• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 |OT| Warranty For Suckers

RdN

God dammit, I got to Wave 24 on Firefight Blitz and the CPU ganked me with thousands of flying Forerunner units.

I had Zone B and C captured, each with 2 of those Covenant anti air units (don't recall the name) and a lot of troops...

They were destroyed in a matter of seconds.. So frustrating.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I doubt they are shooting for a T rating specifically considering it has no actual effect on sales.

If anything higher rating = more sales because
its cool

Also Flood is MvP enemies, gief
flood-infection-o.gif

m23

I never really appreciated the lfg feature on the Xbox until now. Finding some cool people to play with when friends aren't online.

m23

They probably have a higher skill than randos too :D

There is skill level but a bigger thing for me is communication. If someone doesn't have a mic, it hurts the games for me a lot more. You lose a great amount of teamwork and also it's usually more fun talking while playing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
There is skill level but a bigger thing for me is communication. If someone doesn't have a mic, it hurts the games for me a lot more. You lose a great amount of teamwork and also it's usually more fun talking while playing.

True true.
Com is key, especially in team versus.

Every time I load up HW2 it tell me to install Sgt Forge even though I've had him since day 1. This is getting so annoying I've tried deleting it and re-installing it but it won't stop!!

Every time I load up HW2 it tell me to install Sgt Forge even though I've had him since day 1. This is getting so annoying I've tried deleting it and re-installing it but it won't stop!!

That's their MOTD, so it has nothing to do with actually owning the content. It is annoying though.

Werd

Played 5 games. Two of them my entire group and apparently the other team as well got disconnected as both sides got a loss. A third I got frozen and eventually disconnected while my teammates stayed in and easily won since we were destroying their bases, but I get another L.
Pretty disgusting, the patch needs to arrive yesterday.

edit: Now only logging on to do daily challenges until it's fixed and I'm up to 5 personal disconnections in 12 games, plus teammates either disconnecting or quitting immediately in two others.

Caayn

First Blitz match of the day. Got matched with a guy four times my level, and twice as high as the highest level person in my team. Needless to say, we got stomped. His units where such a high level that our units barely scratched them, we didn't stood a chance.

Edit: Just got to wave 52 in Firefight.
knipselqmuoh.png

Fuchsdh

First Blitz match of the day. Got matched with a guy four times my level, and twice as high as the highest level person in my team. Needless to say, we got stomped. His units where such a high level that our units barely scratched them, we didn't stood a chance.

knipselqmuoh.png

Yeah FF is actually fairly straightforward, insofar that I hope the new Blitz maps we get mix things up a bit. Parking my siege units on the ridge between B&C and just calling in more Forge warthogs was enough to get me to level 35 solo for the achievement without losing any more than a handful of units.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

knipselqmuoh.png
That sounds like an awful mechanic for an RTS.

Iberian

Save game that totally locks the Xbox. Tested it twice. Pretty impressive the state in which they released this thing.
Also, played a couple of 2x2 blitz. Lost both; my teammates didn't do anything: did not collect energy, did not spawn units, did not move or tried to capture bases. What's the deal?

Caayn

That sounds like an awful mechanic for an RTS.
It is. It's a neat idea, but it removes tactics from the playfield. I feel for players who picked the game up after launch, don't grind challenges everyday or don't pay for packs, only to be slaughtered.

Luckily it's only one mode that's effected by it.

Iberian

It is. It's a neat idea, but it removes tactics from the playfield. I feel for players who picked the game up after launch, don't grind challenges everyday or don't pay for packs, only to be slaughtered.

Problem is that a big chunk of the resources had to be dedicated to create the game mode, cards, etc. It looks like they wanted cards somewhere, and didn't really now how or why.

Btw, very little movement in this threads. This thing doesn't look too popular. Wonder about the sales.

And this is why such pay 2 win modes shouldnt be okey in a 60 bucks aaa game. Doesnt matter if i "dont have to play it"... they wasted resources on that garbage. No wonder that the game is so bad and worse than Halo Wars 1.

