• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

clav

Raide said:
Seems so. So we can boot MP without the Reach disc in ?
Considering MS gave away Reach for free earlier this year, I'm sure they don't mind as long as you buy Halo Anniversary.

Phatcorns

Just watched the behind the scenes with the pistol. It looks like the same firing rate as in Reach. Three shot kills with a gun that fast? That will be insanity. I hope I'm just wrong.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so psyched about Installation 04, the new Firefight map. It's gonna be a blast. I'm curious to see how the enemies will focus their attention between the human players and the AI marines...

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
I spent most of the Q&A facepalming.

You aren't alone. There were a couple of genuinely good questions but some of these you should know if you remotely have read up about the game one damn bit.

wwm0nkey said:
Halo 2 Anniversary question lol

I actually would really want to play a "new and improved" (unlike what they did with AE) version of Halo 2's campaign complete with a satisfactory ending so I'm kind of glad someone brought it up. And based on their ambiguous response I would bet that there's probably a really good chance of that happening.

blamite

That was a fun panel and all...

But I feel like it would have been a little better had all the big news not come out half an hour earlier. :lol

Pennybags

PooBone said:
I'm watching these youtube links on my iphone so it's hard to tell. Can anyone look at that Installation 04 firefight clip and tell me if the marines are Reach Army Troopers or updated Halo 1 Marines?

ODST

Nobody asked about the frame rate. He did mention they fixed a couple bugs but nothing worth mentioning, I'd assume fixing the frame rate would be worth mentioning.

xxxstylzxxx said:
I actually really want to play a "new and improved" (unlike what they did with AE) version of Halo 2's campaign complete with a satisfactory ending so I'm kind of glad someone brought it up. And based on their ambiguous response I would bet that there's probably a really good chance of that happening.
The ending is completely satisfactory to me now that Halo 3 is out. MC goes out like a badass: "Sir, finishing this fight."

feel

So the only part I managed to watch smoothly was a bunch of dumb questions I couldn't even hear.. fml

I hope cyclone and dani get me up to date soon, I feel completely lost.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Letters said:
So the only part I managed to watch smoothly was a bunch of dumb questions I couldn't even hear.. fml

I hope cyclone and dani get me up to date soon, I feel completely lost.

I'll add the news from each panel in the news area and the schedule area under each panel. Someone shoot me some linkage for panel news.

daedalius

thezerofire said:
only if you manage to hit all the shots, and you'll be moving around a lot faster

Have they said they'll be increasing player speed/lowering inertia for quicker strafes?

Halo CE pistol wasn't hitscan though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

And that white board isn't a confirmation, Monkey. If you're gonna say it's "confirmed", you have to give a big disclaimer or at least cite your source right away.

Blinding

Probably one of the minorities here in this regard, but I wish someone had asked about weapon lowering over Live, something a giant chunk of the Halo machinima community has been asking for since it was removed from Halo 3.

Blinding said:
Probably one of the minorities here in this regard, but I wish someone had asked about weapon lowering over Live, something a giant chunk of the Halo machinima community has been asking for since it was removed from Halo 3.

When was it ever in Halo 3?

KageMaru

Yay Halofest!

23w9s89.gif

wwm0nkey said:
Youtube version of the behind The Scenes video

This video made me excited to play Halo again.

Thank you sir, appreciate all the youtube vids for those stuck at work. =)

PooBone

forward unto dawn is DOWN.

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Are the marines in Firefight Halo 1 marines or Reach marines?
Is Headlong confirmed?

Bread

Banned
Blinding said:
Halo machinima lol

Raide

PooBone said:
forward unto dawn is DOWN.

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Are the marines in Firefight Halo 1 marines or Reach marines?
Is Headlong confirmed?

They are A.I ODST's
Written on some blurry whiteboard.

Syphon Filter said:
Wait,are these new halo maps only for anniversary or will they be map packs for reach too?

Maps can be copied to HDD so they work in Reach.

Top Bottom