• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

ElRenoRaven

i nerini del buio said:
I can't help but stare at the crotch
Why is it so big? And with big I mean really big

Exactly. It's like we took it away but now it's a big black bullseye. You can't help but notice. lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Blue Ninja said:
Fuck it, I'm not watching that shitty livestream anymore.

Here's something for those who like pretty pictures.

Awesome. I have 2 monitors at work, how do I stretch this across both in Win 7?

wwm0nkey said:
Damn you Sai and you GAGA gifs

Lol I was about to post the same thing, the way she moves in that last gif is so weird.

I can't help but stare at the crotch
Why is it so big? And with big I mean really big

Its because of those Biological enhancements, Halsey picked out some special ones for him. :/

bobs99 ... said:
Lol I was about to post the same thing, the way she moves in that last gif is so weird.

Its because of those Biological enhancements, Halsey picked out some special ones for him. :/

I can see Cortana doing something like this

300px-La_donna_esplosiva.jpg

to the Chief while he's asleep

bigger
BIGGER
I WANT IT BIGGER!

Sai-kun

Banned
Timan said:
HEADLONG? or is this some serious troll going on.

I'm about to piss in my pants.

We'll have no one to blame but ourselves if it's not Headlong.

Fake edit: Y'all better not ask dumb questions :|

New Helmet Shots:
6083700582_ee425c23e3_o.png

6083159031_940da1accf_o.png

6083700658_78d4404a3f_o.png

Damn, that looks perfect. Obviously, better than before, and (to me) better than the box art:
halo_anniversary.png

I would flip out if we got this Chief in the MP armory.

Sai-kun

Banned
Syracuse022 said:
It's like every tenth post I'm in the OT. Not exactly conducive to keeping up with HaloFest developments at work.

Oh shush. I posted 2 on the last page. That's exactly 2% of the page :lol

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Thagomizer said:
01 ????
07 ????
049 Abject Testament
343 Guilty Spark
2401 Penitent Tangent
16807 ?????
117649 ??????

We now know the name of the Monitor of Installation 3!

...Yeah, I know you are all multiplayer guys and don't care, but this is cool to me.

Nice pick up. I missed that at first. Amazing stuff!

Karl2177

A27_StarWolf said:
too much GaGa....
NO. There's never too much.

So the title update stuff slightly confuses me. Configurable bloom settings. I was under the impression that we couldn't tweak that.

Homeboyd

Karl2177 said:
NO. There's never too much.

So the title update stuff slightly confuses me. Configurable bloom settings. I was under the impression that we couldn't tweak that.
They can. They said they could change it between 0-100% and will do so based on our feedback. I'd imagine there will always be a no-bloom playlist available. Best we can do is save different versions they offer in Reach's playlists.

I'm hoping we can somehow make it so that the DMR is bloomless but using it while jetpacking makes it have bloom. Atleast, when configurable bloom was announced, that was the first thought that popped in my head.

senador

Banned
Watched the 343GS vid again. I've liked all the graphics updates on the other videos seen, but with 343GS it seems a bit too much. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't seem quite right. Way too many lines and textures for me, and some colors are too rich. :/

I mean, it looks good, but just off.

That aside, I've never wanted to play a game I already own more than I do now. Can't wait!

VV What I said and what you said were different.

Vire

senador said:
Watched the 343GS vid again. I've liked all the graphics updates on the other videos seen, but with 343GS it seems a bit too much. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't seem quite right. Way too many lines and textures for me, and some colors are too rich. :/
Oh so NOW you agree with me after you criticized me for having that opinion...

lolz...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's so hard maintaining my media blackout for CEA... I listened to the first panel instead of watching it for the most part, haha. There's certain environments I definitely want to see for the first time in-game.

I wonder what they're gonna do with the Keyes level. It's the strangest Halo level, visually. Should be interesting.

koshunter said:
I'm hoping we can somehow make it so that the DMR is bloomless but using it while jetpacking makes it have bloom. Atleast, when configurable bloom was announced, that was the first thought that popped in my head.

Or get rid of jetpack all together which would be the smart option.

teamaxe

It's interesting that they did new animation for the cutscenes. It's much more fluid. Particularly, when the Chief turns around before opening the door, you can see him open and close his fingers on the gun. His Halo 1 model doesn't even have fingers, I don't think.

