• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Chitown B

So I just had a match were two teammates quit, and I am faced with a really crappy decision.

1) Quit because it's 2 v 4 and they control all the power weapons ,etc. Really not fun to play when the other team has 20+ kills before they get to 50 and win. So I have to get crapped on for like 3 - 5 minutes since the other team only has 2 players to kill to get to 50. But if I quit I go down in rank, and it make me even more likely to get matched with level 1 quitters.

2) Take the extended beating, but still go down in rank because I lost. And thus once again increase my chances of getting matched up with more quitters, but just to a lesser degree.

You have just described the problem with all Halo ranking. Especially H5 Beta right now.

Cow

Yeah, what is going on here? What day this week is the next patch? And will it even fix anything? 343 have been completely silent regarding MCC. They have told us what compensation we are getting, but come on, fix the game first!

dwells

At this point I think it might be time for a community-signed open letter to Microsoft corporate. That's really the only next step I can think of that could possibly have any effect.

Ok so far tonight I've been searching in BTB, and here's my results so far.

1st match get Slayer on Headlong. Only 2 people left on the other team at the end, was a 7v7. 2nd match was on Coagulation, and everyone on the other team quit 2 minutes in, was 6v6. 3rd match was on Daybreak, game actually went till the end, 7v7.

Next up was Bloodline, but the game threw me back to the lobby while it was loading. The last match I got Coagulation again. But this time while up by 20 the game just ended. No one had quit at that point.

This is still a bug riddled mess. Hopefully the next patch can eliminate all of the big problems that are still present in this pile of hot shit.

Well, I waited a day and nobody could give me a solid reason to keep it. Not that I was entitled to anybody answering; I just find it hilarious that it's more likely that there are no redeeming qualities for the game. Going to go sell this game under the guise of "Legendary multiplayer experiences", because it damn well worked for Microsoft.

I mean, seriously? It crashed at an e-sports tournament. How much more validity does the general public need in order to see how broken this package is? But then again, these topics have been beaten to death. Good luck, guys; I'm out of this circus.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hopefully they're using Halo 5 as a distraction to create and test a substantial update. There's only so much you can fix and test when you put out a patch on a near weekly basis. Also, the lower population thanks to Halo 5 might make it difficult to tell if there are any improvements to matchmaking.

I'd guess the Halo 5 Beta ends and another MCC patch goes live at almost the same time. Hopefully with the performance and single player/co-op fixes as well as matchmaking.

I hoping it's this too as I don't like Halo 5 at all, so hopefully they fix this collection.

Sephzilla

And 343i knows that.

The timing of this BETA couldn't have been more perfect for them. Took every attention from the ridiculous state that TMCC is in.

The MCC is fucking depressing for me right now. The current state of the game is going to murder the player population and by the time things are fully working, people will say its not worth it and just wait until Halo 5.

I just want real Halo back, guys.

Chitown B

The MCC is fucking depressing for me right now. The current state of the game is going to murder the player population and by the time things are fully working, people will say its not worth it and just wait until Halo 5.

it's not a new game anyway. People want to play it regardless. It's all old games, and a new game coming out isn't going to make people say "oh now I don't want to play this because it's last year's game" - no, it's 13 years of games.

Yep unfortunately I believe this to be true. 343/MS pretty well fucked classic Halo and I think the window for a huge active player base is basically closed. It's very sad to see such potential so violently crushed.

All the biggest purchasing milestones are already gone. It missed launch. It missed Black Friday. It missed Christmas. It's currently missing after-Christmas gift card spending and 343 has gone MIA.
Many of those that actually bought it are returning it or already have. By the next big spending period, the game will be a year old and Halo 5 will be releasing so people will get that instead even if the MCC is working. Not everyone has the money to get both just because.

But even if the greatest windows of opportunity are gone I will not let up on 343 for a second. No giving up. They took my money so I expect a working game.

dwells

it's not a new game anyway. People want to play it regardless. It's all old games, and a new game coming out isn't going to make people say "oh now I don't want to play this because it's last year's game" - no, it's 13 years of games.
For a lot of people, it was new games. This was probably a lot of people's first real taste of Halo, and it was horribly soured. I'm willing to bet a large potential population was lost due to this game's disastrous state.

There's also a lot of people like myself who were die hard Halo fans and excited for this game, but have been losing interest due to a lack of faith that it'll ever be properly fixed. One of my former teammates was expecting to make his return to competitive Halo with this title and has given up entirely on Halo. Another one of my teammates is still playing somewhat, but has abandoned the idea of playing competitively again.

