• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

I would be super disappointed if they don't show some in-game footage but at the same time I don't expect it. It's a terribly odd feeling.

What I do expect is some really good discussion and slides of art work for us to devour and speculate on.

So hyped for halo 4 panel.
Kenneth scott art director is on the panel i wonder what his design directions are for the covenant or new enemies. If im not mistaken he was also art director for doom 3.

Elginer

Can't wait for the Halo 4 panel!!! I'm not expecting footage but at least ONE single dream inducing screenshot would be nice. You know, something to pine for.

Karl2177 said:
IT'S GONNA BE ON HANG 'EM HIGH. I'm calling it.
You mean we could get an actually good lucking Forge World?

capdevilla-cubata2.gif

I'm hoping we'll find out what enemy we'll be fighting. Will it be the Flood (god, I hope not), the Covenant (somehow?), or something else (Precursors?)?

Blue Ninja said:
I'm hoping we'll find out what enemy we'll be fighting. Will it be the Flood (god, I hope not), the Covenant (somehow?), or something else (Precursors?)?

Or the thing from you're new avatar, thats right...the typewriter.

Dirtbag

Monocle said:
Yeah, I wanted Halo CE's Forerunner architecture to be updated, not reimagined. In Anniversary the surfaces of Forerunner constructs look like they're made of different material than they used to be, and additions like the rails on the exterior surface of Installation 04 and the big wheels on the sides of Forerunner towers are obtrusive. That sort of thing would be more suitable in Halo 4, where 343 should feel free to take liberties with their visual interpretation of the Halo universe.

Seriously? Is this a real complaint

Dirtbag said:
Seriously? Is this a real complaint
Yeah. It's one of my complaints, too. The game looks great, but I don't like the look of most of the Forerunner structures in the game. The structures in Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach were monolithic remnants near impervious to damage, these look like wonky IKEA creations of a species that's addicted to spinning lights.

Dirtbag

A27 Tawpgun said:
I sort of agree. But I'd have to see more. It's just forerunner architecture went from stoic and simple to incredibly ornate.

Or maybe it was just engine limitations at the time and this is what it should have been all along

I'll put myself in the camp that enjoys the new forerunner designs but at the same time does not like the rails on the ring (though I can live with that). I believe Reach has turned me off from any type of simple forerunner design for the rest of my life.

lockload

Salvor.Hardin said:
I would be super disappointed if they don't show some in-game footage but at the same time I don't expect it. It's a terribly odd feeling.

What I do expect is some really good discussion and slides of art work for us to devour and speculate on.
i doubt they will show any ingame footage before halo anniversary is out of the way makes no sense at all!

GhaleonEB said:
8:00, after the HBO breakfast.
Rough... GAF'ers don't make it to the GAF breakfast but instead go the the HBO breakfast.

;)

Edit: In better news I will be lined up for the panel in about 20 minutes. Hoping that the guys getting ready don't take much longer, and then we will be on our way out the door.

Hope to meet up with some of you guys.

I think something will be shown at the Halo 4 panel. What, specifically, I can't be sure. I find it unlikely that they would organize a panel around Halo 4 to just talk about the teaser shown at E3.

Desmond

Blue Ninja said:
Me and my friends are predicting the forerunners will be found, and will be evil

Dirtbag said:
Or maybe it was just engine limitations at the time and this is what it should have been all along
Absolutely. I think the 'new' Forerunner architecture is beautiful and very welcome.

hmm, I think I've missed this wheel thingy.

Kuroyume

Banned
So are there pictures of the new designs some of you are complaining about? I've seen campaign videos and I don't see anything that doesn't like like it belongs to your typical Forerunner architecture.

JMizzlin

Can't wait for the Halo 4 panel. I think we're going to get lucky and see some stuff.
After all, we were promised HEAPS off announcements and reveals. And it's HaloFest!

Kuroyume said:
So are there pictures of the new designs some of you are complaining about? I've seen campaign videos and I don't see anything that doesn't like like it belongs to your typical Forerunner architecture.
It's nothing you haven't seen. Apparently, 343's art style is a little polarizing.

MrBig

Dani said:
Eddie Smith designed most of the environments for CEA. He is with 343. They took his concepts a bit too literally, which have always been on that highly stylized side, which is where I think the problems came from.

On the other hand Sparth is (I'm assuming) one of the lead artist for Halo 4, so we should be seeing some very tight, detailed, and pleasing designs on that end.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't even remember what video the giant cog on the Forerunner structure is from. It's just strange, because when I think of Forerunner architecture, it involves very few mechanical and moving parts. More light beams, and gracefully rotating fins and such. A cog is visually the definition of mechanics.

Sai-kun

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Dont think so ign uses flash player.

In utterly more important news what the hell happened to the avatar? i miss the old one.

GAGA > La Roux

Ahh damn. Y'all will have to keep me very updated then so I can know what's going on and be jealous >:|

And awww someone misses my avatar! I really liked the old one too but I decided to give her a bit of a break til I can find a good new photo of her to use. La Roux is my favorite, even above Gaga though. ;)

Top Bottom