• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Striker

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
So wrong.
?

I can deal with a pop-in, but when a game struggles to push a video on my screen I get a little tedious. And smooth gameplay is a totally different ball game when comparing Halo 1 and 2 to 3, ODST, and Reach...

The title update sounds great so far. Combine that with the new maps (Timberland remake? Yes!) and it's definitely enough to draw me back in.

I was a bit disappointed that the new Reach FF map isn't set on the Rockslide part of "Halo", but if I had to pick anywhere else in the game for a FF map, one of those structures would have featured quite high up on the list.

I'd really like to see a few more CE-based FF maps released over the course of the product...

Striker said:
Halo 2 didn't have extraordinary graphics, but it played great. No stuttering in the game, cut-scenes, etc. No Halo game since has been free of these issues.

No, it just had some of the worst texture pop-up ever seen in a game. And not just during cutscenes either, there have been plenty of times where I've seen objects still in my FOV vanish.

Tawpgun

Disappointing the gametypes/hopper won't be released until sometime after the TU. Hopefully its only a day or 2. I want true classic customs.

Striker

Photolysis said:
No, it just had some of the worst texture pop-up ever seen in a game. And not just during cutscenes either, there have been plenty of times where I've seen objects still in my FOV vanish.
The campaign had a large share of issues. No debating that, nor surprised by it since they rushed through it within a 10 month time from iirc.

Multliplayer side of things is squarely where I'm talking about smooth gameplay. If you're talking directly online since Halo: CE didn't offer that, there's a pretty big share of difference between 2 and the others.

one thing I've always liked about halo:ce and halo 2 is the split-screen
it's very consistent, you don't really feel like you're playing with pared back graphics... at least in 2players split

lybertyboy said:
We're going to do our damnedest to get the panels up on Waypoint as soon as possible. No promises on when that will be.

Also, could someone link me to this "pistol montage" video? I suspect that what you're actually seeing is a zero bloom pistol. We actually adjusted the rate of fire for the Anniversary magnum.
And, as he woke up, he breathed a sigh of relief. BELI343.

ElRenoRaven

Photolysis said:
The title update sounds great so far. Combine that with the new maps (Timberland remake? Yes!) and it's definitely enough to draw me back in.

I was a bit disappointed that the new Reach FF map isn't set on the Rockslide part of "Halo", but if I had to pick anywhere else in the game for a FF map, one of those structures would have featured quite high up on the list.

I'd really like to see a few more CE-based FF maps released over the course of the product...

Not if you play on PC. ;D

In fact that's the big thing they did right with the pc version was fixing that.

NOKYARD

Dax01 said:
I will say that Cortana is very close to rampancy if she's not there already. The new trilogy will have to deal with it.
The forerunners. They have an app for that.

I'm guessing they find a 'cure' and reset her rampancy cycle for (at least) another 7 years. Possibly, when she interfaces with an ancient AI.

Arnie

Dax01 said:
Power's out. On phone. I will say that Cortana is very close to rampancy if she's not there already. The new trilogy will have to deal with it.
I hope so. One of the most interesting aspects of the fiction in my opinion and so far they've handled it very well in the books, in quite a tragic way.

NOKYARD said:

I'm guessing they find a 'cure' and reset her rampancy cycle for (at least) another 7 years. Possibly, when she interfaces with an ancient AI.

I thought it was a phase they have to go through to be as sentient as we are has been while and my lore skill are bad.

NOKYARD said:

That would be underwhelming. Cortana would make a great villain.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Halo 4 panel tomorrow should be sweet. Chance to meet the team and hear their philosophy and passion for Halo.

Arnie

OuterWorldVoice said:
Halo 4 panel tomorrow should be sweet. Chance to meet the team and hear their philosophy and passion for Halo.
No bloom, fast movement speed, skilled grenade physics, 1-50 ranks, br, difficult to master.

pleasepleaseplease

ShinAmano

Dax01 said:
That would be underwhelming. Cortana would make a great villain.
True.

I thought it was a phase they have to go through to be as sentient as we are has been while and my lore skill are bad.
This is what I thought as well.

If she does go off the deep end I hope she finds her way back.

-PXG-

Dark FaZe said:
title update makes the game playable for me now + some of the best CE maps...this is kinda like a game relaunch for me.

Word.

I 343i is tempting me to get back into Reach, or at least give me an alternative for whenever I need a break from Gears.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Does tomorrow mean tonight for us european master race?
I'm really looking forward to meeting the halo4 team

theb0xmIke

Neo Member
Arnie said:
No bloom, fast movement speed, skilled grenade physics, 1-50 ranks, br, difficult to master.

pleasepleaseplease
Sigh...

Bloom is fine but if you are just talking about CE remake maps then year whatever.

Halo 4 better have bloom. Among other things that made reach the ultimate modern Halo FPS.

theb0xmIke said:
Sigh...

