• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Could not even get 1 good game going tonight. Halo CE was a laggy mess. I wasn't able to reload and even fell thru the floor at one point. Jumped into a Halo 2 playlist. Kept getting a black screen and horrible teleporting lag. H2A was the same thing. Black screen every 2 mins or so, and kept migrating host. I have an above average internet connection speed too, and live in the USA. I can't even believe this.

Edit:
Here's me playing Halo MCC for an hour, having tons of problems the whole time. I cut off before I start playing Halo H2A

http://www.twitch.tv/happehlemons/b/600488473
The only match that works starts at 12:00 and ends at 19:30. After that every round has major problems.

xemumanic

Played for 2 hours straight mixing it up between halo ce, BTB, and Halo 2 CEA and had zero problems except for uneven teams on the last and my games all loaded real quick.

What gives? Am I the only person having any sort of success with this or are the people that are having problems just the loudest?

Same here. It's like I'm living in some alternate universe.

Good to see I'm not alone.

Leyasu

Banned
Smooth sailing on my end, but I can't say the same for lots of other people on my friends list.

I've had loads of good luck with this game it would seem. I've been getting matches since launch.... Over 250 and I didn't play for a week.

Just get the dedicated servers on now ffs.

First Halo:CE playlist game. The other two guys quit immediately because they are getting stomped. And the game doesn't stop and just keeps going.

Marvel

could never
Will boot it up in a bit to see how it's improved. Last week I got quite a few games quickly.

But only in the H2A playlist, anything else and it couldn't find me a game.

E_A_R_T_H

Jumped on last night for the first time in 3 weeks and it was a fucking disaster again. Me and friend are in a party. Go through matchmaking. Dropped into TWO DIFFERENT games. Next game he goes in and I get a Game Over screen...

Did I miss a brief window when it was actually playable?

Leyasu

Banned
Jumped on last night for the first time in 3 weeks and it was a fucking disaster again. Me and friend are in a party. Go through matchmaking. Dropped into TWO DIFFERENT games. Next game he goes in and I get a Game Over screen...

I played swat last night. I got game after game.... All crippled by lap though

E_A_R_T_H

I played swat last night. I got game after game.... All crippled by lap though

I feel like maybe being in a party was causing a lot of the issues. We got dumped out of party chat a couple of times as well. I've played alone and not had it this bad, but every time I party up...

Last day of work in 2014 and hoped to play a lot of Halo over the break in the lead-up to the beta. Here's hoping it improves.

Noobcraft

That happened to my friend and I on Black Ops once lol. I was in a Domination game and he was in a Search and Destroy match. The match was tweaking out so badly it was weird.

Computron

i've been getting matches in several different playlists non stop (maybe one or two hitches where no one would show up untill i restarted the search)

The Halo 1 netcode is real. this game has gotten immensly better.

MysteryM

I'm wondering if 343 are now doing what Microsoft with dashboard updates, i.e. slowed down releasing anything major during this holiday period with a view to ramping up again in January in order to minimise the risk of breaking anything for anyone playing over Christmas.

I was looking through the twitter accounts of stinkes and dan ayoub just to check if there was any news posted and its funny to see that all twitter conversations stop late November. I don't blame them for going dark, but just want more information coming out as to what's planned over the next few weeks.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm wondering if 343 are now doing what Microsoft with dashboard updates, i.e. slowed down releasing anything major during this holiday period with a view to ramping up again in January in order to minimise the risk of breaking anything for anyone playing over Christmas.

I was looking through the twitter accounts of stinkes and dan ayoub just to check if there was any news posted and its funny to see that all twitter conversations stop late November. I don't blame them for going dark, but just want more information coming out as to what's planned over the next few weeks.

What you talking about? they are releasing updates every week at least. We dont have any official statement from 343 exec after Boni Ross' blog post but in terms of updates they are regular and nothing like dashboard updates.

there's a way around it. Just don't save and then resume a level. Finish it first.
This isn't true for Halo 4. I have done this very same thing and it still shows me as beating a level as co-op. The only known workaround is to play the level with scoring turned on. However, I am playing through the Legendary playlist, where I don't have that option. As such, I have to beat the level in the playlist, then go back to Campaign and replay the level with scoring turned on.

Sorry, but I am not dealing with such a thing. The bugs in this game are too countless and too ridiculous that I no longer want to entertain a workaround. I'll come back to MCC when it is fixed, if it is ever fixed. I have no confidence in 343 Studios anymore to manage this game.

