• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

Tunavi

Banned
Dax01 said:
MP achievements for Anniversary. :(
armor lock on a classic map. 343 gamer score.
Syphon Filter said:
backpain-1277406949.jpg
You are the same one who said, "YOU MAD?" when Mr Big complained about forge maps. I don't know who you are but I don't like you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Walk in to Halo Anniversary Multiplayer Panel.

Get angry and ask why there is no multiplayer in Halo Anniversary.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
No, he's right. Multiplayer achievements and even badly thought of challenges have a way of adversely affecting the game.

Seriously these game panels need question screeners.

They really fucking do. I mean seriously how do you attend Halofest and not know the fucking game has Halo Reach's online multi-fucking-player?

Karl2177 said:
Fuck you last question.

I was about 20 minutes late to that panel. Did they discuss the OP Banshee at all?

Nope. Not a word. Really it seems like they aren't touching vehicles at all.

feel

I get a feeling the panel is about to end and there's still zero info on the Classic playlists and the actual Anniversary multiplayer?

Farooq

Banned
I really hope no bloom is popular. Even if it fucks with the sandbox and makes all other weapons except power weapons obsolete.

That is what highly competitive games devolve into anyway.

Letters said:
I get a feeling the panel is about to end and there's still zero info on the Classic playlists?

The only info I gleaned is that they are trying to make the magnum as close as possible to the Halo 1 pistol but they're not quite there yet.

Hey You

Thought we would hear about the last officially unannounced map at the panel.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh god. MLG guy who asked question that makes no sense. Why doesn't Anniversary have online play?

Anniversary has online dumbshit!!!
That was the stupidest question I heard asked this whole weekend,. Took over #1 spot from Modding on XBL.

Shouldn't people know what panel they are walking into? Its called Halo Anniversary Multiplayer, dumbass.

Dax01 said:
Truth. Halo 3 had the worst MP achievements ever. Double kill with a Spartan Laser in a FFA game? Go f--k yourself Bungie. Reach was MUCH better in regards to achievements but they are always atleast two or three that require you to do something ridiculous. I can predict it now...

Eagle Eye - 10GS - Shoot a traveling rocket with the sniper and get a triple kill with the explosion.

PsychoRaven said:
Nope. Not a word. Really it seems like they aren't touching vehicles at all.

Casuals.

But seriously if you're not all that into the game you probably shouldn't be asking questions at Panel. Also, honestly, fuck the people asking dumb kiss ass questions of the devs too. There were so many unanswered good questions that could have been asked instead, it's almost infuriating.

I'm glad to hear that they're experimenting with slight reductions in the bloom. I'm all for a clasisc playlist with no bloom and other playlists that have a reduced bloom.

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Why did no one ask about that weird armor we saw on the floor of Battle Creek or grenade nerfs or player movement!?

Because the fucking braindead morons are too quick to run up to the front of the line that the people who might as a real question are few and far between and most don't get to ask a question.

Devolution said:
Casuals.

But seriously if you're not all that into the game you probably shouldn't be asking questions at Panel. Also, honestly, fuck the people asking dumb kiss ass questions of the devs too. There were so many unanswered good questions that could have been asked instead, it's almost infuriating.

Oh I'm with you there. I'll be honest. My blood is boiling right now at how stupid that last question is. It's a prime example of just being a complete and utter dumb piece of shit.

clav

wwm0nkey said:
Why did no one ask about that weird armor we saw on the floor of Battle Creek or grenade nerfs or player movement!?
Because most people don't care about balance, which is sad.

If there's an exploit that makes the game OP but fun for them, then they won't mention it because they "discovered" it.

clashfan

PNut said:
I'm not sure how it's possible to be at HaloFest and not know that. omg.

Maybe he was taking about multilplayer using CE code? I don't know that was really confusing ending to the panel...

Voltron64

Devolution said:
Casuals.