Bloom is fine but if you are just talking about CE remake maps then year whatever.

Halo 4 better have bloom. Among other things that made reach the ultimate modern Halo FPS.

You won't make any friends here lol...

Explain to me why bloom is a good thing?

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
Sounds awful. Preorder canceled.

theb0xmIke said:
Sigh...

33o1lb7.jpg

Booshka

theb0xmIke said:
Sigh...

Tashi has a new friend!

ElRenoRaven

So I was thinking while going for my Saturday swim about what I don't like about the Forza 4 Warthog and I now can explain why I don't like it.

1. Way too damn shiny and clean.

2. Chrome. Why so much chrome? I can't picture a military vehicle having that much chrome.

3. While yes it would have latches etc for the hood. The ones look too Blingy. They seem very decorative in how large they are and how much they stick out. Almost like something you'd find on a show vehicle and not a military vehicle .

4. The gas cans or whatever those cans are stand out where they are at. Now call me crazy but I could swear I saw a design once for the warthog that had those but they were strapped on the sides and not all just put there in a row hanging on the back. I could deal with them that way. Just just look out of place all lined up on back. Again like it's more for an auto show and not a military vehicle.

5. No noticeable military markings like past Warthog designs had.

Now I know you're saying Psycho it is a show vehicle in Forza. I would agree if they didn't have the chaingun and make it a point that it's the Warthog we'll be seeing in Halo 4.

That's my problems with the warthog shown.

orznge

Banned
theb0xmIke said:
Sigh...

I, too, unironically use phrases like "the ultimate modern Halo FPS" when telling everyone about which mechanically broken parts of the game let it become the zenith of first person shooter design.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
Man you are a junior, you don't even have an avatar... You are not prepared for this battle.
Honestly. Tashi is one of the VEEEERRRRY few bloom defenders here and that's only because he plays MLG all day on host :p

You have to realize that you have a very unpopular opinion.

Fuck bloom on precision weapons. At least at the levels it was in Reach.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is on gaming side. All of you are weird. 99% of the people on the Reach thread on the community side all welcome no bloom playlists with open arms and pray for no bloom in Halo 4.

Chalk it up to Spartan III's not being able to handle guns. My boy Master Chief knows how to shoot. No bloom for him.

feel

Watching the universe panel. So gooooooooood
I can't and won't miss the joseph and marty panel (or any other "main" panel)

theb0xmIke said:
Come at me bro
I'll try, but I won't be pacing myself while you just rush me, so no promises, maybe I'll be coming at the wall behind you, no way to know for sure.

theb0xmIke

Neo Member
A27_StarWolf said:
Man you are a junior, you don't even have an avatar... You are not prepared for this battle.

Fair enough

Look i've been a huge Halo Fan since 2001 and bloom is really just one of many things that halo needed to be become the modern FPS, i mean did u really want Bungie just to make a Halo 3 with a Reach settings? Look everybody has their own opinions but if you think you ill just bow down because i'm a junior to this site...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
theb0xmIke said:
Fair enough

Look i've been a huge Halo Fan since 2001 and bloom is really just one of many things that halo needed to be become the modern FPS, i mean did u really want Bungie just to make a Halo 3 with a Reach settings? Look everybody has their own opinions but if you think you ill just bow down because i'm a junior to this site...
Junior thing definitely isn't a reason to ignore you or what you're saying. But you still aren't making a strong case with meaningless catchwords like modern.

theb0xmIke said:
Fair enough

In a non hostile way, why characteristic of bloom makes it "modern" because COD did it?

MrBig

soldat7 said:
28t972e.jpg

This seems like a really cool guy. I know how bloom works, I've watched MLG events and Tashi's streams, they both are in support of bloom, but yet every game I see spamming and shots that should hit missing. It's not a part of an arena game in which everything should be controllable.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LOL @ juniors calling out other juniors for being a junior

A27 Tawpgun said:
Honestly. Tashi is one of the VEEEERRRRY few bloom defenders here and that's only because he plays MLG all day on host :p

You have to realize that you have a very unpopular opinion.

Fuck bloom on precision weapons. At least at the levels it was in Reach.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is on gaming side. All of you are weird. 99% of the people on the Reach thread on the community side all welcome no bloom playlists with open arms and pray for no bloom in Halo 4.

Chalk it up to Spartan III's not being able to handle guns. My boy Master Chief knows how to shoot. No bloom for him.

So is it fair to say that because you mostly play shit gametypes that it has skewed your perception of bloom? :p

Booshka said:
LOL at Starwolf calling out someone for being a Junior. C'mon dude, not like you're some GAF Veteran.

I don't claim to be, and I've been here long enough to grasp how things work. I can grasp it to the point where I know a junior supporting bloom in a HaloGAF thread is not going to win the battle, and is going to get ridiculed, disagree?

Top Bottom