• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hmm I thought that screen was from one of those powerpoints that also brought us gems like:

KTmUt.jpg

and
NZAdr.jpg

Wow. So purty.

It's the glorious announcement trailer armor!

Osxipm.png

Never forget.

Damn, seems I can't forget. I liked the "concrete" armor. =(

Ryaaan14

Banned
Domino Theory's extra copy of CEA arrived at my doorstep today (thank you SO much...again), and I do not plan on using the two Master Chief avatar costumes included.

Send PMs if you want the male or female version! :_)

So I'd just like to applaud Frankie and team for a good job on community involvement.

Really.

The love and effort Bungie put into HaloGAF has been met with the same amount of care and reception by 343i, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I was a bit apprehensive with Microsoft completely taking over Halo, and I feared a 'going under' of sorts for community involvement - a more CoD or GoW approach to things. But it has been quite the opposite, and I'm quite pleased as a regular consumer of all media that has been historically output. I feel like more than a customer, like my feedback matters.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
So I'd just like to applaud Frankie and team for a good job on community involvement.

Really.

The love and effort Bungie put into HaloGAF has been met with the same amount of care and reception by 343i, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. I was a bit apprehensive with Microsoft completely taking over Halo, and I feared a 'going under' of sorts for community involvement - a more CoD or GoW approach to things. But it has been quite the opposite, and I'm quite pleased as a regular consumer of all media that has been historically output. I feel like more than a customer, like my feedback matters.

Nice try, but we're still not offering the pro pipe as a helmet varient. :)

FyreWulff

Really.

I'd feel better if they actually listened to the feedback on how much bleedthrough is screwing with Reach's feedback system. But at this point I'm almost prepared to hear something akin to "85% bloom and bleedthrough are tied together", like how the DMR and NR are tied together for bloom settings for some reason.

daedalius

I'd feel better if they actually listened to the feedback on how much bleedthrough is screwing with Reach's feedback system. But at this point I'm almost prepared to hear something akin to "85% bloom and bleedthrough are tied together", like how the DMR and NR are tied together for bloom settings for some reason.

Would this really surprise you with how everything seems ludicrously tied together in Bungie's programming?

Bloom probably IS tied together between the DMR and NR, and I'll bet by allowing melee to bleedthrough, bullets have to as well.

FyreWulff

Would this really surprise you with how everything seems ludicrously tied together in Bungie's programming?

Bloom probably IS tied together between the DMR and NR, and I'll bet by allowing melee to bleedthrough, bullets have to as well.

Well, there's what Bungie set up and then what 343 did to get them working as Megalo hooks.

I would have minded the TU settings a lot less personally if the DMR was 85% while the NR remained 100% and bleedthrough didn't exist. The sword blocking is one of those things that's honestly an either way thing.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that bloom modification and bleedthrough and the sword buff came as a package. I'm HOPING they're all separate flags.

I had an idea that I'm going to repeat for posterity: what they should have done was make all 85% bloom gametypes have a label called BLOOM_AMOUNT. You apply the BLOOM_AMOUNT label to an invisible object (ie, a hill) and then you assign a Spawn Sequence number to it, and if the gametype detects a such-labeled object it overrides the default bloom factor of the gametype. Want 0? set it to 0. 50%? put it at 50. 150%? 150. Negative numbers would just be treated as 0, of course.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm guessing that if we don't see/hear anything new about Halo 4 this week then we won't until mid-January because of the Christmas + New Year's holiday that everyone gets off?

I want my guess to be wrong so badly. :(

daedalius

I see nothing wrong with no codpiece.

They removed the diaper that chief had on his butt with the Reach models; you'd think that giant plate of titanium would be a bit restrictive to movement.

That Guilty Spark Shirt looks nice. How much they want for it? 80MSP? Maybe I should wait a few weeks until HaloWaypoint gives away thousend of them. :/

Flipyap

I see nothing wrong with no codpiece.

They removed the diaper that chief had on his butt with the Reach models; you'd think that giant plate of titanium would be a bit restrictive to movement.
Okay then, how do you feel about titanium pajama butt flaps?

AkwJhl.jpg

I'm indifferent about the analbumcover, just pointing out that there's now a more literal plate stuck to his butt

kylej

Banned
We are that desperate. There must be some Precursor technology in Chief's junk.

That junk is smooth like Frankie's head. Frankie has 7 letters in it. 7. Lockout has seven letters. Lockout confirmed for Halo 4. 4 + 7 is 11. "September 18" is 11 characters.

September 18, 2012 is Halo 4's release date.

TheOddOne

That junk is smooth like Frankie's head. Frankie has 7 letters in it. 7. Lockout has seven letters. Lockout confirmed for Halo 4. 4 + 7 is 11. "September 18" is 11 characters.

September 18, 2012 is Halo 4's release date.
Seems plausible, now post it in the gaming section.

Btw I really want to post Halo 4 in this thread.

daedalius

Okay then, how do you feel about titanium pajama butt flaps?

AkwJhl.jpg

I'm indifferent about the analbumcover, just pointing out that there's now a more literal plate stuck to his butt

/smh

On a more positive note, I got Waypoint working on my phone thanks to Hirednoobs ;)

I don't think I've weighed in on this before, but I would just like to say the Halo 4 design of the Chief is my favourite from any of the games to date.

Mine too, sans the buttplate; at least its not too terribly giant and egregious.

I don't think I've weighed in on this before, but I would just like to say the Halo 4 design of the Chief is my favourite from any of the games to date.

That Guilty Spark Shirt looks nice. How much they want for it? 80MSP? Maybe I should wait a few weeks until HaloWaypoint gives away thousend of them. :/

Wait that weird flying thing from Halo Legends has recently been turned into an avatar item? I actually hope that thing doesnt appear in Halo 4, just didn't seem right. Unless its just part of a cool one off like the Space Combat in Reach.

Reminds me of the things from Star Wars, those things where cool. I just dont see how they fit into the Halo gameplay. Maybe im looking too much into it.

feel

Must say, the Waypoint app for iOS is extremely disappointing.
No access to the Waypoint content, just Challenges & ATLAS? No thank you!
It has stats and game history stuff. ATLAS works as advertised and is kinda cool, but I can't be looking away from the main screen in the middle of a match so it feels like a waste of $5. I'll just look at those $5 as a donation for the fund to get Frankie a better car or something.

Must say, the Waypoint app for iOS is extremely disappointing.
No access to the Waypoint content, just Challenges & ATLAS? No thank you!

Been a good week for new sexy backgrounds. Shall stick with ze awesome water color.

My other critism is that it doesn't seem to be built for iOS, it's basically very similar to the web page.

It's slow, cumbersome and just not very 'app' like.

daedalius

It has stats and game history stuff. ATLAS works as advertised and is kinda cool, but I can't be looking away from the main screen in the middle of a match so it feels like a waste of $5. I'll just look at those $5 as a donation for the fund to get Frankie a better car or something.

I'll be using it to check on the propipe spawn when I am playing BTB; well, when I'm dead anyway.

Woops, should have mentioned that too Letters, indeed it does.
My other critism is that it doesn't seem to be built for iOS, it's basically very similar to the web page.

It's slow, cumbersome and just not very 'app' like.
Also true, but I could live with it if it had the Waypoint content I was interested in.

Schmitty

Gf is getting me CEA for Christmas. Ready for some Halo after a good 2 months of a break. I love those breaks from Halo sometimes. You come back, and it feels new again.

Top Bottom