CrazedArabMan said:
Or get rid of jetpack all together which would be the smart option.

I posted this in the Reach OT but I have only two problems with the jetpack ability. Areas exclusive to jetpack users being the biggest for me. And as someone else in the thread pointed out, them being harder to hit when they're above you a second problem. Killzones could easily fix the first problem. I'm thinking DMR with bloom when the person who's on the ground is bloomless could possibly fix the second.

Thermite

Epyon MX said:
New Helmet Shots:
6083700582_ee425c23e3_o.png

6083159031_940da1accf_o.png

6083700658_78d4404a3f_o.png

Damn, that looks perfect. Obviously, better than before, and (to me) better than the box art:
halo_anniversary.png

I would flip out if we got this Chief in the MP armory.
Whoa, they've really improved the way the helmet looks since the E3 trailer. Looks exactly as it should now. :D

Dacon

Banned
Goddamn I love Halo.

I seriously can't wait for Halo CE Anniversary, even though I probably won't be able to get it day one.

Not sure how I feel about Halo Reach's MP changes, but I'm willing to give it a try since I never have been able to get armor lock to work well.

How many of you guys still play Reach regularly? I'm all for playing with you some time.

EDIT: Holy shit Chief looks awesome hnnnngh

telengard

Was hoping for plasma stun to make a return but no vids have shown it. :(

Other change I'm hoping people playing the TU will comment on are the frags. Hoping the fuse time has been upped. All in all, great changes and map selection so far.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dacon said:
Goddamn I love Halo.

I seriously can't wait for Halo CE Anniversary, even though I probably won't be able to get it day one.

Not sure how I feel about Halo Reach's MP changes, but I'm willing to give it a try since I never have been able to get armor lock to work well.

How many of you guys still play Reach regularly? I'm all for playing with you some time.

EDIT: Holy shit Chief looks awesome hnnnngh
There's a Halo Reach Official Thread in the Community forum here on GAF, and that's where general Reach discussion usually goes (this Halo Fest thread is a special occassion), and it's a good place to meet folks to party up with. :)

My TU dream would be a rebalanced hog. Reach's hog has a CG so high that the damn thing will roll over if you drive over a pebble.

And a tweak to Kat's campaign AI to make her stop stealing my damn hog and driving me into death's comforting arms.

But I think the TU is only for MP.

Kibbles

Just got out of work, saw a vidoc up, holy wowza at Timberland.

[edit] Prisoner! :eek:
Firefight Marine AI
Halo: CE Pistol, zomg

swoon

neoism

Kibbles said:
Just got out of work, saw a vidoc up, holy wowza at Timberland.

[edit] Prisoner! :eek:
yep prisoner remake... 343 am gods. :O my favorite map of all time... :O HOLY SHIT

Karl2177

Homeboyd said:
They can. They said they could change it between 0-100% and will do so based on our feedback. I'd imagine there will always be a no-bloom playlist available. Best we can do is save different versions they offer in Reach's playlists.
We've known this since hackers got in and removed it completely. It really makes it sound like it would be available for us to tweak, but Frank said that it wouldn't be. Unless you mean they're possibly rolling out playlists with 50% bloom reduction.

blamite

DJ88 said:
Anybody got a link to the Anniversary Edition panel from earlier? Had to leave about 10 min. in.
I don't think the panel is streamable yet, but everything important is Here. Mainly the new map flythroughs and the behind the scenes. I think the full panels are supposed to be up tomorrow on Waypoint and IGN.

Gui_PT

Forgive me for being a party pooper but I did not enjoy the new animations on that cutscene.

Yes, I know they're not finished but despite Halo CE's animations in the cutscenes being much more simple, they gave Masterchief a cool body language. Now he's all... moving and doing all these gestures.

Also, why did they changed some shots in the cutscenes? I loved the old shots.

Other than that, everything's perfect!

Thank you for all the links everyone!!! :D

DJ88

blamite said:
I don't think the panel is streamable yet, but everything important is Here. Mainly the new map flythroughs and the behind the scenes. I think the full panels are supposed to be up tomorrow on Waypoint and IGN.

Cool, thanks.

After rewatching the pistol montage numerous times, I'm a little bit nervous that not a single zoomed shot was fired and lybertyboy said it was created "from the Reach pistol." Surely they wouldn't make me play Hang Em without 2x zoom?

Top Bottom