• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Zoolader

Salmonbottle said:
So do most people. The people who complain about bloom and armor abilities are actually just an extremely vocal minority.

If you don't like Reach, you're not going to like Halo 4, because you're not going to like any Halo game that isn't a carbon copy whatever Halo game you first seriously got into.

That all sounds like you just pulled it out of your butt.

Syphon Filter said:
Failed logic,Halo 4 wont be like Reach especially with another developer. Also 343 even has the new title update for Reach that makes things better even for fans that didn't like the armor abilities.

It won't be like Reach, and it won't be like 1, 2, or 3, either. It will be a different game, and the vocal minority will be too obsessed with the past to accept it.

The title update is for the CEA playlist. They aren't going to remove bloom from regular play, and they aren't going to remove armor abilities. The Armor lock nerfing is justified, but it isn't removing armor lock.

Zoolader said:
That all sounds like you just pulled it out of your butt.

When you live in the vocal minority echo chamber, it's going to sound like there are a lot more people around you than there really are.

PNut

Banned
Loved the music. Was kinda getting tired of the chanting monks any way. But more importanly what was at the very end of the video??? I tried pausing my screen but couldn't make it out.

Toddler

Dax01 said:
What makes you say that? I've been over the clip and I can't make out anything. :(
I can see a very short (obviously) glimpse of what looks like the Chief's armor, mixed with the velocity effect that makes the viewers angle seem like they're traveling pretty fast towards and finally focusing then blacking out with the bright red light.

Check out the youtube, the higher res might help you see it.

PNut said:
Loved the music. Was kinda getting tired of the chanting monks any way. But more importanly what was at the very end of the video??? I'd tried pausing my screen but couldn't make it out.
The monks are still in,check the E3 trailer.

ElRenoRaven

Salmonbottle said:
It won't be like Reach, and it won't be like 1, 2, or 3, either. It will be a different game, and the vocal minority will be too obsessed with the past to accept it.

The title update is for the CEA playlist. They aren't going to remove bloom from regular play, and they aren't going to remove armor abilities. The Armor lock nerfing is justified, but it isn't removing armor lock.

lybertyboy said:
So, was that worth your time?

It was ok. Would have liked maybe a new trailer or something but for what we got it was ok.

You're right about that. As much as we all want it to be our old Halo games it won't be. All we can hope for is that it keeps that vibe, has great gameplay, and is damn fun.

Blueblur1

lybertyboy said:
I thought it was great. I wish you guys had teased a little more though. I liked the music accompanying the 'Concert Art Glimpse' video but I hope that we still get a version of the Halo theme in the game. It's not a Master Chief Halo game without that iconic piece of music, in my humble opinion. :)

Voltron64

Salmonbottle said:
So do most people. The people who complain about bloom and armor abilities are actually just an extremely vocal minority.

If you don't like Reach, you're not going to like Halo 4, because you're not going to like any Halo game that isn't a carbon copy whatever Halo game you first seriously got into.
The vocal minority that still care. Everyone else just left.

LOL at the bold txt. You contradict yourself.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lybertyboy said:
This question is from me for the Anniversary MP panel: Stockpile achievements - Is it possible to alter achievements with a title update? Stockpile should never come back to the rotation, but it'd be nice to somehow be able to earn the final Noble achievements (You Ate All the Chips and to a lesser extent Offensive Driver, because who want to play Rocket Race).

PooBone

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Is the writer of Glass lands ( Karen Traviss) any good?
Knowing that the books are going to be canon this time round might make me read a few of them.
I think she's fantastic. Love her writing style. She did a short story in Halo: Evolutions that was my favorite of the entire book.

ElRenoRaven

Voltron64 said:

I dunno. As vocal as groups like Halogaf are, there are probably a hundred times more that play and enjoy the game. We want to think we're the majority but we really aren't and hell even half of Halogaf loves the game for the most part.

Vire

Gui_PT said:
Oh God...

I'm done.

Edit: You know what, no I'm not.

You can want it to sound like Halo. But you can't IMMEDIATELY HATE IT AND SAY IT'S TRASH JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T. You heard a goddamn snippet of a song we don't even know if it's going to be in the game or not.

