• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

PsychoRaven said:
Late September sometime with beta hoppers in Oct sometime. No firm date yet due to having to go through certification still.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would the beta hoppers come out after the TU?

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:
You know, that mini Spartan or whatever the hell that thing is, is probably an Easter egg.
Well considering the helmets match up I doubt its just that. Could be though, we will find out soon enough.

Farooq

Banned
Dax01 said:
That doesn't make any sense. Why would the beta hoppers come out after the TU?

I guess you could probably test some of the gametypes out in custom games.

Edit: But then how would you get the gametypes? Which means, you would have to wait for the Beta playlist. Unless.... they release the gametypes a little early. But they probably won't do that.

Ken said:
Anyone have a list of silly/dumb questions asked at the panels?

I should have wrote down some of the ones from Friday, I think my brain put a lock on them though, I just remember them being really stupid. Can't remember specifics at the moment.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Well considering the helmets match up I doubt its just that. Could be though, we will find out soon enough.
Your obsession with that new (ugly) helmet in a game that already has like 20 helmets, is a little worrying.

gungrave45 said:
I love how the halo 4 panel was a panel about a game they could not divulge any details about. I WANT A NEW HALO 4 TRAILER.
Still got tibits, this is Halo its always like this when a new Halo is coming out.

Korosenai

PsychoRaven said:
Late September sometime with beta hoppers in Oct sometime. No firm date yet due to having to go through certification still.
So we will have the TU in sep., but wont get a no bloom playlist til oct.? Thats kind of dumb.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Your obsession with that new (ugly) helmet in a game that already has like 20 helmets, is a little worrying.
I wouldn't wear it (ODST or GUNGNIR for me) I just want to know what it is all about. No harm in curiosity over something that has appeared twice that we know nothing about yet.

Oh now I remember one of the questions from Friday was asking if everyone's ranks and credits were to be reset when the TU hits or something. I was like why the fuck would they do that, think about it, and next time don't run up to ask something so silly.

Farooq

Banned
Devolution said:
I should have wrote down some of the ones from Friday, I think my brain put a lock on them though, I just remember them being really stupid. Can't remember specifics at the moment.

I know one was about can you perform Reach assassinations in the CEA campaign. And another was about the assassination animation cancelling, asked by a 12 year old.

Two more wasted questions.

ElRenoRaven

Syphon Filter said:
Small one's and hints such as forerunner structure being in,forge returning,etc

Yup. Mainly just some hints. They had a good video showing the sound guys at work recording explosions and stuff.

Farooq said:
I know one was about can you perform Reach assassinations in the CEA campaign. And another was about the assassination animation cancelling, asked by a 12 year old.

Two more wasted questions.

That kid has asked about 3 dumb questions between different panels.

*Edited* I should be nicer. He is just a kid after all.

clav

Syphon Filter said:
Small one's and hints such as forerunner structure being in,forge returning,etc
At this point I think it's going to be a launch game for 720.

No in-game footage was shown.

ElRenoRaven

claviertekky said:

Not unless they push it back a lot. Also they'd have to then work on porting everything over to the 720.

claviertekky said:

Halo has always been like this. It is announced and then takes a long time to show footage. It's for 360,next xbox won't be out till fall 2013 at the earliest and this is out next fall.

Ken

Devolution said:
Oh now I remember one of the questions from Friday was asking if everyone's ranks and credits were to be reset when the TU hits or something. I was like why the fuck would they do that, think about it, and next time don't run up to ask something so silly.
Lol thanks.

Those kinds of questions, to me, are like Bungie.net threads come to life.

Ken said:
Lol thanks.

Those kinds of questions, to me, are like Bungie.net threads come to life.

No shit, I'm sure people who are still working towards certain armor/ranks would just love to be reset back a year.

clav

Syphon Filter said:
Trust me this is for next fall,Microsoft has a gears and Halo each fall for the most part.
We'll see what happens next year.

