• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thank god this franchise is in the hands of 343.

Yep. I've become completely disinterested in everything regarding Bungie. Reach, and post launch support (playlist management, and the nothing else) were insulting. And on the nerd part, they've never been good writers, and somehow managed to much up the first good Halo story that got me into the fiction (FoR).

Maybe they'll bungle into a good game again with Destiny, but I'm done. 343i has my ear.

Yep. I've become completely disinterested in everything regarding Bungie. Reach, and post launch support (playlist management, and the nothing else) were insulting. And on the nerd part, they've never been good writers, and somehow managed to much up the first good Halo story that got me into the fiction (FoR).

Maybe they'll bungle into a good game again with Destiny, but I'm done. 343i has my ear.

That's weird. I mean 343 has a fair sub section of ex-Bungie right?

GhaleonEB

I just got a 360 and Reach on Black Friday, so I'm a little late to the party. My friends list is pretty empty right now, so add "Roth IRA" if you want to party up.

Ha. Love the gamer tag. My wife and I opened Roths my freshman year in college.

First suggestion is fine, second isn't. If you go for it, you need to be prepared for the consequences.

Agree. Personally I think a double-tap of melee should trigger them so there's no risk of an accidental. I've done one, maybe two deliberate assassinations in multiplayer. All the rest were accidents, and about 1/3 of them got me killed. I'm not a fan of them at all, but I'm guessing they're not going away. So I just want to make sure I never do them.

Ramirez

seriously, if halo gaf hates halo reach so much, why are you on OT7? why not take a break until halo 4? why not play and bump halo 3's OT?

"Another part of me reads these posts and realizes that it's mostly sad." urk

If we do this, can we bring back EazyB? Halo 3 threads were so good.

We're on OT7 because this thread is basically a catch all for Halo discussion, and I also see no problem with criticism of a game as long as it's well thought out, which it usually is.

KevinRo

I don't know about you guys buti done talking crap about Halo. I'm pumped. I'm high. I'm ready to play some Halo. Anyone on trying to play sent me a FR at KevinRo. I'm ready to whoop some ass.

GhaleonEB

If we do this, can we bring back EazyB? Halo 3 threads were so good.

We're on OT7 because this thread is basically a catch all for Halo discussion, and I also see no problem with criticism of a game as long as it's well thought out, which is usually is.

One of the benefits of being in the Community section is the how the conversation is relatively inoculated from the drive-bys that happen on the Gaming side. Reading the last few pages has been quiet enjoyable.

wwm0nkey

While Reach is my least favorite Halo game, to ignore the amazing work Bungie did on Marathon, Myth, Oni and Halo 1-3 is a bit much. I love Bungie and can not wait to see Destiny in action.

Ramirez

One of the benefits of being in the Community section is the how the conversation is relatively inoculated from the drive-bys that happen on the Gaming side. Reading the last few pages has been quiet enjoyable.

Yup, I find the Gaming side almost unreadable, I love my community threads though.

Yeah. I enjoy these discussions too. It's just so easy, ya know? I feel like this channel between Bungie/343i and the fans tends to be a bit more critical in it's thinking. Some really great posters here that you simply wouldn't find buried amidst the masses in other places.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah. I enjoy these discussions too. It's just so easy, ya know? I feel like this channel between Bungie/343i and the fans tends to be a bit more critical in it's thinking. Some really great posters here that you simply wouldn't find buried amidst the masses in other places.

and then you have people like Heckfu. Not great, but his boyish good looks make up for the areas where he lacks.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
While Reach is my least favorite Halo game, to ignore the amazing work Marathon, Myth, Oni and Halo 1-3 is a bit much. I love Bungie and can not wait to see Destiny in action.
Well, I really didn't like Oni at all (Perfect Dark and Max Payne came within a year of it, how could I) and didn't find 2's campaign especially fun, but I'll give you 3. I just don't see a reason to be attached given that I've liked 2 games out of them in 10 years.

Plus, I guess I'm trying to play fewer games in each genre and quit tunnelling myself into half a dozen similar FPSes, RTSes and WRPGs, since I generally have broad tastes. I'm cool with Halo being my FPS game, and diving into other things, like my recent UMvC3 thing, XBLA games, whatever JRPGs show up on Vita, etc. Bungie is a victim of my gaming midlife crisis.

Which one is the Epic Letters boot? Is that the one where you wait until the end of the match to boot the guy that betrayed you? Or does this involved getting rid of an unwanted roommate IRL?

and then you have people like Heckfu. Not great, but his boyish good looks make up for the areas where he lacks.

Um, heckfu? We need to talk...

ElRenoRaven

While Reach is my least favorite Halo game, to ignore the amazing work Bungie did on Marathon, Myth, Oni and Halo 1-3 is a bit much. I love Bungie and can not wait to see Destiny in action.

