• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

daedalius

Spoily spoily from books
Glasslands

Mind telling why Glasslands, a commissioned Halo book goes to great length to introduce Armed and Dangerous Covenants Religious Zealots

Fleshing out universe fiction and the current state of humanity/the covenant doesn't mean we will be fighting the covenant again.

I'd imagine we will be fighting something similar to the giant abomination thing in the Halo 4 art trailer. But who knows, there may be some splinter faction covenant stranded in this place too that don't know the war is over.

Well, I don't want to hype I don't know. And it could not be in halo 4. Still...if it talks looks like duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck.

wtf.gif

monome

Fleshing out universe fiction and the current state of humanity/the covenant doesn't mean we will be fighting the covenant again.

I'd imagine we will be fighting something similar to the giant abomination thing in the Halo 4 art trailer. But who knows, there may be some splinter faction covenant stranded in this place too that don't know the war is over.

Well, I don't want to hype I don't know. And it could not be in halo 4. Still...if it talks looks like duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck.
From the art trailer there is UNSC too, and Forza 4 introduced a new warthog to be used in Halo 4.
I guess the place MC visits will get other guests.

FyreWulff

From the art trailer there is UNSC too, and Forza 4 introduced a new warthog to be used in Halo 4.
I guess the place MC visits will get other guests.

You're on the Forward Unto Dawn. Chief is drifting through space on a literal Deus Ex Machina.

I wouldn't mind factions of the Covenant not knowing the war is over appearing in Halo 4 to mix things up so long as the following two conditions are met:
1. The new antagonists are at least as fun to fight.
2. The Covenant doesn't outshine the new antagonists.

daedalius

MC will have access to UNSC gear because he is on a UNSC battle frigate, loaded with gear; even Fronk said this (not that I remember where, I think in the A-Z of Halo or something).

Its obviously going to have open world elements with the crashed ship serving as your hub ;) Makes me want to go play Metroid. Too bad its on the crappy wii in non-HD, >.<

Maybe the up-scaling my new receiver can do will make it look slightly less like garbage.

MC will have access to UNSC gear because he is on a UNSC battle frigate, loaded with gear; even Fronk said this (not that I remember where, I think in the A-Z of Halo or something).

Its obviously going to have open world elements with the crashed ship serving as your hub ;) Makes me want to go play Metroid. Too bad its on the crappy wii in non-HD, >.<

Maybe the up-scaling my new receiver can do will make it look slightly less like garbage.
Can't wait until the MC finds a secret stash of pro-pipes lying around.

I expect the ship to lose weapons and ammo as it falls to the surface of the Forerunner shield world, enabling us to find human weapons throughout every level.

Karl2177

I wouldn't mind factions of the Covenant not knowing the war is over appearing in Halo 4 to mix things up so long as the following two conditions are met:
1. The new antagonists are at least as fun to fight.
2. The Covenant doesn't outshine the new antagonists.

Like the Flood in Halo 1?

I expect the ship to lose weapons and ammo as it falls to the surface of the Forerunner shield world, enabling us to find human weapons throughout every level.
The Unicron Planet/whateveritisinthetrailer will eat the ship and poop out new Forerunner/Human hybrid weapons. The Assault Rifle will now have a Spartan Laser attachment with a Forerunner battery that never dies. The downside is you have to yell "SPARTAN LASER" at the screen for it to work, regardless of whether you have a Kinect or not.

daedalius

Well of course, the path/area you fly over before you crash will obviously be the one you traverse through the whole game, littered with weapons and 'hogs.

The Unicron Planet/whateveritisinthetrailer will eat the ship and poop out new Forerunner/Human hybrid weapons. The Assault Rifle will now have a Spartan Laser attachment with a Forerunner battery that never dies. The downside is you have to yell "SPARTAN LASER" at the screen for it to work, regardless of whether you have a Kinect or not.

Oh yea! I yell SPARTAN LASER everytime I use it, much to the chagrin of my party.

monome

New ennemy wiki probably ne sparsely uses during first half of game to give time to fear and learns its motivations.

Hub structure would be Godly

Fleshed out universe bypasses the need for armed covies to be ignorant

Karl2177

Two things:
1. I think it's debatable that the Flood overshadowed the Covenant in Halo 1.
2. The Flood was a twist, a surprise that no one saw coming. Seeing the Covenant won't have the same effect, even if we don't see their introduction coming.

The Flood was a twist, but it still remains that they were a shitty enemy to fight;to top it off, they got even worse as the series went on. If ODST had Halo 1 Elites to fight against, it would have been the perfect game enemy wise. Make every enemy fun to fight.

