• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

monome

Someone post the new member questionnaire thing for monome

In fact, put a link or something to it in the OP.

Hummm, I remember the questionnaire from my lurking days, sort of anyway.

I tried to get the gamertag list from OP but link is broken or the doc is gone. Wish I had some gaffers to play halo with.

Otherwise I'm pretty average, that's why I'm not getting into the technical/advisory discussions. But i'm mean, like nasty mean and won't hesitate to fuck my K/D for a good assist or a sweet revenge.

I still can tell shit is shit though.

I wasn't blown away by the new Warthog when I tried Autovista at HaloFest.

For some reason I think it looks like the civilian Hummer/H2 version of the Warthog where the Halo 3/Reach Warthogs are the original military HMMV. It just looked like a LEGO MEGA Blocks toy, maybe the surface textures were just too clean and shiny.

There were some neat details to it and I'm sure it will look better in the actual game anyways. Besides, I wouldn't judge Halo 3's Spartan model based on DoA 4's Nicole-458 model.

Nothing hass died near it in the showroom ;)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was...blown...by the new Warthog...at HaloFest.

Warthog.jpg

SoGood.gif

monome

Forza warthog is just a teaser, it won't look the same in another engine. But it was a nice present and having warthogs in halo4 kills any idea the Chief will be let there alone.

I don't want to derail some more the discussions and get to specific in spoiler territories but let's just say the books of 2011 and the trailers/terminals do give some clear indications on what we're gonna get.

It's gonna be awesome. Some much stuff to pick from and play with, and having a trilogy sets many years to come of Halo mystery.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lybertyboy/Warthog.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lybertyboy/SoGood.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Crap. Censoring the opinion of the people?

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3ShfcsY4HzI/Th7I21r9A-I/AAAAAAAAAXE/Ba8NVA2IbvY/s1600/Pillar10-History-French-Revolution-Delacroix.jpg

Bwahaha. Well played.

I'm willing to blame it on Kinect and the actual MEGA Bloks Warthog I had in my bag. And alcohol.
You were drunk at HaloFest? Didn't notice the difference. Sigh. The laws that forbid me to drink.

Edit.:
Do you want this beauty of art? It's up at 1Up charity auction

daedalius

Forza warthog is just a teaser, it won't look the same in another engine. But it was a nice present and having warthogs in halo4 kills any idea the Chief will be let there alone.

I don't want to derail some more the discussions and get to specific in spoiler territories but let's just say the books of 2011 and the trailers/terminals do give some clear indications on what we're gonna get.

It's gonna be awesome. Some much stuff to pick from and play with, and having a trilogy sets many years to come of Halo mystery.

He arrives in a UNSC battle frigate, it has 'hogs. Doesn't mean he won't be alone.

What debauchery is this? Duncan was blown by a Warthog at Halofest? What kind of parties do you throw, Ellis? o_O

invite me next time

What debauchery is this? Duncan was blown by a Warthog at Halofest? What kind of parties do you throw, Ellis? o_O

invite me next time
People called it "HaloFest". But everything that happened at Halofest, stay in HaloFest, Seattle. All the write-ups you guys read are lies. Don't believe them. It was much better.

He just probably stuck it in the exhaust pipe, nothing serious.
These burns are pretty serious.

People called it "HaloFest". But everything that happened at Halofest, stay in HaloFest, Seattle. All the write-ups you guys read are lies. Don't believe them. It was much better.
Yeah, nobody has even figured out that HaloFest was actually two weeks long. The last three days of Halo 4 testing were probably my favorite, I can't wait to see what GAF thinks of Superbloom™.

Ramirez

man I love Boneyard.... great map. <3

dylan.gif

It's not even a real MP map, isn't it the one they made as a campaign space and just slapped it into MP? It's terrible. 3/4 of the map are never used in non Invasion gametypes, and it's so badly balanced for Invasion it's mind numbing. Oh, let's put a spawn box 10 feet from the capture point. SHIP IT.

kylej

Banned
Crap. Censoring the opinion of the people?

Pillar10-History-French-Revolution-Delacroix.jpg

Halo is like the FR. The educated (myself, juices, TJs, Eazy, etc) sought change, the movement descended to the scrubs and bad kids, and in the end everybody forgot what the fuck they were fighting for and we accepted the same old status quo again. I guess Frankie is the Napoleonic figure. If we have 3 more revolutions to go before some real change, I wonder who will be lead dev on Halo by then.

Or maybe it hasn't happened yet in which case can I be Robespierre plz

Halo is like the FR. The educated (myself, juices, TJs, Eazy, etc) sought change, the movement descended to the scrubs and bad kids, and in the end everybody forgot what the fuck they were fighting for and we accepted the same old status quo again. I guess Frankie is the Napoleonic figure. If we have 3 more revolutions to go before some real change, I wonder who will be lead dev on Halo by then.

Or maybe it hasn't happened yet in which case can I be Robespierre plz
No. Because Sarge is Robespierre already.

We need him:
eR74E.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's nice to see you guys embracing MLG gametypes. And it's about fuckin time to be honest. How long have I been preaching them here? lol :p

It's nice to see you guys embracing MLG gametypes. And it's about fuckin time to be honest. How long have I been preaching them here? lol :p
If you had a mustache, people would follow you.

