• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This preview and last preview:
So did we get trolled on the brain-eating shot?

I do believe so.

For now.

Speaking of spoilers...VERGER:
Margot and the eel in the same shot this episode. mhm.

Will Graham has been been through Shit.

- Psychological torture by Hannibal
- Forced fed a freaking ear
- Locked in a mental hospital
- Cut wide open in the stomach
- Thrown off a train
- Shot (doesn't seem so bad compared)
- Almost has his skull sawed off

When The Red Dragon Arc comes around I'm guessing he won't be the same Will Graham we know now.

- Thrown off a train

When The Red Dragon Arc comes around I'm guessing he won't be the same as of now
And now in the clutches of a bloodthirsty Mason Verger and his equally psychotic bald henchman.

gg will

Even if I weren't in the acceptance stage of this show's inevitable fate, I would have been now after that episode. So much incredible amazing and (in the case of the last 3 minutes) horrifying moments that you know Fuller didn't think for a second "this show's going on for years", and you know that if he does the first thing he'll think is how he'll raise the bar and horrify and amaze us anew.

Sticking on this ride to the end, and can't wait for the end of the storyline next episode.

- Thrown off a train

When The Red Dragon Arc comes around I'm guessing he won't be the same Will Graham we know now.

He already isn't the same Will we knew at the beginning of season 2. Every time we think he's been broken as far as he can be, something heals just so that can re-break.

Turin

Banned
Few actors are as exhilarating just having a conversation together as Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelson.

He already isn't the same Will we knew at the beginning of season 2. Every time we think he's been broken as far as he can be, something heals just so that can re-break.

Will just keeps coming back from the dead.

Bryan Fuller described Will this year as Frankenstien's monster. I guess after the end of this season he'd have been the Mummy.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That friends was a quality episode. I really didnt expect a lot of stuff to happen. They are fucking with the timelines from the books.

SArcher

Banned
I'm kind of feeling better about this show ending now that it's clear they managed to adapt both Hannibal (minus Clarice) and Red Dragon.

Leeness

Awesome episode.

Ugh, I love this show so much.

246.gif

Monocle

Oh wow, this show. Season 3 is delivering big time. Fantastic imagery in this episode, and finally all of the plot strands are coming together. I don't think I've seen a more intense meeting between two characters than Hannibal and Will at the gallery. All their history...the tension, the stakes. And then that final scene. Absolutely incredible.

AVClub commenter noted something I didn't see the first viewing:

I love the subtle ways Will and Hannibal have come closer to one another. Will is dressed better than Hannibal here. As well, Hannibal's hairstyle is looser, hanging in his eyes, like season 1 Will's, while Will's is more styled like season 1 Hannibal's. Less subtle, however, is both of their faces being beaten to hell.
"You and I have begun to blur" indeed.

Holy. Fuck.

This is the point where the gore gets too much for me. I nope'd out of the room at the end after he pulled that saw out of the box. I didn't see most of the last few minutes since I didn't want to see which end of the table he walked to... even though I pretty much knew :x

Jesus. Jee-suhz.

Hey Icarus, weren't you writing something of uh, relevance? To what happened
kaleidoscopily
in this episode? Just wonderinggg :>

Not even gonna bother with full sentences

- alana/margot sex scene jesus christ that was weird and hot
- cordell is fucking creepy love it
- new mason is killing it with the creeps and laughs
- margot/mason scene was bizarrely funny in all the wrong ways
- will/hannibal meetup scene was literally the most homosexual thing i've ever seen on television and this is an episode with literal vaginal imagery during a lesbian sex scene
- seriously that was gayer than every gay sex scene on hbo
- chiyoh is a fucking heartbreaker
- based bedelia, gillian is a goddamn queen
- based mason and his muskrat farm
- fucking cutting will's head jesus christ
- wtf happened with jack

Corpekata

Banned
Kinda feel like they should've taken some of the slower moments in past episodes to try and finagle setting up Alana and Margot a bit more. They've had like one scene with each other this season on their own and you can see Margot eyeing Alana up but that's about it.

