• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Plywood said:
They do have a Metroid Prime person as part of the staff IIRC.

All in all, my body is ready.

Yeah I remembered when I post that lol. Great game.

Totally OT, but the Chili Peppers new album is slaying my earballs right now. Fantastic

wwm0nkey said:
I thought it only effected precision weapons?

That's what I've seen so far, which I think is a good thing, hopefully we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah I remembered when I post that lol. Great game.

Totally OT, but the Chili Peppers new album is slaying my earballs right now. Fantastic

That's what I've seen so far, which I think is a good thing, hopefully we'll find out for sure soon enough.

They have the ability to scale the bloom for all the weapons, and to do it incrementally like a slider.

So if the plasma repeater isn't getting used and it's role in the sandbox is becoming overlooked or irrelevant, it would be within their power to decrease the bloom, make it more accurate (and by extension, powerful) to make it relevant again.

*swoon*

ElRenoRaven

Booshka said:
Real funny to joke that Halo MP can do Xbox Live, when Halo CE MP can't do Xbox Live.

True but CE can be played online easily. Granted you need a PC. lol

The PC version I really think gets a bad rap. Sure you it's not perfect but damn is it fun as hell when playing online. lol

Sean P.

PsychoRaven said:

The PC version I really think gets a bad rap. Sure you it's not perfect but damn is it fun as hell when playing online. lol

I just played online last night and other than the impossible sniping, it works fairly well

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
Devolution said:
Halo 4 soundtrack on the concept art, figured out what it reminded me of, BLADE RUNNER.

It definitely has some Vangelis vibes to it, which is a good thing imo.

I really hope 343 isn't afraid to take the idea of what a Halo campaign is and turn it on its head and go in some cool directions with it. Provided they keep the classic gameplay Halo's known for.

Oh and Far Cry 2-style map editor for Halo 4. No more of this Forge stuff. It was a neat idea to pitch it as both a "map editor-lite" and littlebigplanet mode to dick around with with friends, but I think its time for a better map-making tool.

Retro

Let my live subscription run out right about the time the ForgeGAF thread died out. Got a nice big HDTV now and kind of miss playing Halo MP with the GAFers, so I was thinking I might renew my sub.

So, do people still regularly play? I don't think I can deal with shit like getting grouped with 3 guests anymore, would love to have a nice big list of GAF regulars to jump into matchmaking with. I was never great but I wouldn't go so far as to say I sucked...

How about ForgeGAF, did it just kind of merge into this thread or do people just not really care anymore? I know everyone was just sort of ho-hum on testing everyone's maps but insisted everyone should be testing theirs, and things just sort of dissolved.

Retro said:
Let my live subscription run out right about the time the ForgeGAF thread died out. Got a nice big HDTV now and kind of miss playing Halo MP with the GAFers, so I was thinking I might renew my sub.

So, do people still regularly play? I don't think I can deal with shit like getting grouped with 3 guests anymore, would love to have a nice big list of GAF regulars to jump into matchmaking with. I was never great but I wouldn't go so far as to say I sucked...

How about ForgeGAF, did it just kind of merge into this thread or do people just not really care anymore? I know everyone was just sort of ho-hum on testing everyone's maps but insisted everyone should be testing theirs, and things just sort of dissolved.

Gamertag List

Can't promise everyone will accept or even want your F/Rs but there you go. Also if anyone wants on or off that list please tell me =).

wwm0nkey

Retro said:

Yes

Ken

Devolution said:
Gamertag List

Can't promise everyone will accept or even want your F/Rs but there you go. Also if anyone wants on or off that list please tell me =).

Should probably add your GAF username or a little message that you're from GAF in friend requests to avoid any confusion when adding people.

Devolution said:
Gamertag List

I actually put everyone who sends me a friend request on a shitlist for later douchebaggery. You've been warned.

Retro

Devolution said:
Gamertag List

Actually, I think quite a few of those already are on my list from our ForgeGAF weekend testing, unless people unfriended me... /sadface.

How many map packs have I missed, by the way? Interest was declining right when the Tempest map came out.

Nutter

Oh and since I saw NO one using/talking about jetpacks...

The Jetpack AA, (do not know if its a TU thing or not) in the anniversary playlists was gimped aka Fixed. No more flying to the highest possible altidude, using it on Battle Canyon I was able to use it to just jump up to the bases and that is it.

Which was an awesomely welcome change.

Unfortunately I did not use Evade to see if it had been modified.

Havok

Nutter said:

The Jetpack AA, (do not know if its a TU thing or not) in the anniversary playlists was gimped aka Fixed. No more flying to the highest possible altidude, using it on Battle Canyon I was able to use it to just jump up to the bases and that is it.