Well they've only been decent for less than 24 hours... It doesn't count when you've been preaching while they still sucked!
The multiplayer has only been decent for less than 3 months...

*seewhatIdidhere

Trasher

Well they've only been decent for less than 24 hours... It doesn't count when you've been preaching while they still sucked!

How much site traffic do you get?
It varies. Huge spikes when I publish new info and HBO links to it. Small spikes every time someone on b.net finds my Destiny article and makes another new thread about it.

views all-time

views today (so far)

views yesterday

views on the busiest day, August 9, 2011

Busiest day was when Joystiq linked to it. What's really funny is that I can see what Google search terms are sending people to my site.
Funniest ones:
"post and map handbags"
"colonial marines cake"
"what is a swago golden ticket"

On non-spike days it usually averages about 50-80 views.

I'm sure these are small numbers compared to other Halo sites, but I'm still delighted by them.

Tashi

If you had a mustache, people would follow you.

The multiplayer has only been decent for less than 3 months...

*seewhatIdidhere

I'm about shave actually lol

Yea bullshit. I'm talkin Halo 3 days too

edit:What's your site Duncan?

nevermind, i got it.

I just searched "Bad halo kid trying to make up for his lack of skills" was the first site listed

BTW Trasher, since you lurk the SC2 thread, have you noticed the SC2 kids ripping me for playing Halo. All. Fucking. Day. I guess I deserve it though because I talk a lot about how I'm going to eventually get better than them at the game lol

Took them a year to figure out their original settings were vastly superior to what they used for the entire season. Plus no bloom is a plus obviously.

It varies. Huge spikes when I publish new info and HBO links to it. Small spikes every time someone on b.net finds my Destiny article and makes another new thread about it.

views all-time

views today (so far)

views yesterday

views on the busiest day, August 9, 2011

Busiest day was when Joystiq linked to it. What's really funny is that I can see what Google search terms are sending people to my site.
Funniest ones:
"post and map handbags"
"colonial marines cake"
"what is a swago golden ticket"

On non-spike days it usually averages about 50-80 views.

I'm sure these are small numbers compared to other Halo sites, but I'm still delighted by them.
If you just post the photos I gave you at HaloFest...

I just searched "Bad halo kid trying to make up for his lack of skills" was the first site listed
If you search that, the second search result is the bungie.net forum.

Trasher

BTW Trasher, since you lurk the SC2 thread, have you noticed the SC2 kids ripping me for playing Halo. All. Fucking. Day. I guess I deserve it though because I talk a lot about how I'm going to eventually get better than them at the game lol

Weird. It took me here with that search.

Haha no I haven't noticed that yet.

Although I would probably argue that SC2 pros are more talented than Halo pros. SC2 is a much harder game IMO.

And here...we...go!

CyReN

Nice to see no hate towards MLG gametypes:)

For w/e reason if you haven't turned off your Xbox, please do some bloom is removed from MLG playlist.

Tashi

Weird. It took me here with that search.

Haha no I haven't noticed that yet.

Although I would probably argue that SC2 pros are more talented than Halo pros. SC2 is a much harder game IMO.

And here...we...go!
I don't think anyone would argue. But they dp required different talents. Like teamwork and communication.

But they make fun of autoaim :(

It just makes me wanna get better at SC2 and then rise through the ranks and eventually beat their best player.

daedalius

Kinda hard to compare aiming and communication abilities to APM and build order/counter knowledge.

They are vastly different games, I don't know if there is much to compare at all other than they are both highly competitive.

Hmmm. I dunno if that will happen. You are still bronze right? lol :p

Bronze on the cusp of breaking into Grandmaster, obviously.

Trasher

I don't think anyone would argue. But they dp required different talents. Like teamwork and communication.

But they make fun of autoaim :(

It just makes me wanna get better at SC2 and then rise through the ranks and eventually beat their best player.

Kinda hard to compare aiming and communication abilities to APM and build order/counter knowledge.

They are vastly different games, I don't know if there is much to compare at all other than they are both highly competitive.

Yeah it's definitely hard to find ways to compare them. One's a team game, and the other is completely individual, so that doesn't help either haha. I think it's fair to say that SC2 is more of a thinking man's game though. Being able to analyze your opponent and their build, and being able to adjust to different things.

Tashi

Yeah it's definitely hard to find ways to compare them. One's a team game, and the other is completely individual, so that doesn't help either haha. I think it's fair to say that SC2 is more of a thinking man's game though. Being able to analyze your opponent and their build, and being able to adjust to different things.

Nah it will happen.

ELLIS! RUN!

:lol

Nah it will happen.

:lol

Are you just trying to go pro at all of the MLG titles? The ultimate gamer lol.

I have never tried playing Starcraft, the level of investment required in real strategy games is huge. That kind of put me off straight away lol. Much respect to the people that are good at it but ill stick with Halo Wars. :p

I thought the "only the most informed and observant will notice" part of that article was interesting. It doesn't take that much observation to see that you were cheated out of a kill in CoD, for example. You just watch your bullets not register.

Top Bottom