I thought there was some Kinect functionality for Halo CEA. Haven't heard anything about it aside from that slip-up a few months ago.

wwm0nkey said:
the armor?

here is a picture, it matches the one we saw in Defiant

grd.jpg

I cant make that out at all, However i wanted someone to ask about that armour.

wwm0nkey

OuterWorldVoice said:
Halo MP has XBL included in the box. And mods for everyone.
awww yeah time to kill noobs with my wall hacks!

StalkerUKCG said:
Frankie, i know this is unlikely but any info on the armour from the defiant map pack pics?
He wont answer that trust me lol

Toddler

Syphon Filter said:
Trust me this is for next fall,Microsoft has a gears and Halo each fall for the most part.
Not really that, but I don't see any developer sitting on a high profile game like Halo (that's already clocked in almost 2 years of dev time) till new hardware launches.

I'm just as eager for next gen Halo as anyone else, but Halo 4 isn't going to be it.

Gui_PT

StalkerUKCG said:
I cant make that out at all, However i wanted someone to ask about that armour.

I bet it's the same thing that falls through the water in damnation

...I know, it probably isn't.

ElRenoRaven

Gui_PT said:

I believe those are Grunts falling in Damnation aren't they? I could swear I remember a clear picture if one of them being a Grunt anyway.

So two things. No additional armor? So does that mean that mystery helmet is a bust? Hope to get some clarification sooner rather than later. Also, no former Headlong reveal? Oops IGN, big oops. =P

Karl2177

PsychoRaven said:
I believe those are Grunts falling in Damnation aren't they? I could swear I remember a clear picture if one of them being a Grunt anyway.
No. People just bitched and argued about what it was to no end. There was no clear definitive picture to end it. (Even though quite clearly, it is the swimming dead grunt animation.)

wwm0nkey

We will find out about the armor in due time.

Whats more important now is grenade nerfs and movement speed, would like to hear if thats effected in the TU.

Gui_PT said:

Its not, thats which you are talking about is the forever and the never, it exists within they ether at no single point in time. Its the light in the dark and the shadow in the glow, getting slower and slower yet always speeding up. Its as dense as quark-gluon plasma and as light as dust.

Its just a dead spartan

1. it makes zero sense to launch a new console with your main franchise, the limited install base hurts overall franchise growth/sustainability and those launch consoles will sell through regardless

2. every panel should have these rules

a. no stupid introductions, nobody cares who you are or what forum you post on, you can try to have those conversations on a personal level with the panel members via other means

b. one question, if you start to ask a 2nd you get cut off, if you ask a question already asked the panel should only respond with "we've already answered that"

GodfatherX said:
1. it makes zero sense to launch a new console with your main franchise, the limited install base hurts overall franchise growth/sustainability and those launch consoles will sell through regardless

2. every panel should have these rules

a. no stupid introductions, nobody cares who you are or what forum you post on, you can try to have those conversations on a personal level with the panel members via other means

b. one question, if you start to ask a 2nd you get cut off, if you ask a question already asked the panel should only respond with "we've already answered that"

I get what your saying but its a bit, strict and arrogant. The panels where for the community's sake i quite liked hearing people introduce themselves and say hey and what forum they where from.

Repeated questions happen its a problem with multi panels on different days, and yes multi question people where a tad annoying some guy had 3 i remember and was about to ask a 4th until david stopped him but at the end of the day its all fun and games just roll with it (within reason)

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
TGS and Spike VGAs.
TGS or the launch of the TU would be the only good times to show off Hang Em High and Headlong. I fully expect a Halo 4 trailer at the VGAs sadly that means I will have to sit through a bunch of stupid shit again -_-

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
TGS or the launch of the TU would be the only good times to show off Hang Em High and Headlong. I fully expect a Halo 4 trailer at the VGAs sadly that means I will have to sit through a bunch of stupid shit again -_-

Yea. The VGAs are just awful awful awful to watch. I usually just DVR and fast forward till something good pops up. So usually just 5 minutes and done. lol

Top Bottom