Player movement? Jump height? Classic motion tracker? DMR zoom distance? Grenades? SMH.

wwm0nkey

StalkerUKCG said:
Pic or link to weird armour
I really dont want to go digging through the Halo Reach OT to find it lol

its basically the same armor we saw in defiant but it wasn't being worn, it was just on the ground laying there.

Butane123

clashfan said:
Maybe he was taking about multilplayer using CE code? I don't know that was really confusing ending to the panel...
That's what I figured he was talking about...

I wish someone would of asked about playlist management with the inclusion of CEA stuff.

Farooq

Banned
I want to know what was on the table and what got cut.

Was changing grenade arc/damage/fuse on the table?

Was changing movement speed, acceleration etc.. on the table?

Changing characteristics of how the vehicles handle, was that on the table?

Dax01 said:
How will this work? Aren't the MP maps pretty much a Reach expansion ? I thought (probably mistakenly) the CEA disc contained only the SP stuff and maps for Reach. In that case, wouldn't the achievements be added to Reach ?

Anyway, MP achievements are fucking stupid and bring out the worst in people.

I wonder how the achievements will work if there is multiplayer ones. They will probably integrate the multiplayer achievements into the last of the Reach 1750 and keep the 1000 for CEA for single player.

ElRenoRaven

Butane123 said:
That's what I figured he was talking about...

I wish someone would of asked about playlist management with the inclusion of CEA stuff.

I really don't think he was because when they said it included Reach's multiplayer he went "Oh" like he didn't have a clue that it did.

wwm0nkey

It would be cool if Frankie or David could answer some of our questions on here about the TU when they get back on, not expecting an answer for that armor but I at least want to know about grenades and movement speed.

Farooq

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
I really don't think he was because when they said it included Reach's multiplayer he went "Oh" like he didn't have a clue that it did.

Even then, they already answered why they didn't want to include a remake of the classic multiplayer.

It was a wasted question either way. And arguing about it won't change their minds, with CEA releasing in November.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
It would be cool if Frankie or David could answer some of our questions on here about the TU when they get back on, not expecting an answer for that armor but I at least want to know about grenades and movement speed.
What was the panel all about?? Did they spend an hour announcing the stuff that was on the videos from Friday instead of clearing all the confusion regarding CEA disc's multiplayer?

Natiko

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
What exactly is this about? Link?

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
What was the panel all about?? Did they spend an hour announcing the stuff that was on the videos from Friday instead of clearing all the confusion regarding CEA disc's multiplayer?

There were some very interesting tidbits but yea. Most of it was explaining again why they made the choices they did for the thousandth time.

Farooq said:
Even then, they already answered why they didn't want to include a remake of the classic multiplayer.

It was a wasted question either way. And arguing about it won't change their minds, with CEA releasing in November.

Yup. I may not agree with it and do want the classic multiplayer but at this point they have made their case and it is what it is. If I don't like that I don't have to buy anything. If I am ok with it then I can. Luckily while I am not happy about it I don't have a problem at all with what we are getting because even though it's not what I wanted, it's a damn amazing package we're getting and there is enough that makes me glad I preordered the damn thing.

Farooq said:

Pretty much. It's already been discussed to death everywhere there is a Halo topic, it should be old news. Nah let's just dredge it up again when it's absolutely pointless to instead of asking legitimate questions about the TU comin' out. The news so far and the images have made me really happy but god damn the questions at the panels have left me dumbfounded.

I know Reach ranking system will not change but I wish ranks went back to Halo 3 style. I liked seeing my number rank. I want to see my 50. I am no where near as competitive in Reach as I was in the past Halos because of this. I need my carrot.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
There were some very interesting tidbits but yea. Most of it was explaining again why they made the choices they did for the thousandth time.
Dammit.

Sooo.... when's the next event where CEA will be in?? I really thought the Anniversary Classic multiplayer would be extensively explained and demoed at PAX.. :/

Top Bottom