With tournaments crashing and only nine or ten months until the release of Halo 5, it's highly unlikely that H2C is going to return to the pro circuit, let alone establish any foothold there. So what was supposed to be the rebirth of competitive Halo (and the reason I bought the game and an Xbox One) will instead, in a best case scenario, be six months of ranked Team Hardcore pubstomping until the game's small population abandons it for Halo 5 and whatever else comes out.

W.S.

The games are all going to work well eventually since it's MS's main franchise but it's definitely deteriorating it's fan base as well as the Halo name in general which is a real shame.

Personally I'm more of a campaign/lore guy and play a bit of multiplayer or coop with some friends when the opportunity arises. Multiplayer's never been a main draw for me with regards to Halo though so I'm of the few who don't really care as much about that particular area.

Yep unfortunately I believe this to be true. 343/MS pretty well fucked classic Halo and I think the window for a huge active player base is basically closed. It's very sad to see such potential so violently crushed.

All the biggest purchasing milestones are already gone. It missed launch. It missed Black Friday. It missed Christmas. It's currently missing after-Christmas gift card spending and 343 has gone MIA.
Many of those that actually bought it are returning it or already have. By the next big spending period, the game will be a year old and Halo 5 will be releasing so people will get that instead even if the MCC is working. Not everyone has the money to get both just because.

But even if the greatest windows of opportunity are gone I will not let up on 343 for a second. No giving up. They took my money so I expect a working game.

I know articles have been written about broken games, and about Halo. But I really want a big outlet to write a scathing open letter to 343i and MS about what they did with the MCC. I've read a few, and yeah, they damn the product, but none have really captured the anger, frustration and disappointment that diehard fans have.

I want something where even a casual or non-fan can read it and go "WOW, FUCK 343i and MS"

I agree something big has to be done. This is unacceptable.

Everyone's back from the holidays and we still haven't heard shit from 343 about the status of this game.

Chitown B

For a lot of people, it was new games. This was probably a lot of people's first real taste of Halo, and it was horribly soured. I'm willing to bet a large potential population was lost due to this game's disastrous state.

There's also a lot of people like myself who were die hard Halo fans and excited for this game, but have been losing interest due to a lack of faith that it'll ever be properly fixed. One of my former teammates was expecting to make his return to competitive Halo with this title and has given up entirely on Halo. Another one of my teammates is still playing somewhat, but has abandoned the idea of playing competitively again.

With tournaments crashing and only nine or ten months until the release of Halo 5, it's highly unlikely that H2C is going to return to the pro circuit, let alone establish any foothold there. So what was supposed to be the rebirth of competitive Halo (and the reason I bought the game and an Xbox One) will instead, in a best case scenario, be six months of ranked Team Hardcore pubstomping until the game's small population abandons it for Halo 5 and whatever else comes out.

People actually thought there were really going to be H2 tournaments in MLG again? I mean, come on.... This is a collection of old games for nostalgia. That's enough.

"one or more players are not ready to start"

This right here is why me and my group of friends have gone back to playing minecraft.

cant even search for a darn game together.

New Update

11/11/2014
1.6 5:30PM Update

As we had mentioned before the holidays, the team continues to work on upcoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection updates to improve the existing experience and add new content. We’ve continued this work through the holidays, and have multiple content updates in the works. Our next content update, which will address UI and a variety of other areas, is currently on track for delivery next week. We will provide additional info regarding the exact ETA and final details of the upcoming content update once the certification process is completed.

Additionally, this Thursday, we’ll be updating MCC to include new achievements for Spartan Ops, as well as some additional ones for multiplayer. These will become available this Thursday, 1/8.

Improving your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection remains our top priority, and we thank you for your continued feedback and reports on community forums and elsewhere as we prioritize updates for each CU. We will continue to provide the latest information via this thread.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

Ghazi

Hope the updates resolve the issue, it's insane that no one has actually explained what the problem is. Surely they have identified the main problem by now...

Figured they would be giving an update today now that everyone is back in the office after the holidays and has had a day to write/get approval. "We continued to work through the holidays but for completely unrelated reasons went totally MIA during those holidays and this update that sounds less substantial than ever took...the most time of all of them...because reasons."

While I'm always glad to see actual words from them I'm again worried that they specifically highlight UI issues for the update next week. Thats like #24 on peoples list of shit that needs fixing right this second. I continue to be worried that MP has them stumped.
Have they managed to fill those networking positions yet?

Oh well I'm just glad they're talking to me. At least I know I'm not forgotten.

pacman85

I'm definitely in the "I will believe it when I see it for myself" camp as far as these updates actually fixing things go. I have been disappointed too many times trying to play this game. No more will I even get my hopes up. It's a shame they still won't have the update done this week. I mean if they really worked over the holidays this is week 3 since the last update so next week will be 1 month since the last update. I sure hope in this month a lot of the different issues have been identified, and fixed. Like, someone else said, if they wanted to take these weeks off fine, just be real about it.

mbmonk

Ui 343?

