• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Watching now.

Loving everything Bedelia is doing.

Also, nice to have Chiyoh interact with someone other than Will.

New Mason really came into his own.

Holy shit, is this the S2 finale music playing at the Hannibal/Will reunion??

EDIT: Man, I have missed the Hannibal-Will relationship.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
the music when Will and Hannibal are talking in the museum was perfect.

also, the way Chiyoh says "Hannibal" is my favorite thing

That's exactly the piece I was thinking of.

So speaking of Chiyoh and the next episode so POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
Margot wants to hand Mason to the FBI, so what if CHIYOH shoves the eel down Verger's throat?

GtwoK

This episode mostly bored me and the fact that it did makes me sad. I could tell it was a really great episode because of the plot, but the dialogue was dead boring.

Also did anyone else find it near impossible to hear most of the dialogue this episode? The music was 4 times as loud. Couldn't hear a damn thing for the most part.

Another fantastic episode.

This butter to dining table transition blew my mind, god damn it is so good.

oI1cvDy.gif

Also did anyone else find it near impossible to hear most of the dialogue this episode? The music was 4 times as loud. Couldn't hear a damn thing for the most part.
This has been the case since I started watching.

The audio mix is terribly imbalanced for such a magnificently produced soundscape - the music is a boom and the dialogue is a whisper. Has nothing to do with Mads' accent either.

I just watch with closed captioning, and it's the only show I need them for.

GtwoK

Sounded fine to me.

I listened with earbuds but had no issue hearing dialogue.

This has been the case since I started watching.

The audio mix is terribly imbalanced for such a magnificently produced soundscape - the music is a boom and the dialogue is a whisper. Has nothing to do with Mads' accent either.

I just watch with closed captioning, and it's the only show I need them for.

Actually, just noticed I had accidentally hit the button on my speakers that's supposed to emulate surround sound on a stereo sound source. I was watching a surround sound source, so I think it probably just mixed up the channels and I heard the ones with more music than talking. Probably explains it!

Asbel

Fantastic ending. Poor Will. Stop putting that penis on a pedestal Will. Shouldn't have went alone. That whole museum scene was very uncomfortable. Like watching sappy young love displaying their PDA. "If I saw you everyday forever.." And then.. Kiss! Oh for fuck sakes just kiss already. And that lesbian scene was awful. Fake TV orgasms are bad enough, the effects just made it look goofy.

Blader

So wait, did I miss something?

How did it go from Hannibal sawing into Will's head to them being in a pig van and on Verger's farm?

What the fuck?

Yeah that jump annoyed me. I assume they're going to fill in the gap at the beginning of the next episode, but it felt like they're really rushing to wrap up this arc.

Yeah that jump annoyed me. I assume they're going to fill in the gap at the beginning of the next episode, but it felt like they're really rushing to wrap up this arc.
This is, IMO, why the first two episodes of this season feel like so much dead air. They could have been compressed into one episode, and this last stretch could have had more time to breathe.

Wiktor

You know...I've thought I've accepted it ending at S3, but then I saw this episode and I realised how much I was bullshiting myself. I do not want to end :(

LordAmused

Anybody knows where I could find the Alana+Margot kaleidoscopic scene? I'm trying to find it for a friend of mine but no luck so far :(

They foreshadowed that bonesaw coming out pretty clearly in the episode a couple times, didn't they. Jack telling Will he needs to "cut that" out of him, Hannibal & Will's silhouettes appearing in a shot with the tops of their heads gone...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
They foreshadowed that bonesaw coming out pretty clearly in the episode a couple times, didn't they. Jack telling Will he needs to "cut that" out of him, Hannibal & Will's silhouettes appearing in a shot with the tops of their heads gone...
They foreshadowed it in an earlier episode, too, didn't they?

Perks of being a Canadian (not): Can't watch it :(

Oh, sorry. Dunno then!

Solo

No wonder people stopped watching the show got cancelled - this is not the show I couldn't plow throw 2 seasons worth of fast enough. It has been so far up its ass from the premiere and if anything has only lodged its head further up there. There are no characters anymore, just robots spouting stiff platitudes that sound like anything but how people talk. The Hannibal/Bedelia scenes are particularly painful and cringe inducing. What a fall from grace. I'll be pretending the S2 finale is the series finale unless somehow the back end of the season miraculously pulls out of the tailspin.

Finalow

^poster above is probably drunk

if only I knew that they were shooting some episodes in Florence I could have gone there easily, more precisely in 20 minutes or so with a car. *sadface*
some italian actors actually impressed me, they did much better than what I was expecting. also it's funny when you have american actors trying to pretend to be (or to be able to speak) italian, e.g. the lady from the news in this last episode.

WE MUST HARVEST THE SPERM
I laughed. and that sex scene sure was something.

this third season has been really good /and beautiful/ so far, top-notch direction and all.

Top Bottom