• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

soldat7

Then:
iylwf8.jpg

Now:
5luxzt.jpg

I could post pics of Relic, Narrows, Epitaph, Valhalla, etc. The wheel looks dumb (especially when lit up and spinning.) Sure, if we stare at it long enough we'll all get used to it, but this is a good example of an unnecessary change to the design language of Halo, just like the fins on the Halo ring.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
OT Updated with videos of all of yesterday's panels.

Let me know if I am missing anything!

Being the last day of HaloFest, I would like to say thank you all for letting me do the OT and for posting here! :p

Vire said:
What time is the Halo 4 panel EST time?
1 PM EST I believe.

Sibylus

Banned
Catching up on all the Halofest news, lots of goodies.

Timberland/Ridgeline, man, it looks great, I cracked a grin seeing the Warthogs vaulting off of high places and tearing through the river. And you doubted me, Halogaf. Hah, I say!

soldat7

Botolf said:
Catching up on all the Halofest news, lots of goodies.

Timberland/Ridgeline, man, it looks great, I cracked a grin seeing the Warthogs vaulting off of high places and tearing through the river. And you doubted me, Halogaf. Hah, I say!

Prisoner looks stunning as well (can't find a better pic)

2r3xtsn.jpg

Lingitiz

Dani said:
Holy shit. Look at where the Halo 4 panel is set.

48118593.jpg
Yup i remember looking up the Paramount theater last night. They have to have something substantial at the very least if they rented out such a nice theater.

Gui_PT

Deadly Cyclone said:
OT Updated with videos of all of yesterday's panels.

Let me know if I am missing anything!

Being the last day of HaloFest, I would like to say thank you all for letting me do the OT and for posting here! :p

Do you know in which of these videos the Halo CEA music is? I saw posts of people mentioning how cool the music is, but I unfortunately missed it.

clav

cuevas said:
They tried getting Safeco Field but the Mariners have a home game.
Are the mariners good this year?

I picked up Kyle Seager on my fantasy team a few days ago.

LESS THAN AN HOUR OMG

MrBig

Lingitiz said:
Yup i remember looking up the Paramount theater last night. They have to have something substantial at the very least if they rented out such a nice theater.
At the very least there will be a pre-rendered trailer. No way they are going to seat thousands of people just to listen to a couple people talk about something no ones seen before.

Karl2177

Sai-kun said:
And awww someone misses my avatar! I really liked the old one too but I decided to give her a bit of a break til I can find a good new photo of her to use. La Roux is my favorite, even above Gaga though. ;)
Damn, also a good avatar choice. I wouldn't quite put La Roux as my favorite though. Lately I've been listening to Skrillex and Klaypex, but I think Justice will remain my favorite for now.

With a theatre that big, it's gotta be an epic trailer. EXCITE LEVEL RISING!!! Halo 4 and multiplayer details today means I should be working on my paper, but I'll only be half working on it...

soldat7 said:
Then:
http://i52.tinypic.com/iylwf8.jpg[/IMG

Now:
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/5luxzt.jpg[/IMG

I could post pics of Relic, Narrows, Epitaph, Valhalla, etc. The wheel looks dumb (especially when lit up and spinning.) Sure, if we stare at it long enough we'll all get used to it, but this is a good example of an unnecessary change to the design language of Halo, just like the fins on the Halo ring.[/QUOTE]
Actually I like the design in that picture. Not as much as the design in, say, Valhalla, but I do like it a lot.

Blueblur1

soldat7 said:
Then:
http://i52.tinypic.com/iylwf8.jpg[IMG]

Now:
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/5luxzt.jpg[IMG]

I could post pics of Relic, Narrows, Epitaph, Valhalla, etc. The wheel looks dumb (especially when lit up and spinning.) Sure, if we stare at it long enough we'll all get used to it, but this is a good example of an unnecessary change to the design language of Halo, just like the fins on the Halo ring.[/QUOTE]
Looks terrible.

Vire

Wow... they wouldn't rent out a place like that if it wasn't serious business.

I really hope the stream doesn't shit out on us because this will probably be the most watched panel online.

Tawpgun

I want a play by play of the big announcements of the Halo 4 panel. Be my live text feed..
fucking can't get the stream on my phone.

wwm0nkey

There WILL be a big announcement if they have that place, yes they will introduce more of the team but we are going to see something lol

Sibylus

Banned
The fins themselves look fine to me, but the wheel definitely looks out of place, circular lines and convex shapes being so rare in Forerunner architecture as they are (Halo rings aside, they're almost always planar or near-planar). I would've liked to see a Forerunner wheel-that-isn't-a-wheel, or in other words, what a wheel would look like for a race that seemingly doesn't make many of them.

soldat7 said:
Prisoner looks stunning as well (can't find a better pic)

http://i55.tinypic.com/2r3xtsn.jpg
Yesh, just watched the flythrough. Kickass effects and skybox!

clav

AH DAMN IT

I have to go out and do some errands. Going to miss the announcement.

I'm going to have to watch it later.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
claviertekky said:
AH DAMN IT

I have to go out and do some errands. Going to miss the announcement.

I'm going to have to watch it later.
Unlimited data and a flash-enabled phone. The future is great.

lockload

Phonomezer said:
A trailer at least.

That first Reach 'trailer' was a year out from the games release, wasn't it? Hoping for something similar.
Yeh thats what i mean, in engine trailer would be good!

Or kick ass CGI dont mind!

Dirtbag

Lyphen said:
I don't even remember what video the giant cog on the Forerunner structure is from. It's just strange, because when I think of Forerunner architecture, it involves very few mechanical and moving parts. More light beams, and gracefully rotating fins and such. A cog is visually the definition of mechanics.

I guess I need to see more then. I don't know if I'd like that either, but everything else I've seen looks totally fine to me and reminds me of the leap in complexity we saw moving to halo 3.

Sibylus

Banned
343 GS looks great, but I can't be the only one missing that dark fog a little, can I? Yeah yeah, it's a cheap and ancient effect, but it shrouded the level and really accentuated the darkness and the tension all around you.

Anyone else hoping Halo 4 departs from the aesthetic and design choices from the previous Halo games? While I like the forerunner and covenant architecture, I've seen too much of it for it to be striking any more and forge has allowed me to see just about any possible permutation using those assets. I'm hoping the series can move to a new visual ground

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Salvor.Hardin said:
Anyone else hoping Halo 4 departs from the aesthetic and design choices from the previous Halo games? While I like the forerunner and covenant architecture, I've seen too much of it for it to be striking any more and forge has allowed me to see just about any possible permutation using those assets. I'm hoping the series can move to a new visual ground

hope so. i'd love to explore a new world and culture again

Top Bottom