• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

feel

Campaign panel was great, really enjoyed the audio segment. Feel bad for bitching so much about why Ellis and Frank were being so secretive on the AR sound a while back, they pretty much didn't knew yet if it was gonna turn out good.

edit- please share that .mp3 of the soundtrack sample, it sounds awful in the clip I watched (clip's fault, the actual soundtrack seems like it sounds beyond great)

Hey You

Dax01 said:
I would be shocked if a beta isn't announced to be accessed through Anniversary for next year.
Same, it would be risky for 343's first game not to have a beta. Unless they are planning a huge Internal Microsoft testing across its game division.

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
Campaign panel was great, really enjoyed the audio segment. Feel bad for bitching so much about why Ellis and Frank were being so secretive on the AR sound a while back, they pretty much didn't knew yet if it was gonna turn out good.

edit- please share that .mp3 of the soundtrack sample, it sounds awful in the clip I watched (clip's fault, the actual soundtrack seems like it sounds beyond great)

Yea that sound system just didn't do it justice I think. So I can't wait to hear it when they put it on the net.

The remake is shaping up amazingly good. The remastered cutscenes are just beautiful. The Chief is back in all his glory.

It's slowly becoming my most wanted game of the year (who am I kidding? It's been the most wanted game since the day they announced it xD).

Hey You said:
Same, it would be risky for 343's first game not to have a beta. Unless they are planning a huge Internal Microsoft testing across its game division.

Even that wouldn't be enough for the community. After having two betas previously I think it's a given that they have to have a beta for something they're gonna call Halo 4.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. I JUST found this. You guys absolutely HAVE to listen to it if you like Halo 1's soundtrack in any way, shape, or form (and I know you do):

Linky.

Who says "butt rock" wouldn't fit with Halo's style of music at least a little bit?

Im_So_Pringles said:
Holy shit holy shit holy shit. I JUST found this. You guys absolutely HAVE to listen to it if you like Halo 1's soundtrack in any way, shape, or form (and I know you do):

Linky.

Who says "butt rock" wouldn't fit with Halo's style of music at least a little bit?

That was awesome, thanks for sharing. I need to find my Halo soundtrack cds somewhere. So much Halo 1 nostalgia this weekend.

Fjordson

Letters said:
some art that hints at some awe-striking vistas and exploration similar to the second level of the first Halo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Jcm4uRb1U

rough idea of how the warthog will look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG4AsOmpGWA

We'll have more stuff 12 hours from now after the Halo4 panel, but don't expect too much, they don't want to take focus away from Halo Anniversary.
Oh man...hype slowly starting to build. I know it's early and it's just art, but got damn.

clav

Tashi0106 said:
Damn I'm probably going to miss this Halo 4 panel because of Irene. Fuckin bitch
Irene is Category 1.

Compare this hurricane to the Category 5 super typhoon in Asia.

In other words, I think you will be able to see it.

border

I don't really have time to sort through the thread and links -- can someone tell me how much is being done to replicate Halo:CE in the Title Update? What will be in the mysterious Classic ++ Mode?

Can you turn off armor abilities completely? It looks like all they have is a bloom modifier and slightly different properties for Armor Lock. Will people still be sprinting and bunny-hopping around the map with jet packs?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
claviertekky said:
Irene is Category 1.

Compare this hurricane to the Category 5 super typhoon in Asia.

In other words, I think you will be able to see it.

I get power outages pretty easy in my town. I have a feeling they might shut it down before shit gets damaged.

Loxley

I have to say I'm extremely impressed by Anniversary, MS and 343 are clearly putting a shitload of work and time into making sure it's more than just an up-rezzed CE. The panels have been doing a great job in showing just how much care with which 343 is handling not only Anniversary, but the IP in general. Looks like it's in pretty good hands :) I'm really amped for the Halo 4 panel now.

feel

border said:
I don't really have time to sort through the thread and links -- can someone tell me how much is being done to replicate Halo:CE in the Title Update? What will be in the mysterious Classic ++ Mode?

