• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

^ I would like to know as well, the multiplayer ones are working i think so maybe the single player works

man, these halo 1 maps, never played halo 1 MP since i never had people to play with x wasnt online back then but these maps are really amazing, bungie gods

also the nostalgia keeps coming back as i play more halo 2 and 3 maps :')

So I'm more of a campaign guy, so I've mostly been only doing the campaigns. I think I did one Halo 1 multiplayer match that was a 3v4 match and sucked but that's it.

Besides the rare glitch I got through Halo 1 and Halo 2 no problem. Now I figure what the hell, I'll boot up Halo 3 and finish off the ones I actually played. I'm filming right now and the timer just hit 8 minutes of the loading screen before the game even starts.

Anyone else get this one? Is there a workaround or am I just not gonna get to play Halo 3?

I don't think MC was the 'chosen one' as such. I feel like people take that cutscene too literally. The way I interpreted it was that the Librarian planted 'seeds' that would set humanity along a certain path (like how we went from cavemen to spacefarers. Not Luke Skywalker, culmination of some prophecy bullshit)

And the Prometheans weren't bad. Original Prometheans were an organic Forerunner military controlled by the Didact. When the Flood arrived, the Didact tried to make himself immune to Flood infection. Which failed. His last option was to compose the Prometheans into machines. But even then he didn't have enough of these composed Prometheans to make a difference, so he went to the Halo ring and composed humans.

My explanation is horrible. But it makes sense.

Good post. At first I felt like the story was hilariously bad half way through it, but it's not that bad. I just needed to sit back, pause the game and process it all because it's presented painfully bad.

Fuchsdh

Good post. At first I felt like the story was hilariously bad half way through it, but it's not that bad. I just needed to sit back, pause the game and process it all because it's presented painfully bad.

Halo 4 also made it painfully obvious to me some people cannot parse a story to save their lives. No doubt, there are some serious flaws with Halo 4's story in how it was presented (especially with some critical details only available in terminals), but the inability of people to pick up on some of the pretty blatant things they were presenting is not their fault.

DJ Gunner

Halo 4 also made it painfully obvious to me some people cannot parse a story to save their lives. No doubt, there are some serious flaws with Halo 4's story in how it was presented (especially with some critical details only available in terminals), but the inability of people to pick up on some of the pretty blatant things they were presenting is not their fault.

When the previous entries in the series made it fairly clear (to me, at least) that humans were forerunners, the entire premise of 4 made it immediately a "wtf is going on here?" affair.

Fuchsdh

When the previous entries in the series made it fairly clear (to me, at least) that humans were forerunners, the entire premise of 4 made it immediately a "wtf is going on here?" affair.

While that was pretty clearly Bungie's intention, even Halo 3 was wishy-washy on the subject.

From a storytelling perspective I find 343's approach far more interesting; the idea of the mantle of responsibility for safeguarding the galaxy being contested, or handed down unwillingly, is more interesting to me than "hey we're related... somehow, so don't blow up the universe with this stuff m'kay?"

Omni

Near the end of Halo 3 doesn't Guilty Spark straight up look at Chief and say "You ARE Forerunners"?
But that kinda conflicts with the terminals, no?

Been a while since I've read them because they were essentially retconned anyway. But the Librarian talked about how humanity was special. Meaning at the time of the Forerunner - Flood 300 year war, humans were a different species. Obviously. Haha

I feel like Halo CE had the humans as Forerunners but as Bungie went into the trilogy more they steered further and further away from that idea. /shrugs

Fuchsdh

Been a while since I've read them because they were essentially retconned anyway. But the Librarian talked about how humanity was special. Meaning at the time of the Forerunner - Flood 300 year war, humans were a different species. Obviously. Haha

I feel like Halo CE had the humans as Forerunners but as Bungie went into the trilogy more they steered further and further away from that idea. /shrugs

Yep. The Halo 3 Terminals and supplementary stuff (like the Iris ARG) made it clear that ancient humanity on Earth weren't the Forerunners running around fighting the Flood. I'm guessing the intimation was that maybe we were some forgotten offshoot of the Forerunners that Librarian rediscovered, or something similar.