Whoa. This is tied for best news of Halofest. I'm glad it's not just Armor Lock being adjusted.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Blood said:
lol I just sat here and watched Blood tell Ram, "You'll need to log out of my name," and then two minutes later, Ram said, "Well, I just posted under your name." Hahah

blamite

Nutter said:

Woah, interesting. I figured 343 wasn't telling us everything that would be in the TU when BS Angel didn't mention anything about fall damage, which was mentioned in a bulletin a while back. I wonder what else is being changed, and why 343 hasn't talked about all of it?
The Real Napsta said:
They might have just turned gravity up.
Well, I guess it could be this too. But that's no fun. :p

Hey You

Retro said:
Actually, I think quite a few of those already are on my list from our ForgeGAF weekend testing, unless people unfriended me... /sadface.

How many map packs have I missed, by the way? Interest was declining right when the Tempest map came out.
There is one more after that DLC called the Defiant Map Pack. 2 new Multiplayer maps and 1 FF mission. The 7 maps coming with anniversary will be available to download as DLC within the first few months after CEA's release (if you don't purchase Halo CEA).

Retro

Hey You said:
There is one more after that DLC called the Defiant Map Pack. 2 new Multiplayer maps and 1 FF mission. The 7 maps coming with anniversary will be available to download as DLC within the first few months after CEA's release (if you don't purchase Halo CEA).

Yeah, I felt like a lazy shit and looked it up myself. Guess I'd have to pick those up to get the full benefit of match making. Oh well, it's Halo, so that usually makes it worth it.

Edit: Looking at videos of the new maps, what's the general consensus on GAF? I wasn't overly impressed, but I know with Halo 2 a lot of the matchmaking wasn't available if you didn't pony up. Just wondering if people actually like the new maps or not.

Hmmm... maybe I should just wait for Halo 4 to reset everything. They might actually improve Forge a bit more, which is where I spent 80% of my time in Reach anyways. Lots of shit coming out this fall anyways, so... yeah.

But to the last point, who in the hell wouldn't be picking up CE:A? My best Halo memories are Legendary co-op with my brother, seems like we'd pick it up every year around Christmas. Looking forward to playing through it with him online.

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:
Did we meet? Sorry I met too many person this weekend. And I haven't hung out with the TJ clan.

Yea, not sure if we talked, but we were near each other a couple times. I felt so crappy that I didn't bother trying to get my two cents in when we were in big groups, lol. I was the guy with the backwards hat setting next to blood all the time.

Just wanted to thank everyone for constantly asking me how I felt. <3

Letters, Tim Didabo(?) came up behind me and tapped my "beli343" and said "now that's a bada** shirt." :)

senador said:
Holy shit Nutter that is awesome!

If they gimped each AA just a bit, default Reach could be...fun.

Balance is always fun. There's nothing inherently wrong about armor abilities or bloom in principle. They just need some tweaking.

Sean P.

Videos uploading now, actually much better quality than I expected. Recorded on an iPhone 4 and very little gets washed out due to lighting.

She ended up recording one video on every map which is pretty cool haha, as well as outtakes of the IGN chick trying to say two lines with us over and over and over and over and over and over again

feel

Jetpack nerf... well, this is getting interesting, if they end up nerfing sprint too (being shot stops sprint, and delay from sprint to melee weapon) Armor Ability Reach might have a change of being decent if they make the default movement slightly more agile. But don't get any funny ideas 343i, nuke loadouts from the next Halo even if Reach ends up being passable.

Ramirez said:
Letters, Tim Didabo(?) came up behind me and tapped my "beli343" and said "now that's a bada** shirt." :)
^_^

DUDE!!!!!

AAAARGGHGHYUTFEGAULFTUFSWJLGEYDYDS

Ken

Sean P. said:
Not sure if you guys can see this yet, but worth a try.
This was our final game in the 4v4 tourney, best of three was tied 1-1

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Prisoner Remake (Solitary):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9pX2sfdJ0

As well as being one of the funniest things recorded from PAX haha

The bloom on that DMR is too much.

fed353c0.png

For people with movement speed concerns, at the start of this video that's been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09_4lma8tA

You can see a clip early on with "Anniversary CTF", with the player having no AA and moving faster than default Reach speeds.

PsychoRaven said:

I played the PC version for a long time, but man, I am totally done with the physics warping and gigantic leading required. You practically have to mail every bullet to the enemy. Though along with Timberland, it had some great new maps. Danger Canyon, Ice Fields, Death Island, Infinity.

Anyhoo, not too much longer now until that TU hits.

I wouldn't mind jetpacks as much if I didn't feel like I was being punished to be unable to use them because I prefer bumper jumper. :( Wonder if they fixed that in the TU. Tapping jump while airborne activates jetpack? Eh? Eh?

Sure I could switch to default for those moments but it's a clumsy solution and the change in the use button placement mindfucks me.

I actually liked Solitary a lot more than I was expecing, although being high on zero bloom DMR could have had something to do with it. That map would be a mess with jetpacks though.

Top Bottom