• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hydranockz said:
Oh I know! School was kicking your ass or something? :p

@Tashi: Great stream. Hearing your monologue is way more entertaining than your scrub-like playstyle :D

It's just not fun to pick a game back up in god knows how long only to play super serious people.

Devolution said:
It's just not fun to pick a game back up in god knows how long only to play super serious people.
Would it have been any different if it was AFKers, Armour Lock heroes, jetpackin' jerks or any scrub?

At least tell me you're playing with juices or someone.

Hydranockz said:
Would it have been any different if it was AFKers, Armour Lock heroes, jetpackin' jerks or any scrub?

At least tell me you're playing with juices or someone.

Yeah but the other guys were in private chat on flag pro =S.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I guess I could get off MW3 for a bit. Feel so slighted not getting the maps early.

Probably aren't that many BKs in the Anniversary playlists yet. No need for cleansing.

stephen08

Just had a weird glitch happen with the sniper rifle/pistol in a game of Anniversary Slayer on Reflection. Hired says the clips not rendering though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hydranockz said:
Oh I know! School was kicking your ass or something? :p

@Tashi: Great stream. Hearing your monologue is way more entertaining than your scrub-like playstyle :D
Thanks, I think :p

Stream will be up tonight if some customs arise.

Actually, I've been meaning to ask this for ages but Zalin, Xand ad I have been voice banned for what feels like months. Every few matches someone unmutes us and says how weird it is that we were already muted. We don't play MLG and it doesn't seem to have gone away at all... Halp?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You know what's making the wait easier?

Luring a mob of bandits into fighting giants with a mammoth then getting drunk with a hobo. <3 Skyrim.

asskiss19.jpg

Ken

Ramirez said:
Wait, don't you need the code to play the maps? Why would someone give that away?

I think the game comes with a code to download the maps from XBL.

Hypertrooper gave away his early map code because his brother was getting a second copy of the game and wouldn't need the code, I think.

Havok

Slightly Live said:
You know what's making the wait easier?

Luring a mob of bandits into fighting giants with a mammoth then getting drunk with a hobo. <3 Skyrim.
To be fair, that makes a lot of things easier.

feel

Ramirez said:
Wait, don't you need the code to play the maps? Why would someone give that away?
the maps are on the CEA disc anyways, the code is to use the maps with the Reach disc

Someone give me an early code!! My copy is so far away!! I'll give mine back to you when I get it!!

Retro

Ramirez said:

Some people have been asking for codes now, promising to trade their code when they get a copy of the game. HaloGAF Trust, yo.

Others are just planning to play the levels straight from the CEA disc rather than installing them and using the Reach disc, from what I understand.

Ken

Letters said:
the maps are on the CEA disc anyways, the code is to use the maps with the Reach disc

So the code is something like an online pass thing then? To play the maps with Anniversary in the console you need to activate the map code?

Ken said:
So the code is something like an online pass thing then? To play the maps with Anniversary in the console you need to activate the map code?
You essetially get 2 copies of the maps from what I gather.

One is in the CEA disc and allows players to play on the 7 maps.

The other is a download code that comes in CEA's box and lets the user download the maps to be played using the Reach disc.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Ramirez

Ken said:

I guess if you don't want to install CEA, then you can use the code to just d/l the maps and then use the Reach disc and have access to all maps.

I'm d/l them atm, is anyone playing?

feel

Ken said:
No, the maps are on the CEA disc and you don't need to do/redeem/activate anything else if you play them from that.

The code is for Halo Reach DLC of the same map pack, so you can play them using the Reach disc too.

Ken

Letters said:
No, the maps are on the CEA disc and you don't need to do anything else.

The code is for Halo Reach DLC of the same map pack, so you can play them using the Reach disc too.

So basically you have two sets of the new map pack with one new copy of Anniversary?

