• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Not nearly that long. If you're playing solo legendary I'd say 20 hours tops, if you like to explore and kill absolutely everything, 25 tops. But on a lower difficulty anywhere from 13-16 hours. Most levels take no longer than 20-25 minutes to complete.

I'm assuming it's his time through the games, otherwise why would he ask?

Also, 20 hours tops solo legendary? 5 hours per on average? That's impressive.

I'm a seasoned Halo player, and Halo 4 probably took me that length of time on Legendary, can't imagine what it might be like for a newbie.

And I can't imagine Halo 2 on Legendary taking only 5 hours. Not only does that campaign suck to slog through already, but Legendary makes the game slow to a crawl at some parts.

EDIT: Not a speed runner and I really don't care about or look to do any short cuts/glitches, cept maybe a campaign I've already played to death.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Somewhat related, I was playing H4 SWAT CTF and I was the only one to score on my team. We were one capture away from winning and I was 10 steps away from the score drop. Some dickhead betrayed me specifically so he could get the game winning score.

I was also playing H2 classic the other day and there was some dick that was betraying team mates for the sake of betraying them. Wtf is wrong with people?

People are massive assholes for no reason. Just played a CTF match of Ice Fields, filled up a Warthog, and then another teamate chucked a grenade under it and flipped it, spilling me out and the warthog landed on top of me and killed me. He later got it a hog and ran over multiple teammates then quit.

People are massive assholes for no reason. Just played a CTF match of Ice Fields, filled up a Warthog, and then another teamate chucked a grenade under it and flipped it, spilling me out and the warthog landed on top of me and killed me. He later got it a hog and ran over multiple teammates then quit.

Nothing takes me back to 2004 more than that crap. Betrayals and quitters.

CooP-TroN

Banned
I'm assuming it's his time through the games, otherwise why would he ask?

Also, 20 hours tops solo legendary? 5 hours per on average? That's impressive.

I'm a seasoned Halo player, and Halo 4 probably took me that length of time on Legendary, can't imagine what it might be like for a newbie.

And I can't imagine Halo 2 on Legendary taking only 5 hours. Not only does that campaign suck to slog through already, but Legendary makes the game slow to a crawl at some parts.

EDIT: Not a speed runner and I really don't care about or look to do any short cuts/glitches, cept maybe a campaign I've already played to death.

That's where I got my times from. I take all shortcuts, and pretty much rush through everything I can. That's why I said if you explore and kill everything it'll take about 30 hours.

MAX PAYMENT

I feel like GAF Is exaggerating a lot of problems here. I've never had issue with the campaign, and I've seldomly had issue with multiplayer.

Great package in my opinion. I've completed every campaign up to 4, I'm half way through it now. Having a total blast.

I've been loving BTB and 2A playlists.

Edit: For comparison's sake, I had a far worse time with Unity.

That's where I got my times from. I take all shortcuts, and pretty much rush through everything I can. That's why I said if you explore and kill everything it'll take about 30 hours.

For the entire series? I don't think the advice of a speed runner is necessarily helpful to the original poster. Since you probably know the maps so well, and what enemies to shoot, what switches to pull, it makes a huge difference.

For a newb Halo player, but experienced FPS player, I'd say Halo Campaigns are generally more in line with my play times:

On a per game Basis, in my experience:
Normal - 8 hours (Maybe 10-12 for Halo CE)
Heroic - 12-15 hours (I always start with Heroic solo, it just feels like the true Halo experience for me)
Legendary - 18-20+ depending on whether you are going solo or with experienced co-op friends. I wouldn't try this solo unless you want a serious challenge.

I feel like GAF Is exaggerating a lot of problems here. I've never had issue with the campaign, and I've seldomly had issue with multiplayer.

Great package in my opinion. I've completed every campaign up to 4, I'm half way through it now. Having a total blast.

Cool to hear you are having an awesome time. I think overall the issues are exaggerated, but I have first hand experience being on both sides of the working/not working camp.
- At work, I use a different X1, and have had a generally awesome experience with multi lately, but I did have more issues before patches.
- At Home, the game always worked decent online. It got better with the first patch or so, but the last patch actually borked my wait times. It's better with the latest patch, but not quite as good as it was.

