• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

senador

Banned
Lol. I didn't take that as a Forge reveal is tomorrow at all. People were just asking multiplayer questions like its something unannounced so instead of talking about it they just said "we've already talked about it, but also come back tomorrow for multi". I say no big deal, don't get hopes up.

Please no new Forge, I hate that shit.

Tawpgun

Mmmm...

Boom Skull + Hog Launching = INSANITY

I actually really hope they put in a skull that makes the player invulnerable so we can ride that hog to the other side of Halo.

Karl2177

Homeboyd said:
lol well..

David Ellis said they already revealed what they could talk about in the bulletin a couple weeks ago and for additional info "it would be smart to come back for the multiplayer panel tomorrow."

I build up high hopes on statements like these.
IT'S GONNA BE ON HANG 'EM HIGH. I'm calling it.

PsychoRaven said:
David Ellis who posts here and has been moderating most of them and how was he annoying?

Ah he's a fellow gaffer? Now I feel bad.

I just thought he rushed along some of the panel, and while I understand that there are time constraints, I thought he allowed less time for some of the interesting questions. Of course, to each his own.

You know, seeing Frankie with a beard yesterday, I think he should rock The Sisko™ and just have a goatee.

Sisko2375.jpg

Homeboyd

senador said:
Lol. I didn't take that as a Forge reveal is tomorrow at all. People were just asking multiplayer questions like its something unannounced so instead of talking about it they just said "we've already talked about it, but also come back tomorrow for multi". I say no big deal, don't get hopes up.

Please no new Forge, I hate that shit.
Yeah, I was half kidding. But because you don't want new Forge means the rest of the Halo community shouldn't be excited about the possibility of getting some new items/canvases? If it's implemented right, you won't have to bother with playing on Forge maps if you so choose.

I don't think forge maps should appear in core playlists either. Give them their own hopper.

No reason to request something you don't personally like stay out of a game because you don't personally like it. I agree with most on Forge maps and the process of getting them into MM as it stands now, but it could certainly improve and some new objects/maps would be refreshing imo.

Edit:

Karl2177 said:
IT'S GONNA BE ON HANG 'EM HIGH. I'm calling it.
Yep, I've been saying this since we knew they weren't showing it on the floor.

Kibbles

Pants are prepared, or maybe even lack of pants?! I'm off tomorrow thank gawd, I'll get to see Halo 4 and forge thig tomorrow live.

senador

Banned
Homeboyd said:
Yeah, I was half kidding. But because you don't want new Forge means the rest of the Halo community shouldn't be excited about the possibility of getting some new items/canvases? If it's implemented right, you won't have to bother with playing on Forge maps if you so choose.

I don't think forge maps should appear in core playlists either. Give them their own hopper.

No reason to request something you don't personally like stay out of a game because you don't personally like it. I agree with most on Forge maps and the process of getting them into MM as it stands now, but it could certainly improve and some new objects/maps would be refreshing imo.

Edit:
Yep, I've been saying this since we knew they weren't showing it on the floor.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude. I know a lot of people like it so I wouldn't want to rain on your parade or whatever, I just hate playing on the maps made in Forge. I think Forge itself is cool, and a lot of great things come from it, but playing the maps isn't fun to me. They are plagued with bad spawns and bland aesthetic that leads to disorientation as well as just being boring. I just have no interest in playing on user created maps. :(

But yeah sorry. I was just saying I didn't take that as "stay tuned for a reveal", then expressed my opinion in spoiler to separate it.

That aside, Hang 'em High was already made in Forge. I welcome a non-forge version of it, but why would it be remade in another Forge palette?

ElRenoRaven

Salvor.Hardin said:
Ah he's a fellow gaffer? Now I feel bad.

I just thought he rushed along some of the panel, and while I understand that there are time constraints, I thought he allowed less time for some of the interesting questions. Of course, to each his own.

Well I think that was more due to the time constraint they were under as even you mentioned. That's the only reason I can remotely explain this one being such a short panel. He hasn't been like that focused on keeping the panel moving before. So who knows. Despite that I felt he did a good job still.

Karl2177

Tunavi said:
Ah I hope we see Hang Em High tomorrow as well. I forgot about it. Would have rather seen another map in its place but whatever.

You suck and forge maps suck.
I don't mind Forge all that much. I do agree with everyone that it is bland with only gray. I still love it as a decent tool to create maps for consoles.

Homeboyd

Karl2177 said:
I don't mind Forge all that much. I do agree with everyone that it is bland with only gray. I still love it as a decent tool to create maps for consoles.
Hold "back" to cycle between Forge object skins.

o_O

A27_StarWolf said:
wait is it a forge reveal confirmed?
No.

ElRenoRaven

Kibbles said:
I'd think an ingame trailer would be likely.

That would be nice. It would either alleviate some of our concerns or make them worse. lol. I just don't see an in game trailer would be something they would show this early in the process though.

