• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ElRenoRaven

Rickenslacker said:
For people with movement speed concerns, at the start of this video that's been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09_4lma8tA

You can see a clip early on with "Anniversary CTF", with the player having no AA and moving faster than default Reach speeds.

I played the PC version for a long time, but man, I am totally done with the physics warping and gigantic leading required. You practically have to mail every bullet to the enemy. Though along with Timberland, it had some great new maps. Danger Canyon, Ice Fields, Death Island, Infinity.

Anyhoo, not too much longer now until that TU hits.

You know I never really experienced a lot of warping and the leading was never that bad for me. Occasionally on a a server that was packed with more people then it should have been hosting it could get bad but that was mainly due to said server being set to 16 players when it probably should have been set for less. That was also not that often due to the fact I tended to stick to certain servers I knew had damn good connections.

Also yea Gearbox made some great maps that just fit perfectly in with the other maps. Ice Fields was a very very nice change of pace and scenery from the other maps too I felt.

feel

he walks past a DMR :-(

wait he goes back for it :-O

nope :-(

maybe he just missed the button press, he's swinging back for it :-D

nope! :-(

Still, video managed to increase hype for the TU.

Captain Blood said:
I actually liked Solitary a lot more than I was expecing, although being high on zero bloom DMR could have had something to do with it. That map would be a mess with jetpacks though.

Really? Looked fine in the fly-through. Or are you just talking in terms of playing EXACTLY like the original did?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
maybe its because I dont play a lot of objective in Reach but I've never seen them slide that far.

Its probably just because I dont play a lot of objective on Reach.
I haven't watched the video. I'm just commenting on your statement.

On my phone right now, 24 hrs of no power so far. Hoping I wake up with power later. :/

feel

The Antitype said:
Really? Looked fine in the fly-through. Or are you just talking in terms of playing EXACTLY like the original did?
mki0s4.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh, just made it back to Saint Paul.

Impressions n stuff tomorrow, for now, time to pass out.

Good times all around tho.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
I haven't watched the video. I'm just commenting on your statement.

On my phone right now, 24 hrs of no power so far. Hoping I wake up with power later. :/
idk

anyone here play a lot of objective and can comment?

Letters said:

Meh. What can I say. I don't mind people breaking traditional map flow and forcing opponents to adapt their strategies on the fly to deal with it. God forbid a match on a map not play out the exact same way every time.

My only issue with jetpacks have been their ability to get to places nobody else can and rain death down from above. Fix that, I'm fine.

Letters said:
he walks past a DMR :-(

wait he goes back for it :-O

nope :-(

maybe he just missed the button press, he's swinging back for it :-D

nope! :-(

Still, video managed to increase hype for the TU.

Lol it was Anniversary, all he had to do was press Y for the win gun.

The Antitype said:
To be fair I only played it without jetpacks so I should probably reserve judgement until I actually experience it. I just feel like a lot of the shootout encounters between the opposing teams on different levels would be lost if a team of boba fetts could just jetpack to the upper levels whenever they wanted.

Captain Blood said:
To be fair I only played it without jetpacks so I should probably reserve judgement until I actually experience it. I just feel like a lot of the shootout encounters between the opposing teams on different levels would be lost if a team of boba fetts could just jetpack to the upper levels whenever they wanted.

Lovin' this term.

Captain Blood said:

Maybe. I more envision them bouncing from level to level, since that top atrium is relatively tiny, and pretty easy to flush people out of with nades and some coordination. Plus weapon spawns around the map could force teams to spread out and move throughout.

We shall see.

And I'll be honest, I'm a pretty good Halo player (like 1.5 K/D at last check), but definitely not god-tier, so the people I match up with usually wouldn't have the patience to camp out at the top atrium, while the team beneath them stayed in the covered areas in some boring-ass stale-mate.

At higher level play, when people get really serious about winning, that shit seems to happen more. I rarely see it - the people I match up with tend to be a good mix of those who want to win, but still actually want to see some action and have fun doing it. Which I like, cause that's what I play for too.

Sean P.

