• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

First time trying MCC, but got into two Halo 1 games fairly quick. Was really run. Getting into a halo 2 game now, well waiting for 3 more players. (Anniversary rumble)

HTupolev

First time trying MCC, but got into two Halo 1 games fairly quick. Was really run. Getting into a halo 2 game now, well waiting for 3 more players. (Anniversary rumble)
As long as you're solo, the MM system usually works well enough that you can deal with its shenanigans; even if it locks up on a 9/8 or something you can just back out and restart.

Parties are where it gets messy. A couple days ago I had a pretty awful session when trying to play with 2 others, we had a run of a few consecutive games with relatively few hitches, then it all went to hell. Our party started breaking up constantly and we couldn't do much of anything together.

Crossposting from HaloGAF:

After a lengthy break following the MCC's release (explained in the podcast and the description), Reclaimer Radio: Episode 4 is out!

RR4: Legendary Limited Bad Kid Edition mostly covers impressions with Week One of the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta with Adrian (Ghazi), Austin (Mix), Ian (zoojoo) and Adrian (Subzy).

EYEL1NER

I played 5 BTB matches so far on my first hour of the game, having fun :D
I was playing last night and BTB seemed to be working better for me than it had last week. The first search doesn't work so I let that run for a couple minutes, cancel, then jump in again and it will find some people. I played a couple matches, tried a H5 beta match, and then went back to BTB. I just wish there were more playlists so I could have one where I could play just H3 BTB matches at times...

Sec0nd

Just bought an Xbone so I could play MCC because I'm not right in the head. Currently installing. What's that thing nex to H4? Multiplayer?

As long as you're solo, the MM system usually works well enough that you can deal with its shenanigans; even if it locks up on a 9/8 or something you can just back out and restart.

Parties are where it gets messy. A couple days ago I had a pretty awful session when trying to play with 2 others, we had a run of a few consecutive games with relatively few hitches, then it all went to hell. Our party started breaking up constantly and we couldn't do much of anything together.

Does this apply to 2 local players playing online together?

Overdoziz

Banned
ma5b_10.jpg

Grenade launcher attachment hype!

haha that brought back memories, in the desert halo 3 map with the huge moving base, i used to always bring it to the base and insta capture each flag, my team just did it B^)

Mine01

I got it yesterday and played like 5 games, not a single problem.

I didnt know you leave the lobby each time a game ends, thats quite stupid lol. Have it always been like this on mcc? or is it something to make matchmaking kinda faster to get in?.

mbmonk

Crossposting from HaloGAF:

After a lengthy break following the MCC's release (explained in the podcast and the description), Reclaimer Radio: Episode 4 is out!

RR4: Legendary Limited Bad Kid Edition mostly covers impressions with Week One of the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta with Adrian (Ghazi), Austin (Mix), Ian (zoojoo) and Adrian (Subzy).

If I might make a suggestion, please post a link to the episode or show page next time. I had to google it to find the episode. Not a big deal.

Mix

Apologies then. When I was on my phone when I clicked the image it treated it as a image & not a link. It just showed me the picture in a window of it's own.

Thank you for clearing that up for me
Yup, I figured this was the issue. Next time we'll make sure it's not as difficult to find.

MM is working pretty well for me now.

BTB still takes a few minutes to find a game but it's not too bad.

My biggest problem now is getting matched up against people well above my skill level.

My k/d is right at 1.0 and I'm getting matched up against people with k/d ratios of 2.0 and higher. :/

I know I'm not great at this game but man it's really frustrating getting destroyed over and over again.

I'm guessing this is because the mp population is mostly the hardcore players now and the more casual players gave up due to the issues.

Cavalier

Banned
Is it safe to get this game now or should I wait it out GAF? Is there a working dedicated Halo 1 playlist up?? That's all I care about!

Looks like the game is working fairly well solo. If someone cant find a game, it's due to the lack of players than MM system at this point.

Is it safe to get this game now or should I wait it out GAF? Is there a working dedicated Halo 1 playlist up?? That's all I care about!

Looks like the game is working fairly well solo. If someone cant find a game, it's due to the lack of players than MM system at this point.
There is a dedicated H1 playlist. It's awesome.