While I do think that the bar is set and all future main Halo games should have a Forge option, I do think that the effort to include community-designed maps needs to be dropped in favor of tailoring the gametypes for the official maps. It didn't work well in Halo 3, and it hasn't worked well in Reach.

Until 343 can come up with a better, more streamlined system, that is.

Dax01 said:
While I do think that the bar is set and all future main Halo games should have a Forge option, I do think that the effort to include community-designed maps needs to be dropped in favor of tailoring the gametypes for the official maps. It didn't work well in Halo 3, and it hasn't worked well in Reach.

Until 343 can come up with a better, more streamlined system, that is.

I think it'd be nice to have a community testing playlist in Halo 4 where you play user-submitted maps and can leave feedback after the match for the author. And that playlist would in theory narrow the amount of maps 343 has to look through to find a good map.

Kibbles

PsychoRaven said:
That would be nice. It would either alleviate some of our concerns or make them worse. lol. I just don't see an in game trailer would be something they would show this early in the process though.
They demoed Halo 2 over a year before release, had an ingame trailer for Halo 3 over a year before release, I think we can expect an ingame trailer at least. Why have Halofest with no Halo 4?

Yeah it's me just assuming, but I believe it's a safe assumption at that.

ElRenoRaven

Kibbles said:
They demoed Halo 2 over a year before release, had an ingame trailer for Halo 3 over a year before release, I think its the least to expect an ingame trailer. Why have Halofest with no Halo 4?

True. We'll know in about 16 hours from now if they do or not.

Vire

Kibbles said:
They demoed Halo 2 over a year before release, had an ingame trailer for Halo 3 over a year before release, I think it's safe to expect an ingame trailer at least. Why have Halofest with no Halo 4?
lol good one.

feel

koshunter said:
I think it'd be nice to have a community testing playlist in Halo 4 where you play user-submitted maps and can leave feedback after the match for the author.
Fixed.

Have just one community playlist and spare the people who don't want to play those ugly and repetitive looking things (compared to the proper maps), from having to play them.

koshunter said:
If they don't reveal any in-game footage/screenshots of Halo 4, does that mean I have to wait until E3 for my hype train to begin? I don't think I can handle that...
VGAs :)

If they don't reveal any in-game footage/screenshots of Halo 4, does that mean I have to wait until E3 for my hype train to begin? I don't think I can handle that...

Edit:
Letters said:
Fixed.

Have just one community playlist and spare the people who don't want to play those ugly and repetitive looking things (compared to the proper maps), from having to play them.

That works too. As long as it has some sort of feature to help the authors improve their maps, I'm fine with that.

koshunter said:

Edit:

That works too. As long as it has some sort of feature to help the authors improve their maps, I'm fine with that.

They definitely won't show gameplay or anything. A trailer with ingame assets is the best you will get. If there is a beta then you may see some screens early next year.

I love the forge maps that are in current rotation in Team Slayer. It gives nice variety and they're better than all the map packs that you had to pay for. The premium maps that cost $10 were a rip off. I bought the first map pack and the maps are decent but they hardly ever come up in the regular team slayer play list and you need both $10 map packs to play in the "premium map" playlist.

MrBig

Synth_floyd said:
I love the forge maps that are in current rotation in Team Slayer. It gives nice variety and they're better than all the map packs that you had to pay for. The premium maps that cost $10 were a rip off. I bought the first map pack and the maps are decent but they hardly ever come up in the regular team slayer play list and you need both $10 map packs to play in the "premium map" playlist.
Team Slayer is the standard playlist and where a lot of the casuals sit. Since most would be less inclined to purchase a map pack there is a much lower chance of the maps popping up in such a large pot.

Syphon Filter said:
They definitely won't show gameplay or anything. A trailer with ingame assets is the best you will get. If there is a beta then you may see some screens early next year.

An in-game trailer would be amazing. But Letters brought up the VGA's and I think (as much as it pains me) that we might see our first glimpse of the game their than at Halo Fest. I'm just going to dial my expectations back a bit.

aegies

Lyphen said:
Anyone know of today's panels will show up on IGN soon for viewing?

The files are huge/long and take quite a while to process, so it'll be a while. Stuff should be on Waypoint sooner rather than later as well, though probably not tonight (though Lybertyboy would be better able to speak to that than I am).

Sai-kun

Banned
Aw man I just realized I'm gonna be at work while all the panels are going on tomorrow. Fffuuuckkk. Any way for me to stream it on my phone?

koshunter said:

Im thinking they may go the same route as Reach and show it off at the Spike VGA's. That said, I hope we get more info sooner. I like a longer build up for games.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
aegies said:
The files are huge/long and take quite a while to process, so it'll be a while. Stuff should be on Waypoint sooner rather than later as well, though probably not tonight (though Lybertyboy would be better able to speak to that than I am).
Alright, thanks! Shame I missed some of the best ones.

Top Bottom