• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Blue Ninja said:
The music reminds me more of Mass Effect than of Halo.

Oh, and Tron. :lol

HOLY SHIT WHAT WAS THAT. :lol
HAHA! Anyone else catch the Mass Effect rap at the very end after the stream ended? How appropriate.

Hey Dr. Chakwas something something ice brandy.

Karl2177

That music sounded like I was landing at the Citadel again.

EDIT: I don't know what the difference was, but I could actually watch the stream, unlike the past 2 days.

PooBone

Music was good. Vistas were good. It looks definitely like Halo, and reminds me a lot of Halo 2's Delta Halo aesthetic. I have a feeling the game will start w/ John getting out of the crashed ship and for a while not seeing or finding anything, just searching for something to give him and Cortana direction.

Looks great.

ElRenoRaven

Overall it was a good panel. Some great insight into 343. A small small glimpse into what is in store. And some concept art and teaser. I'd say panel was a 8 outta 10 for me.

wwm0nkey

watership said:
a lot of people where not happy with Reach, also now with CoD and other games they need to win people back.

Not saying Reach is a bad game because it isnt but people did leave.

Vire

Nollemaster said:
Now I'm hyped, the concept art looked truly amazing
Might I remind you how incredible the concept art looked for Halo Wars?

It doesn't mean anything. I was really hoping for a trailer...

soldat7

PooBone said:
Music was good. Vistas were good. It looks definitely like Halo, and reminds me a lot of Halo 2's Delta Halo aesthetic. I have a feeling the game will start w/ John getting out of the crashed ship and for a while not seeing or finding anything, just searching for something to give him and Cortana direction.

Looks great.

I hope so. Once I find my perfect desktop wallpaper, I'm going on a media blackout. To the Hushed Casket!

Gui_PT

And heeeere come the complaints about the music. It's if doesn't sound 100% like Halo, people won't like it.

sheesh people, learn to ADAPT

Roche

Vire said:
Might I remind you how incredible the concept art looked for Halo Wars?

It doesn't mean anything. I was really hoping for a trailer...

Halo Wars was a pretty good looking game though.

So, the next time we will see anything about this game will probably be Spike's VGA show unless they want to wait till CES but that is unlikely. The next E3 will be the massive showing and sometime in the summer will be the multiplayer Beta.

Blueblur1

I really enjoyed the panel. I'm really looking forward to the game now especially after that last video piece with the concept art and music.

Rekubot

Stream worked great for me. Only buffered once for a few seconds throughout the entire video. So, thanks IGN!

The actual conference was a disappointment. Too many vague answers and I think Frank realised this near the end when he started to give some decent information.

I think it's time to catch up on my Halo novels!

As a side note, I didn't enjoy the music that played during the concept art video, but I doubt it has anything to do with Halo 4 anyway.

The highlight of the whole conference was the music in the video. Very different and very, very good. Really excited about the composer. Is Tojima confirmed to be the composer, or is it someone else and Tojima is just sound director?

Master Chief went back in time, though a prototype TARDIS, together only he and The Doctor can bring down the forerunners WHO ARE ACTUALLY THE DALEKS...

ElRenoRaven

Yea. How dare we want our Halo music to sound like Halo. HOW DARE WE!!!!

*Keep in mind I am neutral on the music. It was very meh I thought.

feel

watership said:
Yeah, Reach wasn't 343i's fault, but a lot of people don't know or care of who's at the helm and in what conditions, they just don't like Reach (even if they play it every day because of the social aspect) and are unsure about the future of Halo.

Lingitiz

FateBreaker said:
The highlight of the whole conference was the music in the video. Very different and very, very good. Really excited about the composer. Is Tojima confirmed to be the composer, or is it someone else and Tojima is just sound director?
I think he's just the audio director. I remember rumors of Neil Davidge of Massive Attack fame as composer but I could be wrong.

Letters said:
Yeah, Reach wasn't 343i's fault, but a lot of people don't know or care of who's at the helm and in what conditions, they just don't like Reach (even if they play it every day because of the social aspect) and are unsure about the future of Halo.
Exactly. A lot of people don't notice who develops a game, and I definitely know a lot of Halo fans that felt burned by Reach's changes. Its one of the many reasons why there is a huge amount of pressure on 343i to deliver.

Falagard

So, I saw a group of marines holding their guns in the air in that video. Anyone else?

Also, from what Frankie said, it sounds to me like lot of time has passed since Halo 3 while the Master Chief was in cryo, and that humanity has now had the time to analyze and make use of Forerunner tech to augment their weapons.

PooBone

FateBreaker said:
I think there is someone else doing the compositions. Frankie hinted that it was a God from left field that they haven't revealed yet.

Vire

My biggest problem with the music is that it sounded like Close Encounters of The Third Kind and not Halo. Halo music is about bombast, violins and a feeling of somberness but exploration. This was cheesy synth sounds and it felt like the audio director totally didn't recognize what makes Halo - Halo. It sounds like he was just told okay, you are in this sci-fi world embarking on a new planet and it's all very futuristic. Marty's music is nothing remotely like this. If it was a Mass Effect trailer I would be completely fine with it, but the first time I heard Marty's ODST score, I literally got shivers down my spine. You could tell it was familiar but different. This was nothing like that feeling, I felt nothing.

I will say the concept work looks phenomenal but that isn't always indicative of a final product (Halo Wars). Considering they just said they've been working on it for YEARS you would think they could show off at least an in game teaser.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. How dare we want our Halo music to sound like Halo. HOW DARE WE!!!!

*Keep in mind I am neutral on the music. It was very meh I thought.

It wasn't Halo enough for me. Quality was great, but not quite right. Will wait to hear more before I really care. Also, we don't even know for sure if that is officially Halo 4 music.

Top Bottom