Sec0nd

I wish they'd implement some sort of new veto system. I really do love the BR games but I'd like the idiotic 3 plot game or oddball game every once in a while.

dwells

Word is that there were multiple issues at the HCS tournament, including full crashes. They had to do hard resets of the consoles as a result, and matches were interrupted. Amazing that Microsoft not only still held a tournament for a broken game, but actively promoted it. It's like they don't have any shame and just don't give a damn.

This game is a goddamn joke.

Chitown B

Word is that there were multiple issues at the HCS tournament, including full crashes. They had to do hard resets of the consoles as a result, and matches were interrupted.

Problem is that the game isn't set up to just use system link - you HAVE to be connected to XBL through the internet to even get a game started.

EYEL1NER

Problem is that the game isn't set up to just use system link - you HAVE to be connected to XBL through the internet to even get a game started.
Well fuck, I didn't know that. Another coworker is here in the country on vacation as well and he also planned on buying an Xbone and MCC. I looked forward to hooking mine and his together when we got over there for system link. Figures that they would have fucked that up too.

It's still taking me ages to find people for BTB(the WHOLE reason I bought the game), and even when it has about eight people in the lobby, it migrates the host and starts over. Out of an hour of searching, I got into one match with lopsided teams. I've had this game since launch, and I've had enough.

Please. I finished the campaigns, and can barely play multiplayer. Somebody convince me to keep this game. The promise of "it'll get better" is a moot point right now.

hey guys, are the achievements for campaign play fixed and working properly? I was waiting until they were to run through them.

I've been pretty lucky in getting them all so far - the only one that's given me issues is completing Halo (level, CE) on par time. Otherwise, I've already beaten 2-4 on par time and gotten achievements accordingly, as well as a couple extras like Feet Firmly Planted.

HTupolev

Bungie employee's reaction to H!=F:
http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive36.pl?read=1070818
(Also, Contact Harvest apparently makes a very strong suggestion that H==F.)

Speculation on how H==F can be narratively effective, including an argument that the terminals actually work better with H==F than H!=f:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1198083

tmac456

Any updates on the next patch being released?

not that i have seen.

Word is that there were multiple issues at the HCS tournament, including full crashes. They had to do hard resets of the consoles as a result, and matches were interrupted. Amazing that Microsoft not only still held a tournament for a broken game, but actively promoted it. It's like they don't have any shame and just don't give a damn.

i was watching the semi final stream today and it crashed in shrine CTF after the one team just went up 1-0. they ended up losing since the rules call for a fresh restart if it crashes

Sephzilla

There is absolutely no way they didn't for see any of this prior to launch. The only way they couldn't have is if they had a level of incompetence I would expect from a first year high school programmer

Lucifon

Forced myself through Halo 1 over the holidays, damn that campaign doesn't hold up well. Finally got to playing 2 Anniversary (I want to play them all in order), and wow I had an absolute blast. Stormed through it in 2 days, just an absolutely fantastic recreation - looks great, audio and cutscene switching is incredible, holds up super well.

Now 3 is already feeling like a bit of a trudge. Looks worse than 2A, and the beam rifle Jackals are already starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Overdoziz

Banned
Forced myself through Halo 1 over the holidays, damn that campaign doesn't hold up well.

Finally got to playing 2 Anniversary, and wow I had an absolute blast.
Finally got to playing 2 Anniversary, and wow I had an absolute blast.

Now 3 is already feeling like a bit of a trudge. the beam rifle Jackals are already starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Forced myself through Halo 1 over the holidays, damn that campaign doesn't hold up well. Finally got to playing 2 Anniversary (I want to play them all in order), and wow I had an absolute blast. Stormed through it in 2 days, just an absolutely fantastic recreation - looks great, audio and cutscene switching is incredible, holds up super well.

Now 3 is already feeling like a bit of a trudge. Looks worse than 2A, and the beam rifle Jackals are already starting to annoy the hell out of me.

There's like 10 of them in the entire Halo 3 campaign. You want to know why?