The Flood was a twist, but it still remains that they were a shitty enemy to fight;to top it off, they got even worse as the series went on. If ODST had Halo 1 Elites to fight against, it would have been the perfect game enemy wise. Make every enemy fun to fight.
I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I said I wouldn't be bothered with it if the new antagonists were as fun to fight as the Covenant. The Covenant are fun to fight against, ergo the new antagonists should be as fun to fight against.

Karl2177

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I said I wouldn't be bothered with it if the new antagonists were as fun to fight as the Covenant. The Covenant are fun to fight against, ergo the new antagonists should be as fun to fight against.

The Covenant outshined the Flood. I was agreeing with you and comparing it to Halo 1.

Ooh, that reminds me. I need to add 2001 to both Books and Movies.

-------
When Facebook switched to the new profile, I was morally opposed to the new system and preferred my text list of favorite movies/books. I recently reversed that decision. Gotta make my profile look good for the ladies. *adds Dune to favorite books*

I haven't been able to view Challenges on Waypoint for some time now. I get NullReferenceExceptions whenever I try to view Challenges on Chrome and Firefox. I can't make custom challenges as a result :/

senador

Banned

wat

I loved fighting the flood, especially in Halo CE. In CEA its even better due to the new sights and sounds.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you're playing Metroid on Wii, you're doing it wrong. :p Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Fusion, and Prime 1 (GC!) are all that matter.

I'm having more fun playing 85% bloom than ZB, it feels broken and inconsistent.
With 85% bloom I can pace my shots and be rewarded for it, still hope we don't have it in H4.

Speaking of 4, is the Forza 4 Warthog model a direct render? Lots of polygons there... loving how real and detailed it looks, there are tires and tubes instead of just flat textures.

H4 will sure look awesome, can't wait to see what Corrine Yu have cooked for us.

daedalius

If you're playing Metroid on Wii, you're doing it wrong. :p Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Fusion, and Prime 1 (GC!) are all that matter.

They released a special edition of Prime and Prime 2 (and prime 3 I think) on a bundle disc for the wii that has slightly updated visuals and 16:9 aspect.

But yea, those are the good ones (I've played Super countless times).

Nothing like the catasrophuck that was Other M.

I thought Corruption was alright, original Prime was probably better. The second one was a kick in the balls in terms of difficulty, but I thought it was pretty good.

daedalius

I keep seeing people make this joke about Metroid M.

Now I kinda wanna play the game to find it out.

Don't.

Just watch a video of some of the cinematics, but you probably won't make it through them. I seriously just wanted to skip them all, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

The baby, the Deleter, fuck man. Fuck that game. Way to shatter my outlook on Metroid forever, Yoshio Sakamoto; gtfo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They released a special edition of Prime and Prime 2 (and prime 3 I think) on a bundle disc for the wii that has slightly updated visuals and 16:9 aspect.

But yea, those are the good ones (I've played Super countless times).

Nothing like the catasrophuck that was Other M.

I thought Corruption was alright, original Prime was probably better. The second one was a kick in the balls in terms of difficulty, but I thought it was pretty good.
Ah, I didn't realize the bundle had updated graphics. I skipped Echoes, but definitely prefer MP1 over Corruption.

Zero Mission is the one I always go back to, though. It's fairly easy, but so good. And the post-game "extras" are amazing.

Speaking of 4, is the Forza 4 Warthog model a direct render? Lots of polygons there... loving how real and detailed it looks, there are tires and tubes instead of just flat textures.

H4 will sure look awesome, can't wait to see what Corrine Yu have cooked for us.

I wasn't blown away by the new Warthog when I tried Autovista at HaloFest.

For some reason I think it looks like the civilian Hummer/H2 version of the Warthog where the Halo 3/Reach Warthogs are the original military HMMV. It just looked like a LEGO MEGA Blocks toy, maybe the surface textures were just too clean and shiny.

There were some neat details to it and I'm sure it will look better in the actual game anyways. Besides, I wouldn't judge Halo 3's Spartan model based on DoA 4's Nicole-458 model.

daedalius

For some reason I think it looks like the civilian Hummer/H2 version of the Warthog where the Halo 3/Reach Warthogs are the original military HMMV. It just looked like a LEGO MEGA Blocks toy, maybe the surface textures were just too clean and shiny.

There were some neat details to it and I'm sure it will look better in the actual game anyways. Besides, I wouldn't judge Halo 3's Spartan model based on DoA 4's Nicole-458 model.

They're just that clean before they go into battle for the first time ;)

GhaleonEB

Probably just Forza's look, rather than how it will look in Halo 4. The model is one thing, but Forza has a very different visual style.

Top Bottom