Can we a get an halo 4 playlist since we are 2 MONTHS post release?

I am just going to get pissed the more I think about this game and how 343 and MS are handling this....

darthbob

Guessing we'll be getting 500 more Gamerscore worth of Achievements to bring the total up to 5000. Probably take all of the SpOps related cheevs from H4 and some new MP ones.

RdN

UI? Who the fuck cares about the UI?

THE GAME IS ALMOST UNPLAYABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL USERS!

Come the fuck on, 343i. You can't be this incompetent.

gunner13

Neo Member
Ui 343?

Can we a get an halo 4 playlist since we are 2 MONTHS post release?

It is CRAZY to think we are literally just about to be 2 months since launch and the newest game of the bunch that was "built to run" closest to specs used now (halo 4) vs. Halo CE from 13 years ago doesn't have a playlist yet?!?!?!

I keep checking this thread about once a week hoping to hear good news so that I can give Microsoft $ for this game. It's starting to look like that may never happen.....

RdN

"Multiple content updates"

Next week is just the first one.

Wait, let me get this straight: you're defending 343i?

You're defending the company that released a game that is completely broken, and remains mostly broken 2 months after it's release?

You say that wait? I've been waiting for 2 months. I want the game I paid for to work.

UI changes are not what I want to see. What I want is to not have to wait 30 minutes to get into a match. Not to have a endure completely lagged matches when I finally get into one. Not have the match ending in the middle when I, by some miracle, am having a match that's playable.

Two months, two months of this bullshit.

And you tell me to wait? Give me a break.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Wait, let me get this straight: you're defending 343i?

You're defending the company that released a game that is completely broken, and remains mostly broken 2 months after it's release?

You say that wait? I've been waiting for 2 months. I want the game I paid for to work.

UI changes are not what I want to see. What I want is to not have to wait 30 minutes to get into a match. Not to have a endure completely lagged matches when I finally get into one. Not have the match ending in the middle when I, by some miracle, am having a match that's playable.

Two months, two months of this bullshit.

And you tell me to wait? Give me a break.
Calm down bro. He just pointed out that it's not the only one they're working on.

And 343i didn't release the game in its broken state, it's Microsoft. They're the ones you should blame.

Calm down bro. He just pointed out that it's not the only one they're working on.

And 343i didn't release the game in its broken state, it's Microsoft. They're the ones you should blame.

Link me to a source on that. Show me any official statement anywhere saying what you guys keep repeating. Show me where 343 requested more time but microsoft made them.

nbnt

Link me to a source on that. Show me any official statement anywhere saying what you guys keep repeating. Show me where 343 didnt want to release but microsoft made them.
You will never see a source telling you this for obvious reasons.. But it's common sense, bro. No one in the world wouldn't have foreseen the issues with this collection. Why would 343i tell MS it's ready to be released? 343i literally wouldn't gain anything from doing that. It's simple, MS needed/wanted it for this holiday, so they said fuck it, release it now and fix the rest later. MS = the publisher = they get the final say in this, not 343i in any way.

You will never see a source telling you this for obvious reasons.. But it's common sense, bro. No one in the world wouldn't have foreseen the issues with this collection. Why would 343i tell MS it's ready to be released? 343i literally wouldn't gain anything from doing that. It's simple, MS needed/wanted it for this holiday, so they said fuck it, release it now and fix the rest later. MS = the publisher = they get the final say in this, not 343i in any way.

Assumptions. A story you made up. I'm not saying we should all blame 343 and not Microsoft, I'm saying you should stop spreading BS like truth. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes. Zero. There could have been a myriad of reasons with faults on both sides.

Until someone actually gets some facts, 343 and Microsoft will be equally sharing my disdain. 343 was in charge of making this pile of shit, Microsoft published it, and it's 343's responsibility to fix it. Those are the facts. Most importantly, 343 is the one tasked with handling complaints and so they're the ones who will get mine.

nbnt

Assumptions. A story you made up. I'm not saying we should all blame 343 and not Microsoft, I'm saying you should stop spreading BS like truth. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes. Zero. There could have been a myriad of reasons with faults on both sides.

Until someone actually gets some facts, 343 and Microsoft will be equally sharing my disdain. 343 made this pile of shit, Microsoft published it, and it's 343's responsibility to fix it. Those are the facts.
Dude, I never said it's a fact, but that's simply how deadlines set by publishers work. Another example would be AC:Unity, you think the teams that worked on that game didn't see the myriad of glitches it suffered from?.. I just can't possibly blame a developer in this situation. A game needs more time in the oven, a publisher decides to release the game as is; all the blame should be on the publisher.

