• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Nutter said:
School still kicking your ass?

Yeah it's gone into hyperdrive mode x_x. I played a little tonight and even then the whole time I was like "I should be doing my Fry's rebranding right now."

I have some cool silkscreen personal prints about video gaming I'm doing now though. When the semester is over, I'll send some out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Retro, I'm pretty sure you already shared those ideas with GAF, haha. And they're still bad. :p I always like your ideas, even if they're not always good.

Edit: Ahh, my mistake. You caught my stealth edit, too, hah.

Retro

omg.kittens said:
Retro, I'm pretty sure you already shared those ideas with GAF, haha. And they're still bad. :p I always like your ideas, even if they are bad.

Nah, I've mentioned the idea of the Silenced SMG and introducing more utility to the weapon pool, but never outright integration of AAs (or AA-like elements) incorporated directly into weapons.

Even if they're not a fit for Halo (and I admit outright that I'd rather see Equipment/AAs removed entirely rather than reintroduced in yet another way), I still wish we'd get a proper non-shit spiritual successor to Perfect Dark and it's *amazing* customization options and weapon selection.
Deploy Spartan Laser as Sentry Turret

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:
I'm still d/l.

Frankie/Ellis, etc. should get on and get pooped on (not by me!) Live on TTV.

Oh shit, that was all broadcast? Including the part where I yell about figure skating?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OuterWorldVoice said:
Oh shit, that was all broadcast? Including the part where I yell about figure skating?

It's been deleted already but yea it's been seen...by millions of people.

Uh so I saw a guy with an IGN shirt at the mexican place I go to during lunch for Silkscreen, remembered this tonight, looked up where they are located. Fucks are right down the street from my building. Any suggestions about what I should do.

Stinkles

Devolution said:
Uh so I saw a guy with an IGN shirt at the mexican place I go to during lunch for Silkscreen, remembered this tonight, looked up where they are located. Fucks are right down the street from my building. Any suggestions about what I should do.

Git yourself a prime husband.

KevinRo

Devolution said:

Challenge them to a game of Halo. Once you've demolished them, stand up and scream at them that they are beta scrawns. Then leave. Oh, and ask them for an extra CEAE dlc code before you call them beta srawns.

senador

Banned
Awesome that some of you are playing new maps already. I'll be excited to play them come Tuesday.

It's going to be a pain to juggle games in a week or 2; Halo, BF3
so good
, Zelda and Forza. Gears 3 is still waiting too. Game releases really should be more spread out.

There have been so many "oh shit," random, unscripted moments of glory in Skyrim. Like when
I was walking to the Throat of the World, I came upon two Imperial men holding a Stormcloak man prisoner. I usually root for the underdog, so I decided to kill the two captors. As I was slicing and dicing, knee deep in blood, a giant fucking Sabre Cat leaped from the bushes and sank his teeth into the shackled man. Before that, I was on a cliff edge speculating if I could survive the fall when an Elk comes flying in the air past my ear, screaming bloody murder and plunging to his death.
I've put 14 hours into it in 2 days, which is a huge feat for me.

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginationispower/6339356434/

Duncan is probably updating his article already.
lol. Probably not Destiny-related, but I saved the pic just in case.

In unrelated news, Battlefield 3 is awesome. I've been trying to get my fill before CEA comes out.
- Rocket Pod is without a doubt the greatest unlock for jets. One time I disabled/destroyed 25 tanks in a single match.
- When you have a competent heli pilot, it's pretty easy to go 30-9 as the gunner.
- Apparently Battlefield has infantry combat too. Not sure why you'd go for that over vehicle play, but whatever.

FyreWulff

Nobody will ever be able to explain it, but Installation04 is much more fun to play in the comfort of your own home/TV/chair than at Halofest.

I've also come to the conclusion that playing the Reach campaign in Carter's armor is the best way to play it. Every cutscene cracks me up and Carter's armor looks awesome.