Because of the utter genocide we had to inflict on them in Halo 2, when Bungie threw them at you in numbers that would humble the Persians at Thermopylae.

Fuchsdh

There's like 10 of them in the entire Halo 3 campaign. You want to know why?

Because of the utter genocide we had to inflict on them in Halo 2, when Bungie threw them at you in numbers that would humble the Persians at Thermopylae.

For whatever reason I only really thought about Jackals on Delta Halo and afterwards, but yeah they're throwing you Sniper Alley on the second damn mission. How that got through testing is beyond me.

I think compared to when I was playing CEA two years ago, I do feel like my enjoyment of CE's missions have decreased, but The Library -> Two Betrayals -> Keyes always felt like a slog; they were missions that really should have been cut by a third or had something more interesting going on in them. But the campaign still beats Halo 2's for me in terms of actual gameplay; nothing like killing the momentum in Halo 2 by switching to an Arbiter Flood level.

MCC finally made really comparing these games a lot easier thanks to the universal control scheme and rapid switch.

Sephzilla

This confuses the living daylights out of me. In my opinion it's Halo 1 that holds up amazingly well where as Halo 2 is the one that becomes a grind and quite frankly becomes a bit of a chore (everything leading up to Regret is great, everything after is ugh). That and the Arbiter missions really murder the momentum of the game.

I also don't understand how Halo 3 beam rifle Jackals can annoy you but you make no mention of the blink-and-you-die RoboCop-tier accurate sniper Jackals in 2?

Chitown B

Well fuck, I didn't know that. Another coworker is here in the country on vacation as well and he also planned on buying an Xbone and MCC. I looked forward to hooking mine and his together when we got over there for system link. Figures that they would have fucked that up too.

Yeah it's bullshit. You basically have to start a custom game and connect to XBL - however, it takes almost no bandwidth, you can do it with a phone. Just needs the token verification. Then it uses the local network for the actual game traffic.

No patches for this still since the last?

Whats the amount of time the stuff they promised becomes too little? Like if matchmaking still isn't working by feb (not entirely unlikely!) then wtf you owe your fans more than odst and a map i think.

Mdot

Playing a little last night and one of the guys in our party kept causing us to get the "One or more of your party members isn't ready" message thing. As soon as he'd leave, matchmaking would start up without issues. Any idea how to fix this or is it just a game issue that (hopefully) will be addressed in future patches?

RdN

Two weeks without a patch, even with the great number of players outside the US telling 343i that things are still really, really bad.

With TMCC and now Halo 5, it think it's finally safe to say that Microosft strategy, where only the US matters, has finally rubbed off on it's games. If the game works on US, it's great.

No matter how many people from Europe, Australia, Brazil, etc, etc complain that they can't get into games, that they are experiencing game braking lag, that it's just NOT FUN to play, as long the US population is largely fine, everything is fine.

Two weeks without a patch, even with the great number of players outside the US telling 343i that things are still really, really bad.

With TMCC and now Halo 5, it think it's finally safe to say that Microosft strategy, where only the US matters, has finally rubbed off on it's games. If the game works on US, it's great.

No matter how many people from Europe, Australia, Brazil, etc, etc complain that they can't get into games, that they are experiencing game braking lag, that it's just NOT FUN to play, as long the US population is largely fine, everything is fine.

Sadly, it does not even work in the US.

I know the holidays happened but it's been 2 weeks since we've heard anything about MCC, getting a little worried

Yeah we were told that the MCC team is separate from the H5 team and that they were working through the holidays with a new update coming soon.

Except that ever since H5B the MCC progress has gone dead silent with zero updates, while H5 is still getting full attention. 2 full weeks of nothing.

I'm fine if people want to take breaks for the holidays but be honest about it. Everyone should be back to work today after the holidays so I'm expecting some words tomorrow. 343 should be running around like their asses are on fire serving the players like royalty after this shit, but I don't see that happening. All I see is the general manager going MIA and the franchise director avoiding gaming side like the plague. Only guy I see trying to keep people happy is Andy but he doesn't have the power to actually say anything noteworthy.

Sadly, it does not even work in the US.