Ade

And this is why such pay 2 win modes shouldnt be okey in a 60 bucks aaa game. Doesnt matter if i "dont have to play it"... they wasted resources on that garbage. No wonder that the game is so bad and worse than Halo Wars 1.

I fail to see where anyone paid to win here.

Ade

I know you are probably ironic, but in in case you are not: you buy card packs, level up your units, proceed to crunch those who don't pay. It's a littl sad, I know.

But in the example the opposition was high levelled, implying he played a lot and grinded out better cards. A scenario which wouldn't be altered without any pay to win options

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hi there,

Yeah, its digital, I did search the store but it says buy :/

The other version says owned but cant install it. Grey button.

Click your icon top right on the store > library > games and there should be a list with everything connected to your account

B3N1

When's patch?

Now I'm certain, that popping off a leader power without enough vision in the area can just disable it in Blitz, but the energy is spent. Isabel's Ghost in the Machine in Skrimish is weird too. Took over 4 Grizzlies with it and lost control of them in about 5 seconds. Pretty much useless.

Fuchsdh

So has anyone found success with radical Blitz strats? Because mostly it seems like the key to winning is parking a shitton of siege units between B & C and just holding that. Using hero Condors and the like can break that position but it seems like there's no real point to holding A—even if more energy spawns over that way you'll always be behind in points.

Hoping the next Blitz map they release switches up strategies.

Gestault

Yeah, I have zero interest in any mode structured that way. The card/unit levels make sense for a PvE setup like Firefight, but I can't imagine why this would be desirable for PvP.

Anyone having issues downloading the original halo wars on pc? It says I own it but I can't get it to download.

Anion

Ugh. Ander's Sentiles need to be nerfed. Even if you have an army of wolverines, the population count for sentiles can put them in a strong advantage. Also they need to be slower lol

And that is my only complaint lol. I was testing out whether I was that bad or whether they are that OP lol. I have concluded they are a force not to be reckoned with.

Anon67

Ugh. Ander's Sentiles need to be nerfed. Even if you have an army of wolverines, the population count for sentiles can put them in a strong advantage. Also they need to be slower lol

And that is my only complaint lol. I was testing out whether I was that bad or whether they are that OP lol. I have concluded they are a force not to be reckoned with.

I'm trying to think of ways to counter Sentinels but I just can't. I've tried wolverines and marines but those don't work at all since the sentinels can just move away from my army so fast.

And holy shoot that passive ability where Anders can spawn small sentinels using siege turrets and kodiaks. That's just OP beyond belief.

I feel like I've only lost by Jackrabbit rushes and sentinel spamming because I just can't see a way to counter them.

m23

I'm trying to think of ways to counter Sentinels but I just can't. I've tried wolverines and marines but those don't work at all since the sentinels can just move away from my army so fast.

And holy shoot that passive ability where Anders can spawn small sentinels using siege turrets and kodiaks. That's just OP beyond belief.

I feel like I've only lost by Jackrabbit rushes and sentinel spamming because I just can't see a way to counter them.

At least Jackrabbits are getting a bit of a nerf so that'll help with those rushes. I have yet to experience a sentinel rush though..if wolverines can't handle that, what will?

Fuchsdh

At least Jackrabbits are getting a bit of a nerf so that'll help with those rushes. I have yet to experience a sentinel rush though..if wolverines can't handle that, what will?

The Wolverines can handle it fine, the issue is as he said there's no mobile counter like Vampires in the previous games to punish them, so they can pop in and out and harass you. Honestly the only real way to deal with them is take pressure to another base and wreck the Sentinel players base or allies faster than he can do anything to yours, or else cause him to commit to an attack he's going to lose.

m23

The Wolverines can handle it fine, the issue is as he said there's no mobile counter like Vampires in the previous games to punish them, so they can pop in and out and harass you. Honestly the only real way to deal with them is take pressure to another base and wreck the Sentinel players base or allies faster than he can do anything to yours, or else cause him to commit to an attack he's going to lose.

I see. Maybe one of the new units coming through dlc will address the absence of the vampires...

Or just a nerf to sentinels.

Top Bottom