• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

tommib

So sick and tired of the antisemitic BS being found across all of gaming and popular culture. I can’t read any manga without seeing hundreds of pro Hamas messages. Gaming streams are filled with “free Palestine” and “from the river to the sea”. Cunts waving the flag of a country that openly promotes anti-lgbt and genocide while claiming it is the Israelis who are the ones doing such. Fucking idiocy everywhere.
Just wait until the next ND game. Druckman being Jewish and born in the Tel Aviv is going to ignite the biggest shit show this medium has seen. Part II already had accusations of being Zionist propaganda.

No jews will be spared by the far-left.

Last edited:
Is she paying more than 50% of your rent? It sounds like she can move to greener pastures either way.

I think you are playing up the homeless angle a little here if she lives with you and not vice versa.

It sounds like you need to sort out a better flat mate and you are kind of being held hostage to her way of life.
Politics has made everyone crazy these days. People are this openly opinionated about highly divisive topics because they're so convinced that they're right, that none of their friends could possibly disagree with them, because everything is now painted in the most existential us vs them terms imaginable. And it's been happening for years.

I don't think you should be encouraging people to step into that mess when you don't have to pay a price for them doing so. And what if Dark found a new roommate who shared all of his political beliefs, but it turned out that they were often late with the rent, or they were a slob, or they were an awful roommate for a number of other reasons?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Politics has made everyone crazy these days. People are this openly opinionated about highly divisive topics because they're so convinced that they're right, that none of their friends could possibly disagree with them, because everything is now painted in the most existential us vs them terms imaginable. And it's been happening for years.

I don't think you should be encouraging people to step into that mess when you don't have to pay a price for them doing so. And what if Dark found a new roommate who shared all of his political beliefs, but it turned out that they were often late with the rent, or they were a slob, or they were an awful roommate for a number of other reasons?
Bingo. Despite her political views especially in regards to Israel, she is a pretty good person. She's treated me pretty well and she's been pretty understanding of my mental and physical health which is something that is rare. So despite the fact it does really irk me in regards to her beliefs about Israel committing genocide, she's been otherwise an exceptional roommate.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Personally I would rather take a roommate who is late with rent than a roommate who is an open antisemite.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
While it’s good to get updates on the crazies in the West, it feels like there’s barely any update these days on the actual shooting war to eradicate the Hamas scum.

what’s the news from Rafah? Is there an operational pause?
There is talk of a possible ceasefire but it's not yet clear how much of a chance there is for it to happen.

Edit: according to reports in Israel, it appears that both sides are taking the current offer seriously. We've had several serious attempts fall apart at the last minute, so nothing is certain yet.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just establish boundaries about politics talk.
so much this, as i've gotten older a few of my oldest closest mates have gone extreme right wing, so much so i simply removed myself from Facebook as it was becoming a fucking melt arguing with them but when we meet up, we never discuss politics and we all joke and chat like we just came out of a club in the 90's at a house party, Politics in 2024 is a fucking scourge and i blame the Russians using American technology to fuck with the West

tommib

so much this, as i've gotten older a few of my oldest closest mates have gone extreme right wing, so much so i simply removed myself from Facebook as it was becoming a fucking melt arguing with them but when we meet up, we never discuss politics and we all joke and chat like we just came out of a club in the 90's at a house party, Politics in 2024 is a fucking scourge and i blame the Russians using American technology to fuck with the West
I only talk about politics with my partner and a very close friend. No need to bring it up with anyone else. Change the subject. Talk about the weather. It’s quite easy to avoid it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I only talk about politics with my partner and a very close friend. No need to bring it up with anyone else. Change the subject. Talk about the weather. It’s quite easy to avoid it.
I think it's a delicate balancing act.
Life in Israel has taught me that serious political disagreements mostly tend to escalate the longer they are ignored.
You don't want to get to a point where different groups hold viewpoints which are so far apart they can no longer communicate with each other, because that's how you get hate and violence.

Obviously this doesn't mean your life should constantly revolve around politics either. Roommates are a case where living together isn't a long term arrangement in the first place, so it makes sense to keep it civil if things are otherwise ok.

StueyDuck

This is silly. You are talking extremes here.

99% of normal people won't act or be this way, if someone is scared of being homeless because they disagree with someone else's views that's a big deal. That's an abusive relationship.

Much like EviLore EviLore says, its best to have policies on not talking about politics. Or at least agreeing to not talk to deeply or passionately about it with others.

But dark is saying he's being forced to go vote when he doesnt want to and that he's terrified to say anything because he might become homeless. That is a toxic relationship, I'm sorry if she's a good person then politics shouldn't matter.

It sounds super toxic to me, but maybe we are being painted a picture that is a little hyperbolic, as to how much these political views affect their lives.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is silly. You are talking extremes here.

99% of normal people won't act or be this way, if someone is scared of being homeless because they disagree with someone else's views that's a big deal. That's an abusive relationship.

Much like EviLore EviLore says, its best to have policies on not talking about politics. Or at least agreeing to not talk to deeply or passionately about it with others.

But dark is saying he's being forced to go vote when he doesnt want to and that he's terrified to say anything because he might become homeless. That is a toxic relationship, I'm sorry if she's a good person then politics shouldn't matter.

It sounds super toxic to me, but maybe we are being painted a picture that is a little hyperbolic, as to how much these political views affect their lives.

If she was a good person, she would educate herself and not make antisemitic comments like “Israel is committing genocide”. She clearly isn’t and I honestly hope Dark can find a better roommate.

Darkmakaimura

If she was a good person, she would educate herself and not make antisemitic comments like “Israel is committing genocide”. She clearly isn’t and I honestly hope Dark can find a better roommate.
Absolutely she needs to educate herself. You will get no argument there. But she has been pretty nice to me and at least as of last night she knows I'm Jewish.

I've also heard her say in the past that she likes Jewish people and she's talking about the horrors of the Holocaust and what they did to Jews and other people.

So she's probably one of those people who is not quite anti-Semitic and doesn't equate Israel with Jewish people.

So I don't think she's being malicious so much as she is rather ignorant.

The problem with that is that the majority of Jewish people support Israel and at least as far as my belief goes, Israel IS rightfully the Jewish homeland.

So unfortunately it's a little bit more of a complicated situation. And to be honest I'm not going to be able to find another roommate who's going to be as understanding in regards to my disabilities and other issues that she is.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
As an aside, I'd like to add that I think it's funny (read: extremely hypocritical) that people berate Jews for supporting Israel's right to exist and defend itself, when Jews have no other country.

When someone tries to argue with me that Israel should be dismantled my reply to them is: "If you're against the policies of the single Jewish state, you should be advocating for the establishment of additional Jewish states in different regions of the world and with different politics. Then Jews would feel much safer condemning Israel because they wouldn't be weakening the only country that protects them."

Darkmakaimura

As an aside, I'd like to add that I think it's funny (read: extremely hypocritical) that people berate Jews for supporting Israel's right to exist and defend itself, when Jews have no other country.

When someone tries to argue with me that Israel should be dismantled my reply to them is: "If you're against the policies of the single Jewish state, you should be advocating for the establishment of additional Jewish states in different regions of the world and with different politics. Then Jews would feel much safer condemning Israel because they wouldn't be weakening the only country that protects them."
There is almost nothing worse than a Jewish person who is anti-Israel. They are traitors of the highest order as far as I'm concerned and they can all go fuck themselves.

Top Bottom