Heres all the videos I have :p

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Battle/Beaver Creek Remake (Battle Canyon):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtasjD0zeVc

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Timberland Remake (Ridgeline):
http://youtu.be/SmRWiDkwYDI

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Prisoner Remake (Solitary)
http://youtu.be/pZ9pX2sfdJ0

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Damnation Remake (Penace)
http://youtu.be/YhzJEQyrboQ

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - IGN Takes
http://youtu.be/6ERncmKbef4

Enjoy! And yes, our clan is Fire Sunshine. Long story.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I actually put everyone who sends me a friend request on a shitlist for later douchebaggery. You've been warned.
Oh snap. I'll remove that request I sent a while back. Also, I wish people would just decline an invite instead of leaving it sitting there forever as if the people who play every day haven't actually noticed the FR. I'm cool with things one way or the other. I understand that people have friends they normally play with and it's not a big deal.
OuterWorldVoice said:
Waypoint will be able to list out some fairly plain and detailed information now that the Halo Fest shenanigans are over. I know you guys are impatient for facts, but honestly a conference was never going to be the best place to reveal dry, long, tedious information. That's a document, not a panel. Besides, this way we were able to reveal the shock news that Halo MP will support Xbox Live.
I think the whole event was everything I had hoped it would be. Before PAX, all we could do is speculate on what changes would be made, and to what level of changes were possible. We've basically been shown proof that a lot of the things we wanted fixed can be fixed. Now we can try out these hoppers and give feedback for you guys for the purpose of finalizing the TU changes. I'm happy.
The Antitype said:
And I'll be honest, I'm a pretty good Halo player (like 1.5 K/D at last check), but definitely not god-tier
My experiences with stats basically boils down to whether or not a person plays with a full group of friends on a regular basis, and whether or not people are willing to abuse the power weapons and camp. For me, I play solo 99.99% of the time and my stats are completely skewed. Half of my games are with quitters. The other half are with randoms that don't always play very well. K/D ratios in Reach don't really mean much to me anymore.

I'd really like some new stats to be introduced to the game such as how many times a player has quit out of games. I'd like for it to show up in individual game stats as well. I want it to show the exact time a player quit out of the game and their stats before they quit. If a player quits on a regular basis, I think there should be some kind of icon/emblem next to their name with a percentage of quit games vs. played games, before each game starts for everyone to see and ridicule.

Deputy Moonman said:
My experiences with stats basically boils down to whether or not a person plays with a full group of friends on a regular basis, and whether or not people are willing to abuse the power weapons and camp. For me, I play solo 99.99% of the time and my stats are completely skewed. Half of my games are with quitters. The other half are with randoms that don't always play very well. K/D ratios in Reach don't really mean much to me anymore.

I'd really like some new stats to be introduced to the game such as how many times a player has quit out of games. I'd like for it to show up in individual game stats as well. I want it to show the exact time a player quit out of the game and their stats before they quit. If a player quits on a regular basis, I think there should be some kind of icon/emblem next to their name with a percentage of quit games vs. played games, before each game starts for everyone to see and ridicule.

Fair enough.

I was just bringing it up to say I'm not amazing at the game, but I know what I'm doing and understand the nuances of the combat systems in play.

But yeah, I'd love to see more detailed stats all around, especially since I'm a huge fan of objective modes and really, K/D means jack-all in that regard.

J10

Banned
Nutter said:
Oh and since I saw NO one using/talking about jetpacks...

The Jetpack AA, (do not know if its a TU thing or not) in the anniversary playlists was gimped aka Fixed. No more flying to the highest possible altidude, using it on Battle Canyon I was able to use it to just jump up to the bases and that is it.

Which was an awesomely welcome change.

Unfortunately I did not use Evade to see if it had been modified.

Are you kidding me? Nerfing Armor Lock wasn't enough? Jetpacks too? They are ruining this game for me.

Sigh. OK, I'm over it.

J10 said:
Are you kidding me? Nerfing Armor Lock wasn't enough? Jetpacks too? They are ruining this game for me.

Sigh. OK, I'm over it.
Then you can play the non-TU intended playlists/gametypes. You get the game you want, and so do those who think differently.

Sean P. said:
Congrats on the win!
And good shirt choice :p

The Antitype said:
Fair enough.

I was just bringing it up to say I'm not amazing at the game, but I know what I'm doing and understand the nuances of the combat systems in play.

But yeah, I'd love to see more detailed stats all around, especially since I'm a huge fan of objective modes and really, K/D means jack-all in that regard.
Yeah, I'm not sure where I was going with the stats thing. I think I was using your post as an excuse to rant over my own frustrations from playing alone all the time. I agree with what you said and the above.