So, I'm sure there are some people exaggerating, but I also think the game just legit still doesn't work that great for certain people on here.

For the entire series? I don't think the advice of a speed runner is necessarily helpful to the original poster.

For a newb Halo player, but experienced FPS player, I'd say Halo Campaigns are generally more in line with my play times:

Heroic - 12-15 hours
Legendary - 18-20+ depending on whether you are going solo or with experienced co-op friends.

What the what?

I would say normal is closer to 6-7 (it's basically Easy mode, Bungie said themselves Heroic is the standard) Heroic is more like 8-9, and Legendary should really never ever take you 18 - 20 hours, that's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you figured out how to "game" each Halo on legendary, but there's definitely a way to play each one on Legendary.

What the what?

I would say normal is closer to 6-7 (it's basically Easy mode, Bungie said themselves Heroic is the standard) Heroic is more like 8-9, and Legendary should really never ever take you 18 - 20 hours, that's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you figured out how to "game" each Halo on legendary, but there's definitely a way to play each one on Legendary.

I admittedly never play normal these days, and probably haven't since Halo 2, but I remember Halo 1 being a fairly lengthy game. It was the first Halo I ever played though.

As for the others, Yeah, I remember them all taking me upwards of 10+ hours on heroic. I'm not a speed runner though, I do like to explore and kill everything I can, and take in the sights.

Perhaps we aren't seeing eye to eye due to the lack of the games recording playtimes in the dashboard (from what I remember of the original games)?

I admittedly never play normal these days, and probably haven't since Halo 2, but I remember Halo 1 being a fairly lengthy game. It was the first Halo I ever played though.

As for the others, Yeah, I remember them all taking me upwards of 10+ hours on heroic. I'm not a speed runner though, I do like to explore and kill everything I can, and take in the sights.

Perhaps we aren't seeing eye to eye due to the lack of the games recording playtimes int he dashboard (from what I remember)?

Halo 1 is probably the longest campaign. I'm also not a speed runner and try to do everything my first time through before tackling legendary.

I would stilly say 40 hours for the four campaigns is on the longer side, but most decent FPS players should be able to beat all 4 under 40 hours on Heroic, unless it's literally people's first time in the campaigns ever.

Perhaps we aren't seeing eye to eye due to the lack of the games recording playtimes int he dashboard (from what I remember)?

Halo 4 on Normal took me a good 6 hours or so my first playthrough, and it was definitely the shortest. I think CE took me the longest.

CooP-TroN

Banned
For the entire series? I don't think the advice of a speed runner is necessarily helpful to the original poster. Since you probably know the maps so well, and what enemies to shoot, what switches to pull, it makes a huge difference.

Heroic - 12-15 hours (I always start with Heroic solo, it just feels like the true Halo experience for me)
Legendary - 18-20+ depending on whether you are going solo or with experienced co-op friends. I wouldn't try this solo unless you want a serious challenge.

Well skill plays a big part. 8 hours is what it would take for me on Legendary solo, without abusing glitches or shortcuts. I guess it just comes down to how you play the game and how well.
I'm by no means the greatest of Halo players, but I can breeze through the campaigns with little to no issues. I had a harder time with bioshock infinite on 1999 mode, oddly enough.

Halo 1 is probably the longest campaign. I'm also not a speed runner and try to do everything my first time through before tackling legendary.

I would stilly say 40 hours for the four campaigns is on the longer side, but most decent FPS players should be able to beat all 4 under 40 hours on Heroic, unless it's literally people's first time in the campaigns ever.

I think that's reasonable. If we are advising a first-time Halo player on campaign length, I think around the 40 hour mark, give or take sounds about right. Perhaps less if they just want to get through.

I'm currently at over 5 hours, and have completed 8/15 Halo 2 campaign missions in MCC. I've played Halo 2 a lot, but not for like 10 years. I'm also at about 3+ hours in Halo 4, and have completed 3/10 missions. That's not perfect though, since I've had to redo part of the current mission due to the save issue.

Halo 4 on Normal took me a good 6 hours or so my first playthrough, and it was definitely the shortest. I think CE took me the longest.

That sounds about right. I could see Halo 4 clocking in a bit shorter than the other campaigns.

