was that you won't have to choose between seeing the off site panels and being at the Halo Fest space as we'll be simulcasting those panels at the stage area within Halo Fest as well.

feel

lybertyboy said:
You thought correctly. As far as I'm aware IGN will be live streaming every single panel.

I think the point we were trying to make in that bit from the Bulletin was that you won't have to choose between seeing the off site panels and being at the Halo Fest space as we'll be simulcasting those panels at the stage area within Halo Fest as well.
2lmt8cm.jpg

Awesome!

Letters said:
Yay for page 343!!

Chief on that cover looks.. strange? Helmet seems too thin. Maybe it's just the angle.
The Chief is an artwork on the cover. Or it looks like it for me. How should I survive tomorrow? HaloFest is so near.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
cory021 said:
So just to clarify, if we miss a live streaming of a panel, will we be able to watch it on Waypoint?

Yes, as well as IGN. We're not quite sure what the lag will be between the live stream and posting it on Waypoint. There are a ton of outside factors that will affect the lag time. Probably not same day, but we'll get them up as quick as possible.

And all free of charge of course.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Yes, as well as IGN. We're not quite sure what the lag will be between the live stream and posting it on Waypoint. There are a ton of outside factors that will affect the lag time. Probably not same day, but we'll get them up as quick as possible.

And all free of charge of course.

Will we be getting official summaries of the panels not live-streamed?

Trasher

Nutter said:
LOL

Yes trash, we understand you need to play other shitty games too and I don't need a connection advantage to be better than you :p

**Remember the Bungie trip back in 08? ... Yeah.
I don't play other shitty games. I play good games. Games that are actually satisfying. You wouldn't know anything about that though. :p

And yes, you do need a connection advantage to be better than me! That's why you were so scurred and didn't do that tournament with us. Tsk tsk, NutterB.

The only thing I remember from 08 is you never challenged the dominating team known as Captain Blood and Trasher who mopped the floor with Ramirez and EazyB. Awwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhh

Top Bottom