Woorloog

Banned
Nutter said:
Oh and since I saw NO one using/talking about jetpacks...

The Jetpack AA, (do not know if its a TU thing or not) in the anniversary playlists was gimped aka Fixed. No more flying to the highest possible altidude, using it on Battle Canyon I was able to use it to just jump up to the bases and that is it.

Which was an awesomely welcome change.

Unfortunately I did not use Evade to see if it had been modified.
OK, so Jetpack is height capped. But is it faster now? Because it's always been slow, if it's height capped (btw, are you sure it simply wasn't 150% gravity? That lowers how high jetpack can go), i wonder is there any reason to use at all anymore. I could just sprint and jump on some rocks or go around the building and use mancannon.
I'd like the jet pack to work as jump pack, fast to go up but not high, slow recharge.

Oh and what about sprint, was it modified? Because with bleed through, sprint+2x melee will be ridiculous. IMO we shouldn't be able to melee/shoot from sprint, only after it's properly ended.

Ken

wwm0nkey said:
Full Anniversary CTF match

I am pretty sure at 1:08 that flag slides pretty far.

Around 2:09 the guy falls from third floor, hits 2F bridge along the way, and takes no damage. No fall damage in Anniversary playlists or was hitting the bridge responsible for 0 fall damage. Also, looks like the fall stun has been toned down a bit?

Woorloog

Banned
MrBig said:
3-hit melee :)
Oh right, i forgot that one... solves some issues with sprint...
Still, sprinting plus fast shield recharge allows too easy escapes ><
Won't be a problem in classic lists of course.

MrBig

Ken said:
Around 2:09 the guy falls from third floor, hits 2F bridge along the way, and takes no damage. No fall damage in Anniversary playlists or was hitting the bridge responsible for 0 fall damage. Also, looks like the fall stun has been toned down a bit?
They talked about no fall damage way back when the TU was announced.

lazybones18 said:
Holy shit at reward this week's weekly!

Co-op Dash

Clear any Campaign mission on Heroic, in co-op, in 9 minutes or less.

For 30343cR!

The fuck?!

Now that's a credit payout I'll do this tonigh on nightfall or something but right now, Deus Ex is demanding to be played.

Striker

wwm0nkey said:
Full Anniversary CTF match

I am pretty sure at 1:08 that flag slides pretty far.
Terrible person playing aside, looks good. Assuming 343 is adjusting Elites to Spartans in Anniversary maps? They can alter their loadouts for evade/sprint, for instance, but retain the AR/Magnum start.

Hopefully there is a CTF/Assault playlist up for the new maps once they hit. If it's all slayer I'm gonna be zZzzZzzzzZz.

Desmond

slighty on topic, but i'm gonna get the Defiant maps and am wondering what point denominations you can buy on the marketplace? also my CC won't be put on gold auto renewal or anything right?

lazybones18 said:
Holy shit at reward this week's weekly!

Co-op Dash

Clear any Campaign mission on Heroic, in co-op, in 9 minutes or less.

For 30343cR!
How can you do that?

Awesome challenge, anyway.
Sean P. said:
Heres all the videos I have :p

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Battle/Beaver Creek Remake (Battle Canyon):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtasjD0zeVc

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Timberland Remake (Ridgeline):
http://youtu.be/SmRWiDkwYDI

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Prisoner Remake (Solitary)
http://youtu.be/pZ9pX2sfdJ0

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - Damnation Remake (Penace)
http://youtu.be/YhzJEQyrboQ

Halofest 4v4 Halo CEA Final - IGN Takes
http://youtu.be/6ERncmKbef4

Thanks for the videos.

Woorloog said:
OK, so Jetpack is height capped. But is it faster now? Because it's always been slow, if it's height capped (btw, are you sure it simply wasn't 150% gravity? That lowers how high jetpack can go), i wonder is there any reason to use at all anymore. I could just sprint and jump on some rocks or go around the building and use mancannon.
I'd like the jet pack to work as jump pack, fast to go up but not high, slow recharge.

Oh and what about sprint, was it modified? Because with bleed through, sprint+2x melee will be ridiculous. IMO we shouldn't be able to melee/shoot from sprint, only after it's properly ended.
This.

Ace 8095

Can someone link me to information on the title update? I haven't been following Reach for a while but from what I gather it seems 343 is attempting bring back the glory of Halo.

Top Bottom