• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Ramirez

It's amazing how decent Reach can actually be without AAs. It almost felt like Halo again.

It does feel like Halo, MLG has done an amazing job with this turd.

Inevitably though, we win too many games and we'll start going up against kids who eat, sleep, and breathe MLG and the fun window will close on us old timers. :(

I did notice the population had increased a lot in the playlist though, maybe word of mouth can spread that Halo gameplay has returned. You just have to go into the MLG playlist to get it. :p

I hope they adopt Beaver Creek soon.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NO SPOILERS!!!#!111
c17MD.gif

George R. R. Martin
dies before the end
of publishing the whole book series
das not funneh

Striker

So would anyone. A proper geometry, terrain and texture editor... yeah, would be sweet. No more grey.
Foundry, Sandbox, and Forge World were all one color. Grey, brown, ugly orange - whatever. If they fixed that type of problem for Halo 4, that will be great. If not, there's no point in getting overly excited over this.

Your avatar made me think of the epic moment I read in ADWD today.

Just started it the other day, pretty excited about the characters covered in this one as opposed to AFFC.

Inevitably though, we win too many games and we'll start going up against kids who eat, sleep, and breathe MLG and the fun window will close on us old timers. :(

I did notice the population had increased a lot in the playlist though, maybe word of mouth can spread that Halo gameplay has returned. You just have to go into the MLG playlist to get it. :p

It only took them a year to figure out that the movement settings they put in v1 were clearly superior lol.

God, she's cute.

A lot

wwm0nkey

Ok so the new MLG playlist IS a lot of fun with the new settings.

EDIT: I like how the shotgun room in The Pit has now been replaced with pistols.

I will happily watch my W/L ratio crater as I immediately quit out of any match where Bungie or 3431 pits me and 3 other people with negative K/D ratios against a party of 4 with incredibly high K/D ratios.

If your matchmaking fails, don't punish me for backing the fuck out and trying to find a better one through rolls of the dice.

I will happily watch my W/L ratio crater as I immediately quit out of any match where Bungie or 3431 pits me and 3 other people with negative K/D ratios against a party of 4 with incredibly high K/D ratios.

If your matchmaking fails, don't punish me for backing the fuck out and trying to find a better one through rolls of the dice.
By that logic people would quit at the first sign of a loss (oh wait, they do).
You abandon your team, you deserve your shafting.

FyreWulff

Goosechecka said yesterday that they were aware of this and were in the process of letting 343 know to fix. Let's see how long it takes... :)

I think I'm going to stay clear of the playlist til then. Spawncamped for extra rounds when the game should be over is not my definition of fun.

Awesome kitty Scarab

EDIT : sweet! member status obtained.
I had to use too much fantasy to see the Scarab... sigh.

What's this, a fun time in Elite Slayer? With randoms?! Thank you, Ridgeline. Thank you for being there for me.
Elite Slayer is always fun. lol. #notclearIfI'mtrollingrightnow

Wait a second? Halo is back? HALO IS BACK?! I will try it out later.

I hope we see an evolution of the Scarab in Halo 4. More ways to take out, perhaps have one stalk you throughout an entire level (etc.). Best boss fights in an FPS I've played, and I'd love to see 343 expand on the concept.

wwm0nkey

I hope we see an evolution of the Scarab in Halo 4. More ways to take out, perhaps have one stalk you throughout an entire level (etc.). Best boss fights in an FPS I've played, and I'd love to see 343 expand on the concept.

You mean like it was supposed to in Halo 3 during that cut mission?

Tawpgun

Halo needs more cool mission objectives. Things like the vent cores, pulse generators, in Halo CE. Imagine fighting on top of a massive forerunner machine thats moving, and you need to hit its weak points to bring it down while fighting the new enemies.

You mean like it was supposed to in Halo 3 during that cut mission?
I dunno. Hadn't heard about this before. The Guardian level?

Of course, in order to keep the concept fresh, this New Scarab should stalk you in different ways every time you play it (you see it in different places each time).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
First game I played in the Anniversary playlists was Elite Slayer on Ridgeline and it was pretty cool, my only problem is that there are like 20 ghosts on that map.

which are oh so fun to bait in, then pp and stick :)

I thought we wouldn't be fighting Covenant in 4.

Instead of a Scarab think about this:
A giant plattform-like Forerunner Sentinel hovering over high ground, it also unleashes smaller sentinel forms attached to it's belly and sides which also serves as defensive turrets.

You have to deplete the shields around their propulsors in order to take it down or access it's core from inside.

You could also have missions where you can fight them from the ground or from your Falcon/Pelican/Gawk turret just to board it after.

IMAGINATION

Did you get your account cleared up yet?

Yup, still don't know why it was taken down.

wwm0nkey

I dunno. Hadn't heard about this before. The Guardian level?

Of course, in order to keep the concept fresh, this New Scarab should stalk you in different ways every time you play it (you see it in different places each time).

Nope it was when you where still on earth. I remember reading about it in OXM (I think it was that at least) and got super hyped. Really sad that it didn't make it in.

Also how about we just get the Forerunner equivalent to the scarab which I am sure will be the case for Halo 4 anyways.

monome

That Cat Scarab doesn't have a fourth leg.

there

By the way, getting to talk about possible Scarab variants in halo 4 got me a hard on.

With Sparth providing sketches for the team, we are in for a treat when it comes to places and machines.

As a treat here is a new sketch by Sparth published today for a sci-fi anthology

senador

Banned
Nope it was when you where still on earth. I remember reading about it in OXM (I think it was that at least) and got super hyped. Really sad that it didn't make it in.

Also how about we just get the Forerunner equivalent to the scarab which I am sure will be the case for Halo 4 anyways.

This never happens to you.

:p

I thought we wouldn't be fighting Covenant in 4.

Instead of a Scarab think about this:
A giant plattform-like Forerunner Sentinel hovering over high ground, it also unleashes smaller sentinel forms attached to it's belly and sides which also serves as defensive turrets.

You have to deplete the shields around their propulsors in order to take it down or access it's core from inside.

You could also have missions where you can fight them from the ground or from your Falcon/Pelican/Gawk turret just to board it after.
When I said "evolution," I didn't mean to imply that I think we'll be seeing Scarabs in Halo 4 or that we'd be fighting the Covenant, but I'd want a new enemy equivalent. An evolution of the concept, more specifically.

Top Bottom