Give it time before you hate something. It's like you people are Hate Bots or something. Programmed to hate something different.
I'm not "hating" I just said I don't like the music in trailer. I'm only judging what they have shown so far, not what potentially is coming.

Voltron64 said:

How is that a contradiction? Are you sure you're reading it correctly?

The vocal minority is the minority of the Halo playerbase. That means that the majority of current Halo players do not belong to this group. Halo Reach is still the 3rd most popular game on Xbox Live. Reach is still extremely popular.

PooBone said:
I think she's fantastic. Love her writing style. She did a short story in Halo: Evolutions that was my favorite of the entire book.
Good to hear. I stopped reading after Onix, Nylund was still a good writer but the passion seemed absent.

Toddler said:
I can see a very short (obviously) glimpse of what looks like the Chief's armor, mixed with the velocity effect that makes the viewers angle seem like they're traveling pretty fast towards and finally focusing then blacking out with the bright red light.

Check out the youtube, the higher res might help you see it.
Sorry man, but I don't see this glimpse of the Chief's armor. Where is it?
delta25 said:
how was it proved that it wasn't real?
Frankie said it wasn't.

ElRenoRaven

Vire said:
I'm not "hating" I just said I don't like the music in trailer. I'm only judging what they have shown so far, not what potentially is coming.

Yup. I don't get where people saying that we're hating the music get that from. It's been said that the music is nice. It just doesn't sound like Halo. There is a difference between not thinking something fits and hating it. Also I do agree that we all need to wait and see what the actual soundtrack is like before judging. However I don't see anyone writing off the Halo 4 soundtrack yet. Hell we all agree that nobody knows if that's even going to be used in Halo 4. I really think we're just getting some wires crossed here and everyone is getting upset over misunderstandings.

lybertyboy said:

Needed a more thorough analysis of those toilet specs but otherwise I was quite pleased by what I heard and saw today. Now excuse me while I go analyze the last 2.5 seconds of that teaser ;)

Voltron64

PsychoRaven said:
I dunno. As vocal as groups like Halogaf are, there are probably a hundred times more that play and enjoy the game. We want to think we're the majority but we really aren't and hell even half of Halogaf loves the game for the most part.
My friends list says otherwise. All of my friends won't touch Halo...sad times. Thank God for HaloGAF or I'd be gone too, there's no way I'd play this game alone.

delta25 said:
how was it proved that it wasn't real?

it was deconfirmed back with the fake aerospace stuff i think, it also use images from the web looks obviously fake and is in 3rd person when its been confirmed halo 4 is in 1st.

And its called Halo Nemesis, if that didnt give it away i dont know what would.

Vire

Positives from the Panel:
+ Confirmed that the Forerunner planet is a living breathing and active place.
+ Cortana will struggle with her issues of rampancy
+ Concept art is striking and beautiful, it evokes classic Halo style.
+ Sound Effects teaser was interesting, albeit not very informative

Negatives from Panel:
- They hardly showed anything and remained extremely secretive about the whole ordeal even though they claim they have been working on it for years.
- Every interesting panel question was batted down with a non-answer.
- The music shown in the trailer was absolutely not in Halo form. I've made myself clear about this point already.
- At the end of the day, what they showed did not hype me and inspire great confidence in 343. If there was a gameplay teaser this may have been a different story. I remain skeptical until further notice.

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
it was deconfirmed back with the fake aerospace stuff i think, it also use images from the web looks obviously fake and is in 3rd person when its been confirmed halo 4 is in 1st.

And its called Halo Nemesis, if that didnt give it away i dont know what would.

Yup. Copy and paste tools were used a shit on those pictures too. Photoshop gaf pointed that out and it really did stand out.

Toddler

Dax01 said:
Sorry man, but I don't see this glimpse of the Chief's armor. Where is it?
Best shot I could get:

VlNcV.jpg

That's what I thought you were referring to, but that doesn't look like the Chief's armor to me. At least, that wasn't what came to mind the first time I saw it.

Top Bottom