Hydranockz said:
As my post says above, yes :p

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Tashi

Ramirez said:
I guess if you don't want to install CEA, then you can use the code to just d/l the maps and then use the Reach disc and have access to all maps.

I'm d/l them atm, is anyone playing?
I can get on in about 10 if you wanna run on some new maps. Tell nutter to get on too

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I can get on in about 10 if you wanna run on some new maps. Tell nutter to get on too

I wish the playlists were up. :( I have no way of contacting Nuts. =\

My question is, if CEA is installed to your hard drive, can Reach not run them that way?

Tashi

Ramirez said:
I wish the playlists were up. :( I have no way of contacting Nuts. =\
Yea I know. I imagine it would be tough to find match though. We did have some good customs going on earlier. Most of the people in there were from the UK so the connection was a little janky.

What about therms and omlet, you guys have the new maps? Trash? Ill bet theyre playing Skyrim or some shit

Tunavi

Banned
Ramirez said:
My question is, if CEA is installed to your hard drive, can Reach not run them that way?
It cannot, you will need the download code to play them through Reach. I'm assuming this is so people don't pass around their copy to everyone they know. It was really cool of 343 to give us an extra code though.

Tunavi said:
It cannot, you will need the download code to play them through Reach. I'm assuming this is so people don't pass around their copy to everyone they know. It was really cool of 343 to give us an extra code though.

If reach is installed can CE:A run the maps?. What about DLC maps for reach does CE:A detect them?

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:
wtf you talking about. CEA in my veins, now.

What does it mean? :-O

I have an IV of it thanks to Tashi's stream. That's giving me my fill. I'm living vicariously through people that can actually play the game worth a shit.

Retro

More Bad Ideas™

The topic came up in the chat of Tashii's stream of how AAs might be incorporated into Halo 4 (assuming they make it and I'm not necessarily saying they should), and since sitting around waiting for Tuesday kinda sucks...

Incorporate Armor Abilities as Weapon Abilities; tie them to specific weapons that are complimentary (and anti-abuse) in function. This prevents crap like Snipers / Camo becoming too overpowered, simply by virtue of the Camo Ability not being on the Sniper Rifle.

Examples;
Silenced SMG:
Weapon Ability: Active Camouflage
2x scope, with single-shot fire mode when zoomed, full auto when not. Severe kickback causes the weapon to ride up in either mode. Can no longer be dual-wielded due to the addition of Sangheili cloaking technology increasing the overall weight. Unlike the crude prototype developed on Reach, this cloaking tech causes less interference in motion trackers; rather than multiple false signatures, it simply causes enemy trackers to glow red when a nearby enemy is using it.

Energy Sword
Weapon Ability: Dash
Standard Energy sword from Halo 3/Reach, but allows the wielder to quickly sprint forward due to the weapon's ultra-light weight. Unlike the Sprint AA, "Dash" cannot be toggled on and off and acts like a forward-only evade.

Assault Rifle
Weapon Ability: Grenade Launcher
Standard issue Assault Rifle, but updated with an under-slung grenade rifle. Using this weapon ability consumes one of the currently selected grenades and launches it with greater speed, accuracy and distance than a throw.

Battle Rifle
Weapon Ability: Hologram
2x zoom, 3-shot burst mid-to-long rifle, exactly like the Halo 3 iteration but with the addition of a hologram projector to confuse enemies.

Sniper Rifle
Weapon Ability: Target Indicator
Little to no change to the current Sniper Rifle, but when aiming at an enemy target, the player can use the weapon ability to 'mark' the target. This is a persistent HUD element, visible to all teammates, that indicates the target's location even through solid surfaces. Due to limited visual tracking, this indicator disappears whenever the target is motionless.

Yep. They suck! But at least if we had to deal with an AA-like feature, they'd be balanced a little better.

Ramirez

I got pooped on hard tonight, been too long since I've played...

Was nice to actually some what enjoy Halo again though, the maps are ace.

Top Bottom