• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

If this thread has taught me anything it's that microsoft really cares about Halo. It's great to see a publisher treating it's property correctly unlike the other "HD re-makes" that've been created this gen.

squidhands said:
By leaps and bounds the worst looking Chief armor so far. Good lord, please revisit this before it's too late 343. :-(
I hope during the Halo 4 Q&A (assuming there is a Q&A session), someone asks 343 if they're willing to look at MC's armor again.

squidhands said:
By leaps and bounds the worst looking Chief armor so far. Good lord, please revisit this before it's too late 343. :-(

agreed, they should use the halo-wars cgi model as the base for Cheif imo. Those guys look like walking tanks.

senador

Banned
Letters said:
Just watched the CEA mp behind the scenes... the maps look insane!!!

Hating the focus on improved Reach instead of Classic though... It's starting to seem to me that even on the Anniversary disc, Reach 2.0 will be the main focus in the playlist selection menu while Classic will be just a low populated playlist at the bottom of the menu unnoticed by most :/

But we'll also have real maps and more settings to make it more classic feeling. The Classic playlist we have now just isn't it.

I wonder if some Reach disc maps will be in the classic playlists? I wouldn't mind playing some of them with the new settings.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
I hope during the Halo 4 Q&A (assuming there is a Q&A session), someone asks 343 if they're willing to look at MC's armor again.

Again, we are basing this all off of some kind of statue or something, let's see it in motion first in game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow, the new Chief single player model looks great! Good job to Saber for hitting it perfectly. I got giddy watching that cutscene.

Vire

One thing that concerns me about this whole thing is that this whole CE/Reach split is rather confusing even for Halo fans so I can't imagine the typical mainstream Halo consumer trying to wrap their heads around the differences between the two. Especially with the title update introducing Classic gameplay into Reach...

Hopefully they will make the most important changes more abundantly clear in the future.

Vire said:
Prisoner Walkthrough is now on Youtube for our friends who can't watch on IGN's Crappy servers.

Prisoner

Looks glorious!

Many nights were spent playing this map.

I never played Halo PC so Timberland looks sublime to me as well.

I'll be living in the CE Classic playlist! Especially if they add Blood Gulch, Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, and Ascension to the map rotation as well. =)

blamite

Sai-kun said:
Hm, when did they start having the Monitor's eye not be marathon logo-shaped?
I think it's always been like that, although I don't remember really noticing it until Halo 3. Seems 343's abandoning the Marathon design though, probably since Bungie trademarked the Marathon logo recently.

edit: whoops, misread a little. You get the idea, though. >.>

I just hope we get a playlist with these new changes minus AA's like jetpack and so on as I see it ruining most of these maps like it already has to the game now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Syphon Filter said:
lol that is a real life statue or guy dude.
Yeah, I'm talking about the cutscene in the single player walkthrough, not the show floor warthog.

blamite

PsychoRaven said:
Yup. So some things had to obviously change. I'm ok with redesigns based on that.
Now if they had to redesign Halo's control room, that's when it's going overboard. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
blamite said:
I think it's always been like that, although I don't remember really noticing it until Halo 3. Seems 343's abandoning the Marathon design though, probably since Bungie trademarked the Marathon logo recently.

edit: whoops, misread a little. You get the idea, though. >.>

Wow. I just checked Reach, and it is definitely not Marathon logo-shaped. I knew it was from 1-3, but I thought it was in Reach as well. Guess it's not a new thing, then.

PooBone

Well I just heard the CEA AR from the Guilty Spark video..... ehhhhh, not really impressed like I was with the others, the thing sounds like it's rate of fire is half what it's actually shooting.

I'd actually take the CEA chief model over 4's right now. That's also probably because the original helmet is still my favorite and I love both 3 and Reach's rendition of it.

Vire

koshunter said:
I'd actually take the CEA chief model over 4's right now. That's also probably because the original helmet is still my favorite and I love both 3 and Reach's rendition of it.
Uhh no. Besides the proportions being horribly off. (What's with the tiny arms?) Did the modeler not take anatomy or figure drawing? The visor itself also looks like crap.

I'd wait till you see in game renders of Chief in 4 before making a decision.

koshunter said:
Yup. And there's nothing wrong with the size of MC's arms in that video as far as I can tell.

Vire said:
Uhh no. Besides the proportions being horribly off. (What's with the tiny arms?) Did the modeler not take anatomy or figure drawing? The visor itself also looks like crap.

I'd wait till you see in game renders of Chief in 4 before making a decision

I'd think part of that would be designing the game around Halo 1's engine, no? I just prefer the overall look of the CEA Chief so far. Of course, that can change (and I hope it does), but I always use the Mark IV helmet wherever available.

Tunavi

Banned
Banshees every 30 seconds in Invasion. Sometimes you're so fucking stupid bungie.

Seriously, invasion could be fun if there was less of an emphasis on power weapons/vehicles/armor abilites/loadouts.

From what i gathered form the CG Halo 4 videos the armor is the same expect the chest is altered to have less armor and the armor "underwear" is no more.

Syphon Filter said:
To be fair that's a toy pic of the chief. Lets wait for in game pics.
Looks like a dude in a suit to me. *shrug*

My biggest gripe is with the helmet itself. The 'nose' of it reminds me too much of the Grunt's facemask, and overall comes across as much chunkier than the H3 version. The abdominal armor looks weird too, seemingly floating independently from the rest of the suit. I'd be surprised if there weren't a larger level of armor customization for H4's multiplayer, but for such an iconic figure in the all-important Campaign, the suit is a step backwards in awesomeness in my humble little opinion.

Syphon Filter said:
From what i gathered form the CG Halo 4 videos the armor is the same expect the chest is altered to have less armor and the armor "underwear" is no more.
The helmet, shoulder pieces, chest pieces, the arms, and the COD piece (there isn't one) are all different.
squidhands said:

My biggest gripe is with the helmet itself. The 'nose' of it reminds me too much of the Grunt's facemask, and overall comes across as much chunkier than the H3 version. The abdominal armor looks weird too, seemingly floating independently from the rest of the suit. I'd be surprised if there weren't a larger level of armor customization for H4's multiplayer, but for such an iconic figure in the all-important Campaign, the suit is a step backwards in awesomeness in my humble little opinion.
Right on, Squidhands!

squidhands said:

My biggest gripe is with the helmet itself. The 'nose' of it reminds me too much of the Grunt's facemask
, and overall comes across as much chunkier than the H3 version. The abdominal armor looks weird too, seemingly floating independently from the rest of the suit. I'd be surprised if there weren't a larger level of armor customization for H4's multiplayer, but for such an iconic figure in the all-important Campaign, the suit is a step backwards in awesomeness in my humble little opinion.

Agreed, it truly does look like the aweful Master Chief costumes people make. The ones that look really weird and skinny.

I hope thats not reflective of his in game model. Please tell me that pic is a dude in a suit lol.

Top Bottom