• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Awesome audience question #13:

"With the Bungie transition, any big challenges?"

"Industrial toilet replacement"

Awesome audience question #14:

"Will Master Chief's origin be in the new story?"

"Potentially"

ElRenoRaven

Vire said:
How so? They haven't said jack shit or shown anything...

Not yet. They however have given insight into the studio itself. It really truly seems like they are trying their damnedest to live up to the standards the fans and Bungie have set for them. Also they've given some hints and minor details.

Loxley

Letters said:
Of course there will be Forge, they won't remove features, the real question should've been if they'll just let it ruin the matchmaking maps selection like Reach did, or even Halo 3 a little.

Following GAF's posts on my phone, seems like I'm not missing that much, might even consider skipping watching on youtube later

There definitely haven't been anything close to "OMG WTF" bombshells, 343's answers to the interesting/intelligent questions have pretty much been all "we can't talk about that yet" and their answers to the stupid questions have just been "lolz no".

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
HUUUUUGE mistake if they don't do a public beta. An unproven studio needs to prove itself.
They also have a fan base to win back after Reach. We will see if they announce a beta soon though I guess.

S1kkZ

finally, more of johns origin. hopefully some stuff from "the fall of reach" will make it into the game (flashbacks?).

senador

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
HUUUUUGE mistake if they don't do a public beta. An unproven studio needs to prove itself.

I would guess they will, they just aren't talking about it at this time. That's totally reasonable too. They just took over officially from Bungie. Working on CEA out the door, Halo 4 just getting public, HaloFest. Surely they'll look into more details after this.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do a beta. Perhaps they'd favor the approach of shipping how they think it should be then reacting quickly to feedback. Betas many times set many people up for disappointment on both sides.

feel

More than proving themselves, it's a huge faux pas not having a beta for a big multiplayer title nowadays with all the publicity and word of mouth it generates.

but seriously, screw ign, I should be following this stream with the rest of you on my shit connection with which I've seen a million other streams smoothly... :_ (

Letters said:
More than proving themselves, it's a huge faux pas not having a beta for a big multiplayer title nowadays with all the publicity and word of mouth it generates.
cod doesn't get a beta and that is like the biggest game.

Kibbles

Stream is freaking terrible. Didn't get to see most of that end bit. Oh well, just concept art. Concept art always look quite a bit different from the game.

Top Bottom