• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dude. DUDE. Dude. =)

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Montage was pretty good. I do have some issues with it though. 3rd person angles of dead bodies doing back flips got old real quick. Also, the names at the top of the video was a bad idea. Everyone's focus is towards the middle-bottom of the screen. It took me a minute to realize and say, "hey wait, how do I know whose clips these are?" I was so focused on the action, I often missed the name at top.

Otherwise pretty good. Nothing special, no clips that blew my mind. I'm also glad that I was not in it. That's something I always look at in montages lol

edit: Stream is up. Montage makes me wanna play lol

edit 2: Frankie, I'll give you lessons if you delete the gamertag "Tashi" I really want it!! The guy doesn't fuckin use it man!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Montage was pretty good. I do have some issues with it though. 3rd person angles of dead bodies doing back flips got old real quick. Also, the names at the top of the video was a bad idea. Everyone's focus is towards the middle-bottom of the screen. It took me a minute to realize and say, "hey wait, how do I know whose clips these are?" I was so focused on the action, I often missed the name at top.

Otherwise pretty good. Nothing special, no clips that blew my mind. I'm also glad that I was not in it. That's something I always look at in montages lol

edit: Stream is up. Montage makes me wanna play lol

edit 2: Frankie, I'll give you lessons if you delete the gamertag "Tashi" I really want it!! The guy doesn't fuckin use it man!!

I was DUDEing actually because I'm better at this bloom shit fucking drunk. I thought you'd laugh at that.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

3rd person angles are so hot right now 3rd person angles. Future montage makers. Enough with the over editing.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Wanna know what else is gonna be an awesome experience? Come January when I destroy her in our 1v1 so bad that she'll never want to show her face in this thread ever again.

That's what.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn I had so much fun just now. Gonna miss sprint for sure when it's out of MLG. I just love how I can get around the map in so many different ways.

kylej

Banned
ehh so much editing in the Ninjatage. I still prefer Snipedown's H3 blaintage for the sheer level of wape in it. Snipedown had so many fucking overkills he had to keep rolling through his clips through the credits. Brings a tear to the eye of all of us who have donged.

ehh so much editing in the Ninjatage. I still prefer Snipedown's H3 blaintage for the sheer level of wape in it. Snipedown had so many fucking overkills he had to keep rolling through his clips through the credits. Brings a tear to the eye of all of us who have donged.

Was that the one which started with him getting into a lift or something? If they cut that out it might have been perfection. Good music, not overedited, good kills. I respect montage makers with awesome editing skills, and if I had the time thats what I would go for, but the simpler montages which dont obstruct gameplay are always a LOT better.

Ive just spent the last 20 mins watching old montages lol, I really want to play some H3 customs now.

Note: this is not due to any official directive from 343. But since we had particular success with the Bungie CC in reporting map exploits due to a venue with massive signal:noise ratio, I thought I'd do this again.
If you know of a location that allows a play to hide, get out of, or otherwise exploit any multiplayer map in Halo: Reach matchmaking (Official or Community), please report this exploit so I can collate them together and file a single report with 343 via the Community Cartographer forums.

What I need:

1) The map name. On Anniversary maps I need the specific version (ie High Noon versus Hang Em High)

2) A screenshot of a player in the exploit location. If you have a film clip of the exploit, even better.

If you do not want to post the exploit for the world to see, you can email it to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "Map Exploit Report" with the above information. The sooner the better, although you can consider this request open into the forseeable future. But you can also just reply to me here.

Note once again, this is multiplayer only. Firefight maps cannot be updated with new kill zones. No guarantees are being made on my behalf that the fixes you report will be implemented, etc etc.

Exploits already known and to be included in the report:

GRD Doll exploit on Penance
GRD Doll exploit on Battle Canyon
Off-map spots on Asylum
Boardwalk glass room escapes

That's great of you, will send you a few ones.

Hemmorhage seriously needs some spots blocked, so annoying.

To be fair it could have probably been cut down slightly, there's only so many Overkills before they begin blending together. :p Some of the weaker ones could have been done without, but to be fair they are actually all pretty good. Maybe splitting em up over multiple montages would have been better. Im kinda weird I dont really watch montages for like Overkills and stuff, im more interested in seeing interesting plays.

Meh, music could have been better, but its far better than the loud screamo stuff in most montages lol, I tend to mute most.

ElRenoRaven

I have to mute 99% of montages because the Halo community is clueless about music.

Hell that is most gaming communities. Am I crazy for prefering montages to have the actual sounds from the game? To me it's boring to see a bunch of gameplay that is silent other then the shitty fucking music everyone uses. I'd rather hear the sounds of the game or at least maybe some music from the game's soundtrack. But nope it's always one of these shitty ass bands like Linkin Park or some other shit band like them.

See now that's a great example of how to do a montage right. You have the games sound with some music overlaid but not drowning it out. And the music isn't some shitty band.

Top Bottom