• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Deception

Look, that's nice and all but...Relic? Really? Relic?

I guess they chose the map based on lowest effort necessary because that map is barren. I don't think a single person was asking for that map to be remade. The list of maps people want before relic is a real long one. Might as well have chosen Chiron TL-34.

I appreciate the 1 month XBL and ODST, though.

Yeah i think a lot of people were asking for Relic, Terminal and Waterworks.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So are skulks glitches too?

I wait for Johnson so say please and the skull doesn't appear along the train ride like it should. Fucking hell this game.

JayEH

Voting for maps has to go. This collection is too big for that. I'm fucking tired of playing Ivory Tower and Lockout.

Edit: Finally get into a midship game...3 v 4. THIS GAME.

dwells

I hope they add Forge maps into H2A. Isn't there a full Beaver Creek hidden in there? I love that map and H2A needs it.

Skullface

Voting for maps has to go. This collection is too big for that. I'm fucking tired of playing Ivory Tower and Lockout.

It's strange, I'm finding the most diversity in SWAT. I get a mix of Elongation, Colossus, Lockout, Warlock, Ascension, H2A counterparts for all maps that apply, and at least 4-5 H4 maps. Not to mention I regularly get CTF and Crazy King in addition to Slayer.

People talk a lot of shit about H4 multiplayer, but SWAT is a blast! I've never played vanilla H4 multiplayer for the record.

Get back to your MGS board ;p

iMax

They should do it like Mario Kart 8. Everyone picks a map and a game and one of them gets randomly picked.

Skullface

They should do it like Mario Kart 8. Everyone picks a map and a game and one of them gets randomly picked.

Brilliant.

Edit: They at the very least need to fix how they handle ties in the voting process. Wtf is this "go with the leftmost option" every damn time?

JayEH

image.php

It's strange, I'm finding the most diversity in SWAT. I get a mix of Elongation, Colossus, Lockout, Warlock, Ascension, H2A counterparts for all maps that apply, and at least 4-5 H4 maps. Not to mention I regularly get CTF and Crazy King in addition to Slayer.

People talk a lot of shit about H4 multiplayer, but SWAT is a blast! I've never played vanilla H4 multiplayer for the record.

Get back to your MGS board ;p

I'm enjoying H4 a lot more now. I didn't play the original that much, only 250 games,and never got any of the map packs. So I feel like I never gave it a chance. However, in MCC, it's a lot of fun, especially in BTB where there are no AA. For me personally I'd ranked them:

CE>H2/H2A>H4>H3

I'm not feeling H3 at all anymore, every time it comes up I'm just like bleh.

Skullface

I'm enjoying H4 a lot more now. I didn't play the original that much, only 250 games,and never got any of the map packs. So I feel like I never gave it a chance. However, in MCC, it's a lot of fun, especially in BTB where there are no AA. For me personally I'd ranked them:

CE>H2/H2A>H4>H3

I'm not feeling H3 at all anymore, every time it comes up I'm just like bleh.

I'm the same way when it comes to H3. Something about it just feels off to me.

No matter how many medals I get, the achievement for getting 4,000 medals won't go above 98% complete.

Edit: And there we go, it unlocked

Been playing a lot of H2A! I was going to wait until they reset ranks, but I don't know how long that's going to be, so might as well just jump in. Got to rank 10, and played Ricochet for the first time. It was a lot of fun, nice to play something else rather than TS.

Seriously....am I the only one on Planet Earth who has a constant "Searching for Players..." message at all times for every playlist? I read people are getting into matches and I'm shocked.

I've been sitting here for 30 minutes and nothing has happened. (And I've quit out of the game, restarted the XB1)

Ugh....this game

Sephzilla

Dear 343,

When you add Relic into Halo 2 Anniversary could you please remove Zenith as well? Why did you remake the worst map from Halo 2 and pass up other better maps?

RSB

Banned
Dear 343,

When you add Relic into Halo 2 Anniversary could you please remove Zenith as well? Why did you remake the worst map from Halo 2 and pass up other better maps?
Seriously, having maps like Terminal or Turf, and they pick Ascension. SMH.

blamite

I've been getting games fairly regularly tonight in the majority of playlists I've tried, but they've almost all been horribly laggy, like throw a grenade and it doesn't appear for a hole second levels of lag.

343, dedis when? Should I even hope to one day play a game on a dedicated server, or should I just forget about that dream altogether?

WTF when I try to start up this game, it stays at the initial splash screen and then I get booted to the home menu with an error message that says "this game took too long to start"

Anyone else getting this? I have a physical copy btw

EDIT: This happened 3 times, but then worked on the 4th

PooBone

This might be an obvious question but: Since I've not played MCC on my account yet, will I still be able to purchase ODST for MCC when it releases?

Sephzilla

A relative and I were partied up together and had successful luck the entire night with multiple playlists. Only time we ever got split up onto different teams was a 3 v 3 game due to the other people having guest players. Overall it was a pretty solid experience
and what it should have been like on day one

Foundation would've been better than Zenith.

List of smallish Halo 2 maps that would have been better than Ascension for H2A

-Midship
-Turf
-Foundation
-Backwash
-Ivory Tower
-Beaver Creek
-Elongation

I thought Ascension was popular.

It was, until we had to play it again, and the rose-tinted glasses came off.

I honestly don't remember Ascension even being popular during Halo 2's glory days. There were no nostalgia glasses for me to remove about that map, it was always bad.

List of smallish Halo 2 maps that would have been better than Ascension for H2A

-Midship
-Turf
-Foundation
-Backwash
-Ivory Tower
-Beaver Creek
-Elongation

I honestly don't remember Ascension even being popular during Halo 2's glory days. There were no nostalgia glasses for me to remove about that map, it was always bad.

Fucking seriously. Out of all the messed up things in the MCC, the choice of Ascension continues to baffle. Most other issues could reasonably boil down to getting sucked into crazy/dumb schedule, but in picking Ascension they first had to stare obviously good decisions right in the face.

In Halo 2 it wasn't great by any means (Team Rifles + Banshee pilot grabbed rockets = Gross),but in Reach it was magnificently stupid because without the banshee that side of the map was a completely pointless death trap (not that the Reach Banshee should have been included on any map, ever). H2A marginally improves flow by adding more paths, but it's not enough to salvage the fundamentally awkward layout.

Top Bottom