EDIT

From Halowaypoint:

Lone Wolf Legend - Some players report that levels completed solo are being registered as co-op if the player quits and resumes the mission later. We are currently investigating issues players have seen with this achievement.

343 are looking into it.

Leyasu

Banned
What you talking about? they are releasing updates every week at least. We dont have any official statement from 343 exec after Boni Ross' blog post but in terms of updates they are regular and nothing like dashboard updates.

I sort of agree, I think he might have been talking about the dedicated servers. For which alot of people are asking for an update on the situation.

MysteryM

Yes I know we get weekly CU's, I meant the amount of content in the CU's seems to be more toned down in the last update. I know that they've fixed CE hit detection (which I agree would take time for them to implement) however a vast majority of us are still waiting for (the more important) dedicated server support to be included of which there seems to be no sign off.

Tawpgun

why? Everyone starts with the same thing. Fight for power weapons.
Are you serious?

Let me preface by saying I think AR/smg starts are terrible regardless of map. It's not a fun or interesting weapon to use because it limits encounters to encounters to close range, doesn't promote precision aiming, and you can't defend yourself adequately.

That being said, at least you are SOMEWHAT viable on smaller maps. But smg/ar starts on a map as big as stonetown or bloodline? That is an exercise in futility. Can defend against any weapon, or vehicle, and you can see someone for ages before you try and open Fire.

It's just really fucking dumb and boring.

Halo should be starting with an interesting, precision based weapon that excels mid range, can handle itself close, and can ping enemies from long range. Then you fight for the power weapons.

Not spawn with a shit weapon whose sole purpose is to be replaced by a BR

Are you serious?

Let me preface by saying I think AR/smg starts are terrible regardless of map. It's not a fun or interesting weapon to use because it limits encounters to encounters to close range, doesn't promote precision aiming, and you can't defend yourself adequately.

That being said, at least you are SOMEWHAT viable on smaller maps. But smg/ar starts on a map as big as stonetown or bloodline? That is an exercise in futility. Can defend against any weapon, or vehicle, and you can see someone for ages before you try and open Fire.

Halo should be starting with an interesting, precision based weapon that excels mid range, can handle itself close, and can ping enemies from long range. Then you fight for the power weapons.

Hear, hear!

I've literally been saying this since Halo 2 came out 10 years ago.

Boston

Are you serious?

Truth bombs! I've been saying this forever. Some people just don't get it.

Chitown B

Are you serious?

I love BR's. And that's why I run for them when I start with an AR. It's muscle memory at this point. I know where every BR is on a map in Halo 3. #AndSoCanYou!

Tawpgun

I love BR's. And that's why I run for them when I start with an AR. It's muscle memory at this point. I know where every BR is on a map in Halo 3. #AndSoCanYou!
So do I for the most part. Doesn't mean a teammate won't pick it up first. Or I'll get br'd down before I get to them. You ever play an smg start lock out or ar start guardian? Have you ever gotten control of the BR and power weapons and just Rekt the other team? I'm talking like 50-7 games. Happens all the time when a team can lock it down and the other team can't fight back.

And even then point still stands, spawning with ars just means everyone is running with their head cut off trying to find a br or better weapon. Why not just start with a good weapon and fight for the POWER weapons.

clav

Have you ever gotten control of the BR and power weapons and just Rekt the other team? I'm talking like 50-7 games. Happens all the time when a team can lock it down and the other team can't fight back.

Replace BR with pistol and that sounds like a classic Halo CE CTF matchup on Hang em' high.

Score twice.

Play TDM until the clock runs out while teasing to score the last flag.

I played a 2v2 game of Halo 1 Team Slayer on Battle Creek last night. It was as awesome as you might expect.

Matchmaking has been lots better for me and I even played my first BTB game since the release!

First Halo:CE playlist game. The other two guys quit immediately because they are getting stomped. And the game doesn't stop and just keeps going.

I started a matchmade game of CE only for me and my team mates to discover after running around a bit that we were completely alone on the map. There never was an enemy team.

How's 3v0 for uneven teams? This isn't even the first time it has happened.

Replace BR with pistol and that sounds like a classic Halo CE CTF matchup on Hang em' high.

Score twice.

Play TDM until the clock runs out while teasing to score the last flag.

So you're the type of player who tries to actively ruin people's experiences and help lower this game's population?

Good job.

clav

I started a matchmade game of CE only for me and my team mates to discover after running around a bit that we were completely alone on the map. There never was an enemy team.