Can you turn off armor abilities completely? It looks like all they have is a bloom modifier and slightly different properties for Armor Lock. Will people still be sprinting and bunny-hopping around the map with jet packs?
No, what you've been seeing is still normal Reach with minimal tweaks (that will upgrade it from shit to slightly less shit), for the people who like Reach and don't want it changed drastically. They will introduce separate proper Halo playlists without all the bad stuff that Reach introduced to the franchise, but they still haven't shared much about them. We know the crosshair won't expand and that there will be no rage inducing troll abilities. More details tomorrow at the multiplayer panel hopefully.

Salvor.Hardin said:
Ah thanks for the responses. I've oddly never been terribly interested in the multiplayer. I just play it for the campaign and I'm forgiving of retcons because Bungie seems to manage the story arcs in the Halo game much better than is historically expected of a video game developer.

MP has been sliding downhill since 2. Reach was supposed to fix the problems with 3 but gave us a whole host of new issues =/. Good news is some of it is addressed in the TU.

Voltron64

soldat7 said:
The wheels on the Forerunner structures look asinine. Why make changes like that to iconic structures?
Why did Bungie add bloom and armor abilities? Why make changes to iconic gameplay?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
soldat7 said:
The wheels on the Forerunner structures look asinine. Why make changes like that to iconic structures?
It's called variety. More specifically, variety within architecture. I welcome it.

feel

Deadly Cyclone said:
Missed the last panel, anything interesting?
CEA campaign will have both the original and remastered soundtrack. Doesn't change on the fly at the press of a button like the visuals, you have to change it before loading a level, but still pretty cool.

Skulls are Halo 3 style, found hidden throughout the campaign, some will be in popular out-of-map areas.

Vinyl edition of the CEA soundtrack announced. They also played a bit of a few remastered tracks and they seemed great, beefier yet faithful.

clashfan

Looks like the Halo 4 panel doesn't have anyone from the tech team, I guess we will not hear anything about the engine. They should have brought Corrinne Yu.

Monocle

soldat7 said:
Yeah, I wanted Halo CE's Forerunner architecture to be updated, not reimagined. In Anniversary the surfaces of Forerunner constructs look like they're made of different material than they used to be, and additions like the rails on the exterior surface of Installation 04 and the big wheels on the sides of Forerunner towers are obtrusive. That sort of thing would be more suitable in Halo 4, where 343 should feel free to take liberties with their visual interpretation of the Halo universe.

Recarpo

Letters said:
CEA campaign will have both the original and remastered soundtrack. Doesn't change on the fly at the press of a button like the visuals, you have to change it before loading a level, but still pretty cool.

That's pretty awesome. Any idea if that includes sound effects as well?

_woLf

What exactly are we expecting to see from the halo 4 panel? New trailer? Have they really said anything about it at all?

PNut

Banned
_woLf said:
What exactly are we expecting to see from the halo 4 panel? New trailer? Have they really said anything about it at all?

You get to meet the team that's working on it. Doubt there will be much more.

I continue to reject the 'rails', vents or no vents. Feel it was an unnecessary change to fufill some Art Directors desire on how Forerunner stuff will look in H4.

Time to check in on FUD and see what I missed/couldn't see thanks to IGN's site being uncooperative.

Kibbles

Honestly, I think they'd be crazy if they don't show a new trailer for Halo 4 tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything more than that, but that's also the least I would expect. They have to get the hype-train started by now for a title this big and to get people back interested into Halo. I know all my friends I play System Link with (Halo 3 still) don't play Reach and don't even give a shit about the Title Update when I try to tell them about it to see if we can try to play it on System Link later.

It's also HALOFEST. I mean, come on. It seems like the perfect time to show a little more and give the fans a glimpse of the future of Halo.

Top Bottom