Well skill plays a big part. 8 hours is what it would take for me on Legendary solo, without abusing glitches or shortcuts. I guess it just comes down to how you play the game and how well.
I'm by no means the greatest of Halo players, but I can breeze through the campaigns with little to no issues. I had a harder time with bioshock infinite on 1999 mode, oddly enough.

From where I sit, it sounds like you aren't giving yourself enough credit man. You are probably better at the game then you think ;). I doubt I could wrap one of the campaigns on Legendary in less than 15 hours, but perhaps I should give it a shot and see what happens.

tmac456

matchmaking is still a fucking joke an my patience is finally running on about empty

stuck on joining session way too fucking often

oh and now one where the map doesn't load.

fuck you 343. fuck. you.

I tried for weeks to get the rrxyyrrx down but was extremely unsuccessful. My legacy southpaw thumbstick layout coulda been some of the issue though.

Trying to consistently learn quad shot is a waste of time IMO.

The frequency in which you'll be able to nail it in-game and be in a situation where you need to use it is close to never.

Better off just perfecting BXB, BXR, or just regular double shot, but even that is very latency dependent.

Are you playing matchmaking solo? If so, the game is still shit, but it's much more manageable shit.

If you're playing the game in a party, it's nearly impossible to consistently connect to games because of the "failed to join session error."

Deception

Are you playing matchmaking solo? If so, the game is still shit, but it's much more manageable shit.

If you're playing the game in a party, it's nearly impossible to consistently connect to games because of the "failed to join session error."
I had the party problems for like first 3 weeks but since the patch like 2 weeks ago I've gotten into games with parties no problem. Maybe a occasionally disconnect but I usually average 4-5 games an hour in parties of 3-4.

DJ Gunner

For my part there is no exaggeration. I try to play nightly, with friends, and while we do get some good customs and MM in, the sheer amount of issues we run into every single night would have thrown us off any other game weeks ago. The latest issue with MM, finding an uneven amount of players and then just sitting for an ETERNITY, is probably the most infuriating of them all. And we still experience dropped party members, unable to connect, and random crashes on the regular.

JayEH

got in 2 games last night. no luck today. sigh.

on top of that my Halo 1 saved got wiped.

I'm not exaggerating in saying I've only got in 2 games this entire week.

Naked Lunch

BTB isnt really working after the patch. Gets stuck on and odd player count way too often and never starts. Matchmaking now just hangs on 13 players and just cant find the last 1 or 3 for whatever reason. The newest patch caused more problems than it fixed for me. Last week I had next to no issues on BTB. :(

343, Im not asking for much, all I want to do is play Halo 1-4 Big Team Battle with my friends - and you wont let us.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does anyone know if the I Would Have Been Your Daddy Skull for Halo 2 works in co-op over Live? I would like to try it out with my friends but I also wanted to make sure that it works in co-op (Live).

Spasm

Does Xbox One allow you to play online without having the latest patch installed?
In my experience, it will go into the game fine, go into MM, and search for a game for forever, obviously not finding any matches. Only MCC does this, every other game prompts for an update when you launch it.

I will go hours on the old version, not even knowing there's an update till I read about it. No prompt. Only a hard reboot of the console gets the prompt to finally show up for me.

Finaj

Frankie just posted this on the Halo OT:

1. We're still fixing MCC. There will be continual updates on big and small items.

2. MCC is finally in a usable state for the vast majority of users. If you're still unable to matchmake, we'd VERY much like to see your gamertag and use it to figure out some weird edge cases.

3. Some of the things that are still wrong with MCC are server side/hopper issues we'll be addressing continually as other tech fixes take effect.

4. The Halo 5 team is not the same team as the MCC team. They are tasked with making
H5. They are not drawing resources from the same pool. Life must go on.

2. MCC is finally in a usable state for the vast majority of users. If you're still unable to matchmake, we'd VERY much like to see your gamertag and use it to figure out some weird edge cases.

Playing fast and lose with the word usable there arent we?

And where would they like people to send them their GTs? This shit shouldnt be on GAF, throw it up on the MCC launch message instead.

RdN

Playing fast and lose with the word usable there arent we?