How's 3v0 for uneven teams? This isn't even the first time it has happened.

A few nights ago, I got two killtaculars and then nearly everyone quit, making it a 1v1.

Some players stood still and some ran in the same position.

So you're the type of player who tries to actively ruin people's experiences and help lower this game's population?

Good job.

Flag returned like 10 times.

We gave them chances.

Marvel

could never
Damn it.

Well I did try, got one game of H2A slayer an 1 btb, all of the other tries ended up in the *Game Over* screen before the match loaded.

I give up again for now.

A few nights ago, I got two killtaculars and then nearly everyone quit, making it a 1v1.

Some players stood still and some ran in the same position.

Flag returned like 10 times.

We gave them chances.

You also said you teased the last cap, so you obviously could've won the game easily but wanted to farm kills.

Just saying, it's a dick move.

I have 0 issue with stomping out an entire team, but I try not to go out of my way to actively shit on them longer than needed.

EDIT: Only time I actively do so is if they use bitch combo incessantly and still get stomped, or feel the need to hump my dead body. From that point, I will farm kills til' the end of time.

clav

You also said you teased the last cap, so you obviously could've won the game easily but wanted to farm kills.

Just saying, it's a dick move.

I have 0 issue with stomping out an entire team, but I try not to go out of my way to actively shit on them longer than needed.

EDIT: Only time I actively do so is if they use bitch combo incessantly and still get stomped, or feel the need to hump my dead body. From that point, I will farm kills til' the end of time.
My team scored 2 really quickly, so we just thought they needed a warm up.

When we were about to score the last flag, we decided to see if they could come back.

After 10 minutes later, we decided to end it.

When we were about to score the last flag, we decided to see if they could come back.

So you were actively trying to ruin their time with the game.

C'est la vie I guess.

Chitown B

So do I for the most part. Doesn't mean a teammate won't pick it up first. Or I'll get br'd down before I get to them. You ever play an smg start lock out or ar start guardian? Have you ever gotten control of the BR and power weapons and just Rekt the other team? I'm talking like 50-7 games. Happens all the time when a team can lock it down and the other team can't fight back.

And even then point still stands, spawning with ars just means everyone is running with their head cut off trying to find a br or better weapon. Why not just start with a good weapon and fight for the POWER weapons.

I consider BR's a power weapon. I never use anything else because it's a waste of time. So, fighting for them is not a big deal. But if you don't get to them first, maybe you don't deserve them.

bchamba

I consider BR's a power weapon. I never use anything else because it's a waste of time. So, fighting for them is not a big deal. But if you don't get to them first, maybe you don't deserve them.

If you only use the BR and never go after anything else then either your teammates are controlling the actual power weapons for you or you're a hindrance and are the reason your team loses

RdN

Well.. I still can;t consistently get into games after the latest update.

Today, my matchmaking flow has been the following: Searching > Searching for more players > Player found > Joining session > Connection failed > Searching.. And repeat.

I know the update brought improvements for many, but things on my end ended up getting worse, which is very frustrating.

I've had loads of good luck with this game it would seem. I've been getting matches since launch.... Over 250 and I didn't play for a week.

Just get the dedicated servers on now ffs.

Same with me, I have 279 games played (163 won, 116 lost) and I took approximately 7+ days off while going through Far Cry 4.

Funny, my sister was playing last night and was in a game like this. It was CTF, her team was getting stomped. Enemy team scored 2 really quick and then held off on the last cap. Just started playing around, taunting. Caused most of the team to quit.

I think this was on H2C Coagulation. Was that you? ಠ_ಠ

Septic360

Banned
Irreparable damage has been done with the persisting online problems. It really is a joke and leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. This was supposed to be a celebration of all things halo and yet...all I can associate with this package that was supposed to be this generation's The Orange Box, is failure.

Have a look at this:

bWg2f8p.jpg

Says it all really

Irreparable damage has been done with the persisting online problems. It really is a joke and leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. This was supposed to be a celebration of all things halo and yet...all I can associate with this package that was supposed to be this generation's The Orange Box, is failure.

Have a look at this:

bWg2f8p.jpg

Says it all really

Are those used copies?

RoKKeR

Have a look at this:

bWg2f8p.jpg

Says it all really
Oh yay, anecdotal evidence is always my favorite.e

The fact that MCC isn't in the Top 5 of most played games on Live is more telling than anything.

Top Bottom