• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Sai

Halo 4 campaign is WAY better than 2.
I strongly disagree, even 2 has the better story, and hell, boss fights.
Halo 4 didn't have a multitude of one-hit kill snipers. That automatically makes it better than Halo 2's Campaign, despite them both being so linear.

At least when you encountered enemies with Beam Rifles and Binary Rifles, the former didn't kill you instantly with one shot, and the latter weren't all that common. There were far less scenarios in which I had to "game" my way through; that's the term coined for that, right? :p

Ledhead

Man, I can't believe this game is still messed up for a ton of people. Has it been more than a month? Hope they get this fixed soon for those who are still having issues

Man, I can't believe this game is still messed up for a ton of people. Has it been more than a month? Hope they get this fixed soon for those who are still having issues

Yep. The game has been out now for over a month. Six patches and the game still can't still do math properly.

Mix

Dat feeling when you get 25 kills out of the 50 kills in CE all to your self, and win.

such feel, much good.

So Halo.

wow.

On a more serious note, ajoozoo and I were playing CE the other day and I got like 32 of the 50 we had and won. I think he had like 4. Get shit on scrubs.

HTupolev

So, a lot of people were saying that the recent patching helped a lot?

That session was better than some I've seen, I guess. MM still sometimes failed to find people in reasonable time, party was regularly split up after games (and once when we were just hanging out in the menu), we had trouble getting a custom game to start (we could seemingly only load the map if we were in 1-person games), it was sometimes hard to bring the party back together...

Game seems to still be in pretty bad condition, even before talking about the various little in-game issues.

Tawpgun

Team slayer was voted over team br's and the gsme booted everyone back to searching.

That's not a bug my friends, that's a feature.

Then I had to endure SMG starts on shrine. Ewwww. Fuckin Bungie said smg starts were a mistake. Least 343 coulda done is fix them on anny maps

HTupolev

Team slayer was voted over team br's and the gsme booted everyone back to searching.

That's not a bug my friends, that's a feature.

Then I had to endure SMG starts on shrine. Ewwww. Fuckin Bungie said smg starts were a mistake. Least 343 coulda done is fix them on anny maps
Seriously, what is up with this? It's not quite as bad in Halo 3 where they used the AR instead, but the default Halo 2 game settings are awful.

H2A you'd think they would have at least used the AR. Otherwise why did they bother including it?

Baffling.

psychotron

I want to see SP improvements. Halo 3 checkpoints not saving either. I'm loving how solid the frame rate is in Halo 3 though.

dwells

Well my rank just got reset to a 1 in the only ranked playlist. That's fantastic.

Meanwhile, the rest of the game is still broken at well. At least they're using the twitter account to keep us posted. Wait, no, they're pimping the "Championship Series" for a game that's still broken.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
This is on sale for $44.99 at Best Buy this week. Worth it despite the bugs and multiplayer issues? It's likely either this or Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition for $25.

dwells

This is on sale for $44.99 at Best Buy this week. Worth it despite the bugs and multiplayer issues? It's likely either this or Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition for $25.
No. Wait until the game is fixed (if ever) to purchase. By the time that happens, it'll likely be at bargain bin pricing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

If you have to ask the answer is no.

I just wanted to jump on here and say that this game is a damn disgrace and I'm amazed that this still runs like a piece of shit. Finally got some friends to try and play and none of us could join up for a party. What the fuck are these guys doing?

iMax

I just wanted to jump on here and say that this game is a damn disgrace and I'm amazed that this still runs like a piece of shit. Finally got some friends to try and play and none of us could join up for a party. What the fuck are these guys doing?

Same exact problem I'm having. I'd love 343 to at least address why this might be happening, even if they can't fix it immediately.

eshwaaz

I want to see SP improvements. Halo 3 checkpoints not saving either. I'm loving how solid the frame rate is in Halo 3 though.
I was really hoping I'd be able to play through the campaigns issue-free by Christmas when I'll be getting the game. That's looking less and less likely with every passing day.

dwells

Same exact problem I'm having. I'd love 343 to at least address why this might be happening, even if they can't fix it immediately.
I can't believe how silent they're being. It really seems like they don't care and the game will never be fixed. It's been a damn month and it's still turning six person games into 4v2 matches. It's amazing to me that that can even happen.

dwells

Plasma rifle start is the worst thing I've played in my long life of gaming.

"Hey guys, it's been ten years of learning and observing Halo 2 and we now have every map and gametype at our disposal, plus two new ones - what maps and gametypes should we pick?"

"How about Plasma Rifle starts on Midship?

"Brilliant! But how about for variety, we add in some SMG starts on Foundation as well?"

"Genius, add those to the rotation and ship whatever build you have lying around as gold!"

... this conversation may have actually happened.

Same issue here tonight, friends just couldn't party up. Fucking piece of shit game

.la1n

Well my rank just got reset to a 1 in the only ranked playlist. That's fantastic.

Just a heads up for the future as I know not everyone keeps up with every piece of news but the official statement is that during the process to get the game where they want it ranks will be getting reset, possibly multiple times.

Best not to worry about your rank for now.

Kssio_Aug

I came back to it today, but for the campaing. Still very sad that they yet did not fix the progress issue with Halo 2, and I havent checked, but I believe they have not fixed the Halo 4 "fake co-op" issue either, am I right?

My "unlocking..." achievements were all unlocked though, so maybe they have fixed the achievements issues?

Well, honestly, at this point what I really want is that they fix all the SP issues. Then, I could say I'm ready to finish the 4 campaings, have a good ammount of fun playing it in co-op and then feel that Halo 5 will be worthy it, to play both campaing in co-op or its PvP mode.

But come on... they're taking too long. I ask myself if I should have expectations that they will fix those SP issues.

rhinosmitty

Neo Member
Came here to see if I was the only one having this issue. We kept joing each other's parties and then would be booted out after 10 seconds of being in the lobby. This is getting really painful.

Halo 4 and Halo 2 are tied for worst Halo campaigns if we're talking outright playability, imo.

Anniversary did give Halo 2 some much-needed orchestration / visual coats of paint, though.

Halo 4 and Halo 2 are tied for worst Halo campaigns if we're talking outright playability, imo.

Anniversary did give Halo 2 some much-needed orchestration / visual coats of paint, though.

Halo 4 is fine, Halo 2 has way too many cheap encounters that straight out encourages players to abuse. Especially on higher difficulties where enemies become unrealistic bullet sponges and much much more aggressive.

Top Bottom