Turin

Banned
Looks like the band's getting back together next week. :)

You just know that so much fucked up shit is going to happen at Vergers place.

-will/hannibal meetup scene was literally the most homosexual thing i've ever seen on television

Huh. I wasn't really picking up any homoeroticism. Fuller's been more deliberate about it before.

Perhaps I'm just daft. :p

Just in case anyone forgot, this show reminded us tonight that it is on some next. level. shit.

I assume the next episode is going to open with the second half of that dinner scene, featuring an epic Hannibal vs. Verger's men vs. Chiyoh showdown. I would not be surprised if Jack does not survive it.

Monocle

Huh. I wasn't really picking up any homoeroticism. Fuller's been more deliberate about it before.

Perhaps I'm just daft. :p
Same here, actually. Given their history and the circumstances of when they'd last seen each other, I was all wrapped up in what an awesome fateful moment it was.

The dialogue between Will and Hannibal in tonight's Hannibal was gayer than the actual gay sex that happened in the episode.

This is hilariously on-point. I expected them to finally get together just for a moment.

Coincidentally, the Margot and Alana sex scene was incredibly trippy and disturbing. What a magnificent sequence.

EDIT: Regarding the preview for the next episode:
Are we going to get a 'The Silence of The Lambs'-like escape sequence with slight alterations?

(spoilers for the season plan, preview, and Hannibal spoilers)
Although we know he'll have to get caught for Red Dragon the following episode, and likewise Mason is going to have to meet the eel. It seems to me like Alana and Margot will perform the eel moment, Alana will make good on her promise to call the FBI. Hannibal will have a Silence of the Lamb-esque escape sequence, and the FBI will arrive to capture him in time.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to mention, some of the music from last night's episode was so tragic and beautiful. I'm going to miss this show for the music alone.

Amazing episode. Everything coming together so quickly.

Will and Hannibal are so perfect for each other. It's just a shame about the whole serial killer thing. It kind of puts a damper on their relationship.

I was losing my shit when it became obvious what Hannibal was doing with Will. The sudden cut to Muskrat Farm was hilarious. I imagine we'll probably see the actual capture next week, but I'm fine if we don't. The show has already given me enough to mentally fill in that gap.

Didn't expect Margot and Alana to be romantically involved, but I'm glad they are. That was pretty hot. It I'm tempted to start a Tumblr page about them. Or at least one about Katharine Isabelle.

I loved Cordell and Mason's little taste test. The Peking Duck sequence was pretty gruesome, even for this show's standards.

I'm surprised Bedelia managed to make it out alive.

Hannibal, the movie spoiler:

I will be disappointed if Fuller doesn't recreate the
Hannibal carrying Clarice from the hog pen moment with Hannibal and Will.

Siegcram

I can't even talk about this show anymore, I just make guttural noises the whole way through.

Got caught up on the last three and HOLY shit. This is all I ever wanted.

more would be nice though #SaveHannibal

Moff

incredible and beautiful episde, among the best if not the best of the show.
season 3 is already easily my favourite one

-griffy-

Banned
Anyone find any gifs of that inky looking imagery as Will is drugged and Hannibal is preparing the meal and melting the butter? They really went full in on the visuals this episode, pulling tricks they've used in past episodes (the kind of blurry, shallow wandering focus for drugged POV's, faces fading into faces) and stuff I've never seen before in TV/film (that inky stuff, that freaking sex scene, the skull sawing with the blood and Will's head vibrating in step with the camera and the blood impossibly slowing down and hanging almost motionless in the air as the background action continues in almost realtime before we keep pulling out until it becomes a reflection in a single drop of blood on the reverse angle as more drops fly away from the camera wtf).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to mention, some of the music from last night's episode was so tragic and beautiful. I'm going to miss this show for the music alone.

the music when Will and Hannibal are talking in the museum was perfect. It sounded like a Brian Eno score or something. It reminded me of the end of Traffic.

also, the way Chiyoh says "Hannibal" is my favorite thing

Top Bottom