• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

There's more than one mistake in that list.

Pretty sure they grabbed my job "title" from a Halopedia entry.

Why? Where did you grab it from? :p

I can't hold too much of a grudge with them for the list. It's been a confusing change for me anyway. I keep having to remind myself that Marty is on the other side of the fence now.

HomeImp31.jpg

If you haven't switched back to MySpace yet, join the HaloGAF group on Facebook (quote for the link).

You don't want to miss out on these steamy group chats. Sai can vouch for that.

Karl2177

Good games to everyone I played with. I'm surprised my internet lasted as long as it did into Firefight. It finally died when I hit the credit screen(I'm glad it still rewarded me with credits).

Even on twitter people asked me why I still play Reach. Crap. HaloGAF is going to hate me, but I like this game. I like the Anniversary playlists and I'd like to get my ass kicked in the MLG playlist.

Yep. He switched over.

There's quite a few who like reach on here, Zalin, Hydra, Me, I'm pretty Juices likes the game, Tashii, Wu and than there is one half of the mega lurker twins, Xand.

I'm pretty sure there is more but I have never seen them explicitly say they do.

There's quite a few who like reach on here, Zalin, Hydra, Me, I'm pretty Juices likes the game, Tashii, Wu and than there is one half of the mega lurker twins, Xand.

I'm pretty sure there is more but I have never seen them explicitly say they do.

Hey, I like Reach too! That is, when I'm playing with friends. Alone, it can be pretty bad.

Gui_PT

Would we play this game nearly every day if we didn't like it?

Edit: The answer is no. Sure it depends if you're playing with people you like or not, but if you didn't like the game, you wouldn't still be playing it.

I like Reach, though I think it's a potentially frustrating game by design and it can swing from fun to infuriating in an instant. The TU/Anni updates are for the most part an improvement.

I do think I've enjoyed it less than Halo 3 on the whole, but that has a lot to do with most of my friends abandoning it and my playing it on my own too much.

Striker

Me too, I have more fun playing it than 3 but that doesn't mean some aspects are broken.

A better playlist management would make it even better.
Just think there could be Smashed in a ranked Slayer playlist, or putting Neutral Assault/Multi-Bomb on an asymmetric map in a Ranked Objective playlist, all because they wanted to do an "experiment."

Reach's playlist stuff hasn't been stellar, but it has been miles ahead of what they've done for Halo 3. I guess I just got spoiled by the stuff Ninja 0n Fire did in Halo 2, even without the tools Forge has enabled. I guess in a way it's good they didn't have that stuff, because it could have made maps/gametypes a lot worse or more of a sideshow. Outside the gaffe of the Banshee being left in Ascension Team Rifles, he did a pretty bang up job.

Just think there could be Smashed in a ranked Slayer playlist, or putting Neutral Assault/Multi-Bomb on an asymmetric map in a Ranked Objective playlist, all because they wanted to do an "experiment."

Reach's playlist stuff hasn't been stellar, but it has been miles ahead of what they've done for Halo 3. I guess I just got spoiled by the stuff Ninja 0n Fire did in Halo 2, even without the tools Forge has enabled. I guess in a way it's good they didn't have that stuff, because it could have made maps/gametypes a lot worse or more of a sideshow. Outside the gaffe of the Banshee being left in Ascension Team Rifles, he did a pretty bang up job.

It's not that bad but there are lots of things that just doesn't make sense.

Evade is still there, there are lots of exploits which would have been easily fixed in Forge and Firefight is plagued with retarded gametypes.

Me too, I have more fun playing it than 3 but that doesn't mean some aspects are broken.

A better playlist management would make it even better.

My biggest problem with the game is by far the maps, please just have more/better launch maps for 4.

Whilst I don't mind remakes, they should be kept to a few, I much prefer 'spiritual remakes'.

One of the reasons is, I guess they taint my love/nostalgia that I experienced on them the first time round.

My biggest problem with the game is by far the maps, please just have more/better launch maps for 4.

Whilst I don't mind remakes, they should be kept to a few, I much prefer 'spiritual remakes'.

One of the reasons is, I guess they taint my love/nostalgia that I experienced on them the first time round.

I was all for new maps until reach came out.

They need to include some solid remake maps on the Halo 4 disc so we have good maps guaranteed.

Midship plays every gametype well... just sayin'.

Anyone up for some of the ODST 200K achievements at around noon CST? I'm pretty sure I only have two left and I'm more than willing to help anyone out with any of theirs.

GT: Wahrer Machine

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The players in the Anniversary lists are laughably bad. My K/D has jumped .11 points in two weeks, hah.

Striker

I was all for new maps until reach came out.

They need to include some solid remake maps on the Halo 4 disc so we have good maps guaranteed.

Midship plays every gametype well... just sayin'.
Yeah, I'm for remakes and new ones. But don't throw in remakes if the gameplay is going to drastically change it, for example jetpacks ruining Headlong. It just doesn't fit. On the same side, if you do a remake, don't try to get cute and destroy it like they did for Zanzibar into Last Resort.

So basically, all depends how 343 does the gameplay aspects, whether it'll be like Halo 1/2, use equipment, armor abilities, whatever. It can make or break a remade map. Do it right, like how Bungie revamped Blood Gulch into Coag.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is something I've always wondered, but why do people hate Last Resort so much? I honestly don't remember Zanzibar that well, so I can't really compare the two.

wwm0nkey

This is something I've always wondered, but why do people hate Last Resort so much? I honestly don't remember Zanzibar that well, so I can't really compare the two.

I didnt like the added walkway or the new generator base. Also while Halo 2 and 3 are not massively different gameplay wise the map just didnt have a good feel in Halo 3.

I didnt like the added walkway or the new generator base. Also while Halo 2 and 3 are not massively different gameplay wise the map just didnt have a good feel in Halo 3.

I wasn't a fan of Zanzibar in H2, but i agree LR was worse. BubS and shotguns being everywhere definitely didn't help.

Striker

Shitty things from Last Resort: the gate, the gigantic useless space inside the defensive building, Camp Froman's interior level, Spartan Laser, equipment being everywhere

The Sniper, Sword, and Invis being all neutral in Zanzibar was great. The H2 Rockets and seawall Sniper had some back and forth action in the initial rush which set the tone for 1-flag/1-bomb for Team Skirmish. All the changes from gameplay aspects to the geometry being altered just wasn't my cup of tea.

Top Bottom