• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

PooBone said:
Really? Campaign!?
No, I mean in theater you can only have one person. Like Reach, not 3. There is no Campaign Theater.

daedalius said:
Have they said they'll be increasing player speed/lowering inertia for quicker strafes?

Halo CE pistol wasn't hitscan though.
They showed video

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PooBone said:
forward unto dawn is DOWN.

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Are the marines in Firefight Halo 1 marines or Reach marines?
Is Headlong confirmed?

We're back up. Only lasted a minute.

All questions should be answered there. =)

blamite

Syphon Filter said:
Wait,are these new halo maps only for anniversary or will they be map packs for reach too?
They'll be Anniversary-exclusive at first, although I believe Frankie has said they'll be released as standard DLC soon after. Sooner than ODSTs maps went to the Marketplace, at least.

daedalius said:
Oh, well then. Should be fine, will be interesting for sure.

Which video? One of the flythroughs?
It was one of the original Damnation gameplays, the one where they first showed bloom-less play

Vire

PooBone said:
LOL! Please tell me this was a serious question. LOFUCKINL!!!!
Sarcasm...

Christ.

Gotta say, wasn't impressed with the campaign graphics but the multiplayer maps look swell.

PooBone

Vire said:
Sarcasm...

Christ.

Gotta say, wasn't impressed with the campaign graphics but the multiplayer maps look swell.
Really? I don't remember seeing any campaign footage. Unless you're talking about that firefight map.

Confused about the ff map, because won't that all be done in Reach?

senador

Banned
Vire said:
Sarcasm...

Christ.

Oh its you.

We already know you hate CEA so...

I am definitely liking the graphics, especially the cutscene on 343GS. The swamp looked a bit too green, but not terrible.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
PooBone said:
Really? I don't remember seeing any campaign footage. Unless you're talking about that firefight map.

Well yes and no, you can access the multiplayer maps and that firefight map through the Anniversary disc, but ONLY those new maps, not the rest of Reach MP.

Via Reach you can access the maps too. I assume the new FF map is just a broken out map if you access it via the Reach disc.

Sai-kun

Banned
Vire said:
Sarcasm...

Christ.

I had a funny gif, but I thought about it and I actually *sort of* agree? I wish 343 was foggier than it is now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PooBone said:

They showed about ten minutes of footage from 343 Guilty Spark. Maybe you missed that part of the panel?

PooBone

senador said:
Oh its you.

We already know you hate CEA so...

I am definitely liking the graphics, especially the cutscene on 343GS. The swamp looked a bit too green, but not terrible.
Cutscene? Huh!

Where is this video?

Vire

PooBone said:

Yeah, they showed off 10 minutes or so of campaign, there's also a video on IGN in case you missed it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190914p1.html

You can decide yourself but I was much more impressed with Prisoner and Battle Creek. They looked fantastic.

Prisoner Youtube

Timberland Youtube

PooBone

PooBone

omg.kittens said:
They showed about ten minutes of footage from 343 Guilty Spark. Maybe you missed that part of the panel?
I can't see any of the panel. I am trying to pull info from threads and such. It's difficult. Only video I've seen is of the behind the scenes multiplayer stuff.

Salvor.Hardin said:
Did any prominent Bungie employees who worked on the other main Halo games leave to work on Halo 4?
I saw Shishka and Max Hoberman in that vid.

Vire

PooBone said:
Need Youtube LINK!

Damn, I need youtube. At work. What's the footage of?

It's the campaign level of Guilty Spark.

I think Waypoint or IGN will be uploading it to youtube very shortly. Sorry :/

I'll try and post it if I see it.

feel

Just watched the CEA mp behind the scenes... the maps look insane!!!

Hating the focus on improved Reach instead of Classic though... It's starting to seem to me that even on the Anniversary disc, Reach 2.0 will be the main focus in the playlist selection menu while Classic will be just a low populated playlist at the bottom of the menu unnoticed by most :/

Vire

Letters said:
Just watched the CEA mp behind the scenes... the maps look insane!!!

Hating the focus on improved Reach instead of Classic though... It's starting to seem to me that even on the Anniversary disc, Reach 2.0 will be the main focus in the playlist selection menu while Classic will be just a low populated playlist at the bottom of the menu unnoticed by most :/
All they have to say is Halo 1 Pistol and people will come flocking. I think they will be pretty evenly spread out. I'm personally looking forward to both playlists very much.

Vire said:
All they have to say is Halo 1 Pistol and people will come flocking. I think they will be pretty evenly spread out. I'm personally looking forward to both playlists very much.
I saw Halo 1 Pistol in that video and I almost jumped out of my chair at work. So good.

Thagomizer said:
01 ????
07 ????
049 Abject Testament
343 Guilty Spark
2401 Penitent Tangent
16807 ?????
117649 ??????

We now know the name of the Monitor of Installation 3!

...Yeah, I know you are all multiplayer guys and don't care, but this is cool to me.
Hey. Hadn't noticed that. Abject Testament. Cool.

PooBone

Thagomizer said:
01 ????
07 ????
049 Abject Testament
343 Guilty Spark
2401 Penitent Tangent
16807 ?????
117649 ??????

We now know the name of the Monitor of Installation 3!

...Yeah, I know you are all multiplayer guys and don't care, but this is cool to me.
AWESOME! MUST SEE THIS! Need Youtube link!

I'm a total campaign guy.
EDIT: OMG, now I know where 343 comes from. 7 x 7 x 7

blamite

Dax01 said:
Looks like it may be from rather late in the Terminal story. It's hard to tell, exactly, but it seems like something you might not want to see if you want the Terminals to be fresh when you start playing.

In fact, I don't think i want to see any more terminal footage. :p I feel like I've seen enough to know they're gonna be cool, any the rest should be a surprise. Unfortunately, I'll watch anything 343 puts out, so I'm kind of doomed to be spoiled. >.>

Top Bottom