Devolution said:
Yeah it's gone into hyperdrive mode x_x. I played a little tonight and even then the whole time I was like "I should be doing my Fry's rebranding right now."

I have some cool silkscreen personal prints about video gaming I'm doing now though. When the semester is over, I'll send some out.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat, although I've still been sneaking on BF3 far more often than I should.

FyreWulff

Chess works on all Anniversary maps, even Penance.

I wouldn't really attempt a game of it on Penance though, the framerate drops so much that even the screenshot function slows down considerably.

edit: woops. Correction on Breakneck. You can delete the mancannon, you just have to grab it from the front.

Striker

Has it been noted by either David or Frank, on the DMR's bloom in the CEA BTB playlist? I would figure it's probably 85% bloom like the TU Beta, but I'm just assuming here. Still don't like the idea of the CE Pistol as the secondary (for 4v4, I will take the Pistol start). Make it the pesky AR and call it a day.

wwm0nkey

With BF3, MGS HD, Skyrim and now Halo CEA...I am good with games for a long time now :)

(you should all pick up Skyrim its an absolutely amazing game)

Anyone know the quickest way to get five vehicle kills in FF? I nedd 3 daily's to complete the weekly and I don't know where that Gold Ranger Elite is either so I have to go the FF route.

Striker

thee henery said:
Anyone know the quickest way to get five vehicle kills in FF? I nedd 3 daily's to complete the weekly and I don't know where that Gold Ranger Elite is either so I have to go the FF route.
Are you doing solo or doubles? Beachhead generally brings out a decent amount of vehicles, the Ghost and Wraith. I find Holdout a decent substitute since it gets about five Banshees flying across the sky and a few sniper bullets takes it out in a matter of seconds.

Striker said:
Are you double solo or doubles? Beachhead generally brings out a decent amount of vehicles, the Ghost and Wraith. I find Holdout a decent substitute since it gets about five Banshees flying across the sky and a few sniper bullets takes it out in a matter of seconds.

Didn't think about the Banshees, thanks. I tried earlier solo, vetoed about eight different maps until I got to Beachhead and the only options were 'score attack', 'gruntpocalypse', and 'fiesta attack'. I chose score attack and there wasn't a single vehicle; it's annoying not knowing which gametypes have what.

thee henery said:
Score Attack playlist, Holdout, Score Attack 2x, Rocket Attack or Sniper Attack. Grunts and Brutes will mount the fixed turret in the center of the map, and if you can shoot the turret off while they're still on it, you can get a vehicle kill (they'll jump off of it pretty quickly, so hit it with a Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, or Target Designator while they're comfortably setup, or with a Rocket Launcher or Plasma Grenade at close range). I find that holding the lowest tier of the platform will sometimes draw one of them onto the turret.

The rest of the vehicle kills you can get on the Banshees. The Banshee will show up about every 3 minutes, as long as you've got enough enemies wiped out in the current wave, I usually whittle it down to one squad, or 4 enemies. If you just want to camp in a safe place and wait for Banshees, you can jump off a crate and sit all the way on top of the stack of rooms you spawn in, or jetpack up to the railing next to where the MAC cannon is in the campaign.

Sniper Attack makes for the easiest Banshee kills, just put a couple shots in it. Rocket Attack is trickier because the Banshee will sometimes be an ace at evading your shots. I find the best way to hit it with rockets is to go to the MAC cannon platform using a jetpack, and hit it on its approaching run by targeting it through these two metal grates up on the platform. I hit it every time like that. If you're playing Score Attack 2x, it can be a pain in the ass to kill the Banshee at get it to count as a vehicle kill. The surest way is to hit it with Spartan Laser, but you may not get that ordnance, so I usually jetpack up to it while it's looping back towards the platform an stick it with a Plasma Grenade at point-blank range.