And where would they like people to send them their GTs? This shit shouldnt be on GAF, throw it up on the MCC launch message instead.

I'd like to know where should I post my GT for it to be reviewed. Since Monday's update I have got into exactly 3 matches. This seems to be the norm for most of users outside the United States.

Leyasu

Banned
Frankie just posted this on the Halo OT:

1. We're still fixing MCC. There will be continual updates on big and small items.

3. Some of the things that are still wrong with MCC are server side/hopper issues we'll be addressing continually as other tech fixes take effect.

4. The Halo 5 team is not the same team as the MCC team. They are tasked with making
H5. They are not drawing resources from the same pool. Life must go on.

When he says server side, I wonder if he means the dedicated servers??

I keep getting the feeling that they are quietly going to forget all about that promised feature.

In my experience, it will go into the game fine, go into MM, and search for a game for forever, obviously not finding any matches. Only MCC does this, every other game prompts for an update when you launch it.

I will go hours on the old version, not even knowing there's an update till I read about it. No prompt. Only a hard reboot of the console gets the prompt to finally show up for me.

Jesus.

I'd like to know where should I post my GT for it to be reviewed. Since Monday's update I have got into exactly 3 matches. This seems to be the norm for most of users outside the United States.

Pretty much the same.

Ditto for people on my Friends list.

If they think its "usable" now then I am guessing the matchmaking is locked down to local region only ATM. So its "usable" if you are in the US for most people. But if you arent in the US and if there arent enough people playing in your area or if you play at off peak hours you are just shit out of luck.

Edit This is just guessing. I assume that MM is working. It could well be the MM is broken.

Caayn

Don't know what black magic I used but I just got in a match. Edit: nvm game match disbanded during the loading screen >.>

Also does anyone else have the problem that MCC keeps returning to the last played game/app on the home screen even after playing mulitple other games? Like it doesn't allow you to get rid of it on the Home screen.

FJ0372

If anyone from 343i is reading this, I am begging you guys to prioritise getting dedicated servers up and running.

There is nothing more frustrating than very obviously losing fights due to host advantage. It is also extremely displeasing to know that (on the rare occasion that I am host) I might be thrashing the other team due to host advantage rather than because I am actually better than them.

It is really, really taking away from the competitiveness for me.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm a U.K. player, and I always get matched with U.S. players. Surely for connection fairness Europeans should be prioritised to be matched with other Europeans? I feel as though lag is particularly bad when connected to Americans.

darthbob

So when do we find out how they're going to make things up to us?

nobody-knows_970x390.jpg

So, I'm trying to play some multiplayer for the first time since basically the week of launch, and matchmaking still seems pretty fucked. Fantastic.

Edit: Eventually got a match in BTB and everyone voted for fucking Halo 4. Oh and there are kids in my game screaming about someone's mom's vagina and blasting some shitty Eminem song over the mic.
Pls kill me.

So, I'm trying to play some multiplayer for the first time since basically the week of launch, and matchmaking still seems pretty fucked. Fantastic.

Edit: Eventually got a match in BTB and everyone voted for fucking Halo 4. Oh and there are kids in my game screaming about someone's mom's vagina and blasting some shitty Eminem song over the mic.
Pls kill me.

Looks like H4 finally got the COD crowd it so desperately wanted. :p

Magwik

Banned
Guys, I thought the game was better. I downloaded my 2gbs of patches yesterday and have tried 3 playlists over the past 20 minutes and can't find a game.
Fuck this game.

Haha, awesome. I always dig it when writers have the ability to look at thier own work with a sense of humor. Plus, what does that lowly grunt know? shit...

Pls kill me.

Ha, looks like you hit the jackpot with that one. I don't think I've even plugged in my mic for this game, and it looks like I'm not missing out. Better team strategies would be godly though.

Guys, I thought the game was better. I downloaded my 2gbs of patches yesterday and have tried 3 playlists over the past 20 minutes and can't find a game.
Fuck this game.

It depends on your luck, at work the game works a ton better for me. At home it's spotty though, I've had some nights since the latest patch where I got into games incredibly quick, but last night it was a crapshoot, so I just quit and played Forza. Hopefully the next patch, I assume the pre-Christmas day patch makes things better for my home system.

Top Bottom