If you are in the US its more or less working now I guess. Outside of it you might as well toss a coin.

I havent been able to find a single game in any playlist in the last 3 weeks with an open NAT. Honestly I have just given up now.

Toa TAK

Banned
If you are in the US its more or less working now I guess. Outside of it you might as well toss a coin.

I havent been able to find a single game in any playlist in the last 3 weeks with an open NAT. Honestly I have just given up now.

Also, while matchmaking works fine for me solo, anytime I try to party up with any of my friends we can never find a match or we run into issues.

Take it as you will.

Edit: Are they ever going to fix the Hunter encounter on "Regret"?

BTails

Tried to play for the first time in abot a week today: didn't connect in 5 min on Team Slayer playlist. Switched to Halo 3, got a full lobby within 2, and we voted 1-Flag CTF, alright!

...Then I was booted to the Game Over screen. No match for me. Done with Halo MCC for another week. Played a round of H5 Beta, then turned my Xbox off.

pacman85

I tried to play this game for the first time in a while with my cousin on his XBox One a few days ago. Every game that tried to load up Halo 3 crashed on the loading screen and sent us directly to the postgame lobby with no stats. It didn't matter whether it was in the Halo 3 dedicated playlist or in the Team Slayer playlist. Very frustrating. So, we moved over to Big Team Battle. 5 minutes pass.....no match.....10 minutes pass......no match. So yeah Big Team Battle didn't work either. The only games we ever got in were some Halo 2 classic which were the only ones to really work okay and Halo 2 Anniversary games. I don't know if it was our connection or the H2A game/engine itself but it seemed like it was lagging pretty bad. It is hard to describe but everything seemed behind.

I am the biggest Halo fanboy there is (along with my cousin) and all we wanted to do was play some Halo, relive some awesome memories of when we were younger and we couldn't. I know it's just a game but some awesome times were had with us playing this around the holidays. Thanks 343 for saying we could re-create this and then only delivering about 25% of this promise.
/rant

JoeDanny

I live in the central US. The game is still fundamentally broken.

Is there a problem with the soundmix of Halo 3? Had a game where the audio was coming from all over the place.

halo 3s sound design has always been the weakest in the series to me.... ironic when its my favorite campaign.
H2:A amazingly redone sound design just further embarrasses it.

HTupolev

If you are in the US its more or less working now I guess.
As someone living in the US pacific northwest, no.

Relatively speaking, it's astronomically improved over how it was at launch, but if we choose to have standards higher than "it makes for a half-decent coaster", it's still got plenty of serious issues. The last session I played with friends did see a few consecutive games with only relatively minor* annoyances... and then MCC decided that it aggressively did not want our party to exist, and we weren't able to play another game together that evening. And outside of the party and MM infrastructure, there are still a number of major problems that haven't been dealt with (i.e. Halo 3 forge gametype selection not working).

*"Minor" as in "not bad enough to make us quit for the day." Weird teams, MM system locking up with "9/8 players", the usual.

halo 3s sound design has always been the weakest in the series to me....
Whether or not you like Halo 3's audio, MCC doesn't port it very well. There's some missing filtering, the core mix is different, and the directionality wasn't done correctly.

As someone living in the US pacific northwest, no.

Relatively speaking, it's astronomically improved over how it was at launch, but if we choose to have standards higher than "it makes for a half-decent coaster", it's still got plenty of serious issues. The last session I played with friends did see a few consecutive games with only relatively minor* annoyances... and then MCC decided that it aggressively did not want our party to exist, and we weren't able to play another game together that evening. And outside of the party and MM infrastructure, there are still a number of major problems that haven't been dealt with (i.e. Halo 3 forge gametype selection not working).

*"Minor" as in "not bad enough to make us quit for the day." Weird teams, MM system locking up with "9/8 players", the usual.

Whether or not you like Halo 3's audio, MCC doesn't port it very well. There's some missing filtering, the core mix is different, and the directionality wasn't done correctly.

Def agree that the mix itself is fubar too.... but, they still havent even fixed the broken saves in H2 :/

Top Bottom