• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

-griffy-

Banned
Chilton, Alana, Jack. Fuller believes any wound can be mended with a cane and a dapper outfit.

I think you just made me realize Hannibal exists in the same universe as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:
giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I actually had the same question when I was rewatching the episode (I almost typed "finale," since that's what it felt like) since it looked like (?) his Achilles tendon had been slashed. Granted, he was using a cane, but still...that's really not an injury that you just walk off in a few days.

It's one of those nitpicky plot things, like a conspicuous Japanese woman carrying a sniper rifle through Florence or the woods of Virginia without arousing ire or suspicion, that I kind of raise an eyebrow towards but accept for the sake of allowing the rest of the story to unfold. Having Jack, Hannibal, and Will all present for that arrest was a perfect culmination of their three seasons of character arcs, especially in the way that Hannibal undermined everyone's desires out of a weird sort of tenderness and affection, by giving himself in - Will's desire to be free of him, Jack's desire to see Will be free and to allow Will to be the one to "catch" Hannibal - and ensuring his place at the periphery of their lives.
It was a semi-finale, so you're not quite wrong.

This is also not the first time Larry Fishburn pulled this off - remember in the Matrix, with Smith shot Morpheus in the leg with a .50 bullet, and yet when everyone's safe on top of that building, Morpheus is standing? "But En Ex, it's the Matrix, he just had to BELIEVE his leg was OK and convince his brain of that fact" ok so why didn't he free himself from the agents if that's the case? You know what the answer is? Fishburn's fictional characters have adamantium legs, this is why Clean dies in Apocalypse Now, because he wasn't shot in the foot.

So anyway...

Yeah with regards to Chiyoh, I kept wondering how on earth she got from Florence to Verger's so quickly, especially with that big gun of hers. Hasn't she spent a good deal of her life in the Lector mansion in Lithuania? I mean maybe the internet's really good up there.

And speaking of sniper rifle, how does Will even still have an arm?

Chilton, Alana, Jack. Fuller believes any wound can be mended with a cane and a dapper outfit.
Due to the above .gif, shall we call this the "Willy Wonka Defense"?

Hamlet

Finally got around to watching the latest episode and what a fantastic and crazy episode it is.
So many great moments. Loved Hannibal's smug grins throughout the dinner scene, poor Will though no pajama party for him heh.
So good.
7S01Jrb.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which, just where in the fuck is that new season of The Venture Bros? It's been ages since the special and years since the last season before that.
We're gonna get more VB before we get another season of Hannibal, if ever. What a weird thought.

I could totally see Hannibal being in the Guild of Calamanous Intent, arching Will.

Vitanimus

Finally got around to watching the latest episode and what a fantastic and crazy episode it is.
So many great moments. Loved Hannibal's smug grins throughout the dinner scene, poor Will though no pajama party for him heh.
So good.
7S01Jrb.gif

this makes me so h*rny
fire.gif

Just got caught up on last week's episode.

Are you f-in kidding me with the Verger babe?! I lol'd, this was just too funny and outrageous. Because of how this show has been, I'm disappointed they did not show the cutting up of the pig mommy and taking out the babe.

And of course this Hannibal would never get caught. The only way he'd end up behind bars is if he turned himself in. He's got such a mental hard on for Will. Interesting turn of events.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hannibal is totally
thinking up this singer inside of his mind palace right? Music is SOOOO good.

edit.
Human beer confirmed haha

Begaria

I guess everbody needs a hobby, though
scrapbooking
isn't exactly as exciting as cooking.

Edit: Yeesh, if Jack wasn't bad enough, his own wife is all like,
"Yeah, you should totally go do that thing that fucked you up 3 years ago again. It's totally cool."

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh shit.

Hannibal trying to steer Will away from the case. Unexpected. Meh he totally knows Will will come lol
. Molly is goddamn cute and likable though. Loving her.

Begaria

Guys, can I have a flashlight
that can look in to the past?

This episode feels very much like season 1 episodes.

Edit: GRAHAM
POWERS AAAAACTIVAAAAAAATE!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I have seen this scene a million times...but seeing it filtered through the lens of this incredible show...Holy shit.

Oh God, we never saw the kids getting killed. Holy shit that is grim as fuck

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Amazing episode. We've all seen this stuff. But seeing it with these amazing renditions of the characters....Oh man.

Top Bottom