• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Despite its obvious flaws, I still prefer the Halo 2 system. I'm sure many agree with me.

I hope (;-_-)

I don't. I think Halo 3's system was better. None of them are great though. However, they're both better than what we have now. I do think we can have a better system, much better.

Hey You

You shouldn't use the Kinect to voice chat while online gaming, it's really annoying for everyone else.

Don't have a mic, I want to talk when I game. I don't give a shit if random people are annoyed, my friends don't mind and that's all that matters.

daedalius

489-27 in favor of bringing back Ranks, heh.

Also, I have a kinect and would never even think about using that instead of a mic for communication, lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://www.twitch.tv/gandhimlg

New episode of Gandhi's Halo show, Behind the Crosshairs

^^what he said

MM team. said:
TrueSkill ranking is being used to find good matches inside the MLG playlist (and all other playlists as well). However, since almost all of our resources and people are currently committed to Halo 4, we simply don’t have the resources available to do what would, by necessity, be a fairly dramatic overhaul of the UI and certain systems to expose that number. This is simply the way Reach was built.

We are willing and happy to continue our work with MLG to fine-tune skill matching within that playlist, the goal being to strike a good balance between competitive games and matchmaking times. We are in constant contact with the MLG officials, so give them your feedback via the normal methods they have in place, and we’ll continue working with them to make the MLG playlist the best it can be. Thanks!

CyReN

"TrueSkill ranking is being used to find good matches inside the MLG playlist (and all other playlists as well). However, since almost all of our resources and people are currently committed to Halo 4, we simply don’t have the resources available to do what would, by necessity, be a fairly dramatic overhaul of the UI and certain systems to expose that number. This is simply the way Reach was built.

We are willing and happy to continue our work with MLG to fine-tune skill matching within that playlist, the goal being to strike a good balance between competitive games and matchmaking times. We are in constant contact with the MLG officials, so give them your feedback via the normal methods they have in place, and we’ll continue working with them to make the MLG playlist the best it can be. Thanks!" - David Ellis

Hmm

daedalius

"TrueSkill ranking is being used to find good matches inside the MLG playlist (and all other playlists as well). However, since almost all of our resources and people are currently committed to Halo 4, we simply don’t have the resources available to do what would, by necessity, be a fairly dramatic overhaul of the UI and certain systems to expose that number. This is simply the way Reach was built.

We are willing and happy to continue our work with MLG to fine-tune skill matching within that playlist, the goal being to strike a good balance between competitive games and matchmaking times. We are in constant contact with the MLG officials, so give them your feedback via the normal methods they have in place, and we’ll continue working with them to make the MLG playlist the best it can be. Thanks!"

Hmm

Yea, sounds like modifying the UI would be a giant pain; can that even be done with a title update? That was one of the reasons they didn't change the pistol clip.

I doubt they could tell the other playlists to act like the arena one easily so ranking would be visible.

:sadface.gif:

Alright I have a challenge for you all...

I'm too fucking tired to go back and see what I missed today.

So sum everything that has happened on HaloGAF today in 3 sentences.

feel

We are willing and happy to continue our work with MLG to fine-tune skill matching within that playlist, the goal being to strike a good balance between competitive games and matchmaking times. We are in constant contact with the MLG officials, so give them your feedback via the normal methods they have in place, and we’ll continue working with them to make the MLG playlist the best it can be. Thanks!" - David Ellis

Hmm
LMAO at the background on his twitter wall, very fitting.

lybertyboy what do you say to those who want ranked playlists.

IncredibleSleep.jpg

Yea, sounds like modifying the UI would be a giant pain; can that even be done with a title update? That was one of the reasons they didn't change the pistol clip.

I doubt they could tell the other playlists to act like the arena one easily so ranking would be visible.

:sadface.gif:

Any changes to the UI were out of the scope of the TU, so its obviously a pretty big change to modify the UI.

start a huge XBL party
internet disconnects
come back online and party is full

:|

back to premium battle for me

Scrub status confirmed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Any changes to the UI were out of the scope of the TU, so its obviously a pretty change to modify the UI.

Just the work would be a big overhaul and the testing would be a mare.

As an aside, some days I am super excited about things I see at my job. Today is such a day.

Top Bottom