• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

So every time I leave the game running and turn off the console in instant on mode, coming back to it leads to a variety of strange scenarios which usually require a reboot before I can play again.
I've had that happen before, plenty of times.

It has been like that since launch, well, before they temporarily removed SWAT. If I were to guess, it may be because the BR in Halo 3 isn't hitscan like in Halo 2 Classic, Anniversary, and Halo 4.

Seems like the most likely explanation.

Also, 343i said they're working to add Halo 3 in a future update, so either way it's not permanent.

I feel you, I've lost my campaign progress twice, I'll give it one more try once it's stable but it's not even fun. You die stupid fast.

Having completed all the games up to Halo4 so far on Heroic, Halo 2 felt REALLY unbalanced with combat becoming an utter chore in the latter half of the game.

VERY uneven game and yeah, I wished i'd honestly hadn't beaten it on Heroic for my first go as I almost ended up hating the game too.

MrGerbils

I am still completely unable to find matches.

I feel like I ask this every patch, but all you guys who are playing, are you waiting longer than 5 min to find a match?

Still not sure if I'm just unlucky or what.

Striker

Yeah, I don't know what games these people are watching/playing, but 4v4 Wizard/Warlock/Warlord plays fine.
CTF, Assault and Oddball also play on it a million times better than Slayer.

Though I dont know what spawn changes were made in the Vista version. Warlord has forge spawns which has always felt weaker for some reason.

sam777

I feel like I ask this every patch, but all you guys who are playing, are you waiting longer than 5 min to find a match?

I wait about 2-3 minutes if nothing happens, I back out and start another search.

clav

Restart the console through power settings. The game's cache needs to be cleared every once in a while.

At least they're even... Unless some dude gets mad and quits because of map choice.

A lot of 1v3/4 matchups
due to quitters.

Halo 3 multiplayer sucks when that happens, so I don't like Halo 3.

MrGerbils

I wait about 2-3 minutes if nothing happens, I back out and start another search.

How many times of waiting 3 minutes does it usually take on average to find a game? I just did that 5 times (after a hard reset of the system), trying different modes, and still didn't get anything.

Just a few retries like that really start adding up. I don't have 20 minutes to kill every time I just wanna play a match or two.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Played around 15 SWAT games today. All of them Halo 4. Well I love Halo 4 SWAT very much but wtf, no one is voting for Halo 2/A SWAT lol. I wanna play that now

gossi

How many times of waiting 3 minutes does it usually take on average to find a game? I just did that 5 times (after a hard reset of the system), trying different modes, and still didn't get anything.

Just a few retries like that really start adding up. I don't have 20 minutes to kill every time I just wanna play a match or two.

I tried H2A with my partner last night, it took us 7 minutes to find a H2A match (first playlist on offer). It's better than at launch but still unacceptable. If you have a life, it is too long to wait.

Playing legendary on halo 2 has made me hate the game. Its ridiculous

I used Naked Eli's youtube speedrun guides to get through the campaigns on Legendary. Lotsa good tips in there even if you aren't going for time.. despawns etc that can make it easier.

Havoc2049

Played around 15 SWAT games today. All of them Halo 4. Well I love Halo 4 SWAT very much but wtf, no one is voting for Halo 2/A SWAT lol. I wanna play that now

Run with a group who enjoys Halo 2. I played around 10 or so SWAT matches yesterday with a group of four friends and about half the games were on H2 and H2A maps. Ivory Tower SWAT....sooo fun.

It's funny, how all the Halo 4 haters always comment about how they love the Halo 4 DMR after using it in the MCC and how solid and good it feels to shoot. While Halo 4 has gameplay design and map design issues, the gunplay is top notch. Non-Infinity Halo 4 is rock solid classic Halo, IMO.

I'm starting to have some fun with MCC. Keep at it 343!

Sai

Just played a 6v3 game of Slayer BR on Zenith. I was on the 6-man team, but I still felt bad for the others. :(

Defyler

Seeing the halo bulletin and all the baloney in halo 5 is infuriating when they haven't fixed mcc's matchmaking, playlists, or dedicated servers yet

Liamc723

I've just been playing through the arbiter levels on H2A and MAN does the frame rate take a nose dive. Anyone else experienced this?

The new trend for me is 3v5. Thanks a lot 343, this has got one of the simplest solutions ever and they can't fix it.

I can forgive this in non ranked lists but not ranked!

I don't know what makes me more upset:

The fact 343 decided that I can't save theater clips to my hard drive

or

Trying to use the shitty 5 minute capture on the DVR and pray that the timing is right.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by double tapping share on PS4.

bonus rage: If I select DVR via snap and have it "start", the timer starts but when I go back to stop it it's back at "Start clip, end clip, view clips"

picking end clip just asks me how much from the past 30 sec - 5min I want to record instead of ending the clip I just started.

and if I use the theater recording feature and try to save the clip to the DVR it never saves.

Omni

Having completed all the games up to Halo4 so far on Heroic, Halo 2 felt REALLY unbalanced with combat becoming an utter chore in the latter half of the game.

VERY uneven game and yeah, I wished i'd honestly hadn't beaten it on Heroic for my first go as I almost ended up hating the game too.

If you think Halo 2 is not fun, wait until you play Halo 4. It's awful

RowdyReverb

Also has there been an explanation as to why there is no Halo 3 in SWAT?

I'm sure it has something to do with recreating the game types in an MCC-compatible manner, and the same goes for all "why isn't X map/gametype in Halo X in MCC?"
As much as I like H3 though, it would be awkward to switch between the hitscan BR of H2C, H2A, and H4 to the projectile BR of H3 in a SWAT playlist. It's one thing in TS or BTB in which you can miss a couple shots and get accustomed, but you don't really have time for that in SWAT combat scenarios.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ok what's with the 3v3 all of the sudden. Just played about 8 matches and every one started 3v3. It finds six people and immediately starts to form teams without even giving it a chance to find another two. It wasn't like this a few days ago.

Pez

This game is still such a joke. The party system is still busted along with group chat. Got split up from my party and stuck with the epitome of scum on Xbox live.

Thanks for fucking up what should have been a good thing, 343. Just terrible.

So I come back this weekend to find MCC on the dashboard as queued and 50%.
I manage to resume the download and now all the main menu icons are some rainbow pix elated mess and is saying halo 2 is at 13% install progress.

Is there anything I can do to actually play this game or should I just come back in another couple weeks?

Callidrad

Neo Member
If anyone wants to play some matchmaking and enjoys Team Objectiv gametypes, send me a friend request/message on Live; I and my group of friends are always looking for more people to game with. Team Slayer BR really isn't our cup of tea, but we still enjoy good competition.

Top Bottom