If you need help, we can play some doubles, too. Firefight Limited on Beachhead is another great place to get vehicle kills, although I still think Holodut is the most time-efficient if you know what you're doing.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
With BF3, MGS HD, Skyrim and now Halo CEA...I am good with games for a long time now :)

(you should all pick up Skyrim its an absolutely amazing game)
Europe has to wait longer for MGS HD. Lost money, by then it's either Witcher 2 or Mass Effect 3.

HiredN00bs said:
Score Attack playlist, Holdout, Score Attack 2x, Rocket Attack or Sniper Attack. Grunts and Brutes will mount the fixed turret in the center of the map, and if you can shoot the turret off while they're still on it, you can get a vehicle kill (they'll jump off of it pretty quickly, so hit it with a Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, or Target Designator while they're comfortably setup, or with a Rocket Launcher or Plasma Grenade at close range). I find that holding the lowest tier of the platform will sometimes draw one of them onto the turret.

The rest of the vehicle kills you can get on the Banshees. The Banshee will show up about every 3 minutes, as long as you've got enough enemies wiped out in the current wave, I usually whittle it down to one squad, or 4 enemies. If you just want to camp in a safe place and wait for Banshees, you can jump off a crate and sit all the way on top of the stack of rooms you spawn in, or jetpack up to the railing next to where the MAC cannon is in the campaign.

Sniper Attack makes for the easiest Banshee kills, just put a couple shots in it. Rocket Attack is trickier because the Banshee will sometimes be an ace at evading your shots. I find the best way to hit it with rockets is to go to the MAC cannon platform using a jetpack, and hit it on its approaching run by targeting it through these two metal grates up on the platform. I hit it every time like that. If you're playing Score Attack 2x, it can be a pain in the ass to kill the Banshee at get it to count as a vehicle kill. The surest way is to hit it with Spartan Laser, but you may not get that ordnance, so I usually jetpack up to it while it's looping back towards the platform an stick it with a Plasma Grenade at point-blank range.

If you need help, we can play some doubles, too. Firefight Limited on Beachhead is another great place to get vehicle kills, although I still think Holodut is the most time-efficient if you know what you're doing.

This is excellent advice, thanks for that. Gonna try Holdout in a bit and hopefully get the right gametype!

darthbob said:
If you have a Walmart near you, you can usually go there at 12:01am and just buy a copy.

I live in a small, ass town and that's what I'm doing.
According to Google Maps Spain's nearest Walmart is located a few thoushands kilometres from here.

Karl2177

Gabotron ES said:
According to Google Maps Spain's nearest Walmart is located a few thoushands kilometres from here.
Well, buck up and wait a bit. I'm just glad I don't have to work on Monday nights or work any midnight releases. (school takes priority. I still feel like an asshole showing up to the midnight releases though)

FyreWulff

The Real Napsta said:
So are the Halo CE gametype out or just the maps?

Well, the Classic variants of the maps certainly don't come with the map pack.

I think even if you attempted to upload it right now, Bungie.net would block it as Classified Intel. My screenshot of Penance is stuck like that for now.

FyreWulff said:

I think even if you attempted to upload it right now, Bungie.net would block it as Classified Intel. My screenshot of Penance is stuck like that for now.
Yeah, I was anxious to render some of our games yesterday, no dice. Tashi was saying he could cap and post some.

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:

I'm assuming bungie.net is adding Anniversary DLC functionality right now. Service Records and profiles can't be accessed right now.

Stinkles

FyreWulff said:

That's not Bungie's fault by the way, that's just how they're intaking the data with our flags on it. Obviously it will all change tomorrow.

OuterWorldVoice said:
That's not Bungie's fault by the way, that's just how they're intaking the data with our flags on it. Obviously it will all change tomorrow.

Lies! we all know urk sits and filters every single uploaded content by hand.

Morning HaloGAF.

Amazon Shipped my CE:A saturday by royal mail so hopefully i get it monday and i can have some customs with you guys.

Top Bottom