Yeah as bad as this game still is in the US I feel terrible for international players.

Naked Lunch

Playing a little last night and one of the guys in our party kept causing us to get the "One or more of your party members isn't ready" message thing. As soon as he'd leave, matchmaking would start up without issues. Any idea how to fix this or is it just a game issue that (hopefully) will be addressed in future patches?

When playing with friends at the end of the match - no one should hit b to return to the menu. You all have to sit there and wait for someone to get the message "friends added to the game". Then only that person should hit b and choose the next playlist. The game basically switches the party leader at random post matches - and if anyone backs out that isnt the leader it messes everything up. Its a horrible bug introduced in the newest patch.

When playing with friends at the end of the match - no one should hit b to return to the menu. You all have to sit there and wait for someone to get the message "friends added to the game". Then only that person should hit b and choose the next playlist. The game basically switches the party leader at random post matches - and if anyone backs out that isnt the leader it messes everything up. Its a horrible bug introduced in the newest patch.

The rubik's cube that is the MCC. Move one thing into place and another aspect goes awry. That particular bug can be circumvented by finding out the party lead among you and having them send invites to the rest that are immediately accepted. Means you don't have to wait the 3 or so minutes it takes for the uploading stats message to pass.

mbmonk

I am getting really frustrated with the H2A ranked playlist. I am not a great player only level 10 but I keep getting pared up with lvl 1 players. Sadly these players are level 1 for two major reasons. 1 is they quit during a game or two they suck.

So I just had a match were two teammates quit, and I am faced with a really crappy decision.

1) Quit because it's 2 v 4 and they control all the power weapons ,etc. Really not fun to play when the other team has 20+ kills before they get to 50 and win. So I have to get crapped on for like 3 - 5 minutes since the other team only has 2 players to kill to get to 50. But if I quit I go down in rank, and it make me even more likely to get matched with level 1 quitters.

2) Take the extended beating, but still go down in rank because I lost. And thus once again increase my chances of getting matched up with more quitters, but just to a lesser degree.

Not to mention the match making itself isn't helping. I just go thrown into a match and here was the player ranks.

Red team:
Me - 10 and my other teammates were ranked 5, 1, and 1.

Blue team:
13, 13, 19, and 10.

If they stack the teams against me of course I am likely to lose and thus again be more inclined to be matched with level 1's.

I just want to get away from the quitters. I want to get matched with players like 5 and above maybe. I am just sick of being put in shitty situations where if I stay in the game it's not fun, and if I back out I am more likely to be in more shitty situations.

Sorry. I am just a bit frustrated right now. :-/

I am not a big Join in Progress fan, but if it keeps me out of shitty situations like the above I might support it.

Yeah we were told that the MCC team is separate from the H5 team and that they were working through the holidays with a new update coming soon.

Except that ever since H5B the MCC progress has gone dead silent with zero updates, while H5 is still getting full attention. 2 full weeks of nothing.

I'm fine if people want to take breaks for the holidays but be honest about it. Everyone should be back to work today after the holidays so I'm expecting some words tomorrow. 343 should be running around like their asses are on fire serving the players like royalty after this shit, but I don't see that happening. All I see is the general manager going MIA and the franchise director avoiding gaming side like the plague. Only guy I see trying to keep people happy is Andy but he doesn't have the power to actually say anything noteworthy.

Yeah as bad as this game still is in the US I feel terrible for international players.

Hopefully they're using Halo 5 as a distraction to create and test a substantial update. There's only so much you can fix and test when you put out a patch on a near weekly basis. Also, the lower population thanks to Halo 5 might make it difficult to tell if there are any improvements to matchmaking.

I'd guess the Halo 5 Beta ends and another MCC patch goes live at almost the same time. Hopefully with the performance and single player/co-op fixes as well as matchmaking.

Ghazi

Wasn't there a rumor that TMCC team was doing a major rewrite of the game's systems because the game functions on the XBO OS which isn't working too great right now? Swore I read that somewhere. Anyways, I picked up the game again a week ago so if anyone wants to play, hit me up.

Top Bottom