You and me both. Oni while a bit rough was so damn amazing. I own both the PC and PS2 versions. Then how can anyone not love the Myth and Marathon franchises. It's weird but I can say that I've loved each and every game Bungie has made even when it comes to the Halo games. Sure I have some nitpicks here and there but I still love each and every one. I honestly can't say that about any other developer. I honestly can't wait to see what Destiny is. I just dread if it really is an MMO with a monthly fee. I just know though that I'll pay cause it will turn out to be freaking amazing.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Visited the wasteland that is Bungie.net yesterday and it made me pretty depressed. So many great memories there from the Weekly Updates, the occasional awesome news feed entry, Bungie Faves, and the hilarious forum banter.

I am staying optimistic about Halo's future, but man Reach really fell off quickly for me, as well as many of my friends. And perhaps it's my financial situation influencing my decisions, but I haven't been nearly as rushed to run out and buy CEA as I originally was.

Fuck...feels bad man. I want to rewind. :_(

feel

Visited the wasteland that is Bungie.net yesterday and it made me pretty depressed. So many great memories there from the Weekly Updates, the occasional awesome news feed entry, Bungie Faves, and the hilarious forum banter.

I am staying optimistic about Halo's future, but man Reach really fell off quickly for me, as well as many of my friends. And perhaps it's my financial situation influencing my decisions, but I haven't been nearly as rushed to run out and buy CEA as I originally was.

HOLD!

frankiesaveusap7vr.gif

The montages being shown on Mikwen Ninja stream are terrible. So much editing. Let the gameplay do the talking.

Yes.... you know considering he has hours of archived gameplay I hope the montage would be edited and entertaining in a different way.

You know we already know hes a skilled player from his placings and stream. Now we wanna see the highlights.

I don't even wanna start this up again but a montage is supposed to be visually stunning and entertaining. All car chase scene, no romantic plot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm still getting the "you've left to many games" warning everytime i boot up reach. wtf

Homeboyd

Why is this not it's own thread. I would like to know sony's thinking behind releasing something like this for the ps3.
On a side note, this video opened up with an add for xbox even though its about the ps3.

Here you go

i'm still getting the "you've left to many games" warning everytime i boot up reach. wtf
Yeah I was too.. then I accidentally splattered someone on a ghost...

Temp ban.

lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Do you live in the US?

FyreWulff

Note: this is not due to any official directive from 343. But since we had particular success with the Bungie CC in reporting map exploits due to a venue with massive signal:noise ratio, I thought I'd do this again.
If you know of a location that allows a play to hide, get out of, or otherwise exploit any multiplayer map in Halo: Reach matchmaking (Official or Community), please report this exploit so I can collate them together and file a single report with 343 via the Community Cartographer forums.

What I need:

1) The map name. On Anniversary maps I need the specific version (ie High Noon versus Hang Em High)

2) A screenshot of a player in the exploit location. If you have a film clip of the exploit, even better.

If you do not want to post the exploit for the world to see, you can email it to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "Map Exploit Report" with the above information. The sooner the better, although you can consider this request open into the forseeable future. But you can also just reply to me here.

Note once again, this is multiplayer only. Firefight maps cannot be updated with new kill zones. No guarantees are being made on my behalf that the fixes you report will be implemented, etc etc.

Exploits already known and to be included in the report:

GRD Doll exploit on Penance
GRD Doll exploit on Battle Canyon
Off-map spots on Asylum
Boardwalk glass room escapes

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Note: this is not due to any official directive from 343. But since we had particular success with the Bungie CC in reporting map exploits due to a venue with massive signal:noise ratio, I thought I'd do this again.
If you know of a location that allows a play to hide, get out of, or otherwise exploit any multiplayer map in Halo: Reach matchmaking (Official or Community), please report this exploit so I can collate them together and file a single report with 343 via the Community Cartographer forums.

What I need:

1) The map name. On Anniversary maps I need the specific version (ie High Noon versus Hang Em High)

2) A screenshot of a player in the exploit location. If you have a film clip of the exploit, even better.

If you do not want to post the exploit for the world to see, you can email it to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "Map Exploit Report" with the above information. The sooner the better, although you can consider this request open into the forseeable future. But you can also just reply to me here.

Note once again, this is multiplayer only. Firefight maps cannot be updated with new kill zones. No guarantees are being made on my behalf that the fixes you report will be implemented, etc etc.

Exploits already known and to be included in the report:

GRD Doll exploit on Penance
GRD Doll exploit on Battle Canyon
Off-map spots on Asylum
Boardwalk glass room escapes

GRD Doll Flag disruptions.

Top Bottom