Denouncer

Neo Member

This! It doesn't work at all in South Africa. I thought it was just us, but it seems most supposedly supported regions outside of the US/UK are experiencing major issues like us. And when I say "major issues", I don't mean long waits and game disconnections, I mean matchmaking flat out does not work at all. There isn't a single person here that can find a game in matchmaking, let alone attempt to join and play one. It's like the region is being blocked. 2 months and no feedback from local Microsoft reps or 343i that they're even looking into it. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Literally unplayable. Cant find one single game. Am also not in the EU/US. Guess our money isnt as good as theirs.

But at least the UI wont be glitchy when I am looking at the MM screen. Thank god. XD

mbmonk

i think I am going to finish the campaigns for H2 and maybe H1 and then probably shelve the game for a long time.

I think I might move over the BF4 or COD:AW as my MP game. I could really use a party in order to rank up in H2A and get away from the quitters, but matchmaking with parties doesn't work.... so... yea... 343...

Sephzilla

I know articles have been written about broken games, and about Halo. But I really want a big outlet to write a scathing open letter to 343i and MS about what they did with the MCC. I've read a few, and yeah, they damn the product, but none have really captured the anger, frustration and disappointment that diehard fans have.

I want something where even a casual or non-fan can read it and go "WOW, FUCK 343i and MS"

I'd like to see this as well. I legitimately believe 343 when they say they're working their asses off to get everything fixed and that the genuinely feel bad that this happened, but at the same time I want to see a major site or two rake 343 and Microsoft over the coals for Master Chief Collection because this straight up should have never happened, and I think Halo's reputation is irreparably damaged now. And porting ODST, remaking Relic, and giving a BP "we're sorry" won't heal the Godzilla sized wound that this collection's reputation has.

The closest I could do to an open letter is write something and post on my blog over on Destructoid and hope it gets promoted to the front page, but that's about it.

On that note, this might just be me, but I don't feel like ODST + Relic is enough. Honestly I'd openly sacrifice ODST if we could get 6 more Halo 2 Anniversary maps. Halo 2 Anniversary having so few maps (one of which is a remake of the worst Halo 2 map) because the actual gameplay if H2A is pretty much the definitive Halo experience in my opinion. I find it superior to Halo 5

mbmonk

On that note, this might just be me, but I don't feel like ODST + Relic is enough. Honestly I'd openly sacrifice ODST if we could get 6 more Halo 2 Anniversary maps. Halo 2 Anniversary having so few maps (one of which is a remake of the worst Halo 2 map) because the actual gameplay if H2A is pretty much the definitive Halo experience in my opinion. I find it superior to Halo 5

I would prefer ODST to more maps only because I think there is a better chance of the single player port to work and be playable.

More maps for a game with broken party system, missing playlists, and undelivered ranked playlists.. Yea give me the single player and if they fix the game then I might pay for maps.. Doubt it though. Honestly the thought of giving ms and 343 more money for this game makes me want to vomit.

I agree I find h2a gameplay the most interesting and would be my go to multi game if it worked.

dwells

They break the silence with a patch for achievements? Seriously? Then next week's patch is just UI issues without addressing the massive other game-breaking issues (games ending early, uneven teams, matchmaking not working, lag/dedicated servers, ranking system, hit registration).

More faceless updates and being told to look forward to upcoming fixes. Pardon me if I'm a little sick of that line after two months and change and the game is still a disaster not even worth playing.

Still no real updates to engage the community; Frankie's twitter is dead, Dan Ayoub has been silent since two days after launch, nothing from Phil Spencer or Microsoft, etc.

Could they be doing any worse of a job handling this?

Welfare

Unless the UI update includes a population counter they can just stop wasting our time and release a more substantial update.

Computer

Spent about 3 hours trying to play Halo with a few friends lastnight. The first two hours was spent quitting the build, hard resting, trying to find a game and keep a party together in the MCC. Only to be able to find one game. A team slayer 5v6 on shrine with horrible lag no less. This forced us to play H5. Witch was another hour of quitting the build, excuse us, matchmaking aborted, and hard resets. With the MCC a complete hot mess and Halo 5 a glorified game of peek-a-boo Halo has never been a more sad sight to see. I was going to get a team together to practice for the HCS online tournaments but the game wont even fucking work for me to do so.

Sephzilla

I'll be naive and say that maybe the next update will have more substantial things besides just a UI update. But that sure as hell wouldn't have been the first thing I highlighted when announcing the first post-holidays upcoming patch.

mbmonk

Guys the game tested fine. 343 and MS thought the game was ready to ship. They couldn't have foreseen the problems.

... According to the PR campaign at least.

The fact the even try to float that bs to gamers is insulting.

See my anger bubbles to the surface... I need to let it go.

Top Bottom