• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, The future of Halo

clav

Man, everyone knows that if 343 just copy pasta Lockout from Halo 2 even with no textures changed people will be happy.

ElRenoRaven

Certain Affinity was working on Timberland remake when doing Hang Em High for and the other for Halo 2 but it didn't make the cut then.

Beach Landing was considered for Firefight.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Forerunners could definitely be interesting enemies if done with some character, as long as they aren't like the shit sentinels in the other games....I love halo as much as the next guy but the Sentinels were pretty terrible enemies, no personality whatsoever and fighting them was not fun at all.

ElRenoRaven

Interesting planning for the TU started before Reach even shipped at 343. Loving watching the ODSTs go at it with the covies on the firefight map.

ElRenoRaven

BTW guys Arthur from IGN wanted me to pass this along.

aegies said:
@ThePsychoRaven I can't get on wireless in the fest theater, so please let people know to tweet me if there's a stream problem.

They're also saying in panel that play the beta hoppers and post feedback in the waypoint forums. www.halowaypoint.com/tu

Now going to Q&A.

MrBig

Natiko said:
TU stuff isn't user configurable..makes me worry that a lot of the broken shit with custom games won't be fixed :(
There are only certain instances that cannot be configured at the user end. Most of it will be available through gametype setting.

feel

Just got home.

Stream still unwatchable for me with the buffering and autosyncing.

Please keep posting everything that's happening guys!

ElRenoRaven

Nice someone asking if adding the Plasma rifles stun was ever considered to come back in TU and it was on the list but did not make it. Oh hell yea might be very little to no DMR in classic. Woot Woot

Natiko

Banned
MrBig said:
There are only certain instances that cannot be configured at the user end. Most of it will be available through gametype setting.
Have they said anything regarding stuff like juggernaut being broken?

ElRenoRaven

Natiko said:
Have they said anything regarding stuff like juggernaut being broken?

Not yet. Much better forge support for these maps. larger palette.

Oh god the kid again that asks stupid questions.

Will you fix assasignation lag aka the animation canceling of it.

Gui_PT

"I want to watch the full assassination animation when I assassinate someone. Sometimes the assassination animation animation stops halfway through. WILL YOU FIX THAT?!?"

:lol :lol

Vire

Letters said:
Argh what??

What was it??
They said that the Halo CEA Maps will be available as DLC nearly right after Halo CEA launches. Which is good news for me since I didn't want the campaign.

ElRenoRaven

Very nice philosophy on how they handled the aesthetics of the maps. The more simple it was the more they improved and updated the look. The more detailed it was the more they tried to keep it true to the original look wise.

Now asking if they ever thought about firefight map with flood.

They knew Bungie was thinking about it and they were indeed thinking about it too and it would be awesome to do.

Natiko

Banned
Dax01 said:
Absolutely not. MP achievements are never fun. Especially the ones we've gotten.
I haven't had a problem with any of the Reach ones. Some of the Halo 3 ones were fucked but I've enjoyed the Reach ones.

Dax01 said:
Absolutely not. MP achievements are never fun. Especially the ones we've gotten.
backpain-1277406949.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Natiko said:
I haven't had a problem with any of the Reach ones. Some of the Halo 3 ones were fucked but I've enjoyed the Reach ones.
Stockpile ones are impossible. I don't get Stockpile matches, and if i do (i can't remember the last time anymore), my team mates run around like headless chickenes and kill themselves and quit.

Natiko

Banned
Woorloog said:
Stockpile ones are impossible. I don't get Stockpile matches, and if i do (i can't remember the last time anymore), my team mates run around like headless chickenes and kill themselves and quit.
I got all of them literally within a few days of them coming out and the only one I had to try for was stealing flags out of the enemy capture zone. Got the other stockpile one on accident with my friends lol

ElRenoRaven

Oh god. MLG guy who asked question that makes no sense. Why doesn't Anniversary have online play?

Anniversary has online dumbshit!!!

Syphon Filter said:

No, he's right. Multiplayer achievements and even badly thought of challenges have a way of adversely affecting the game.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh god. MLG guy who asked question that makes no sense. Anniversary has online dumbshit!!!

Seriously these game panels need question screeners.

Top Bottom