• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

From the EW interview:

I know you were scrunched down to a more standard seven-day shooting schedule, then you fought for more days and eventually won that fight after you were already in production on the season.

That was definitely a huge battle this season that was unnecessarily exhausting. There were a lot of things that I said I needed if I was going to return for a third season. Those things were agreed upon. And then when we sat down to actually produce the show, it was with less money and more restrictions. It ended up blowing up in everybody’s faces, because it was an unrealistic approach to producing the season.

The hell are NBC/AXN/Gaumont/Di Laurenti thinking

ivysaur12

Banned
From the EW interview:

The hell are NBC/AXN/Gaumont/Di Laurenti thinking

That's a lot of production, which is a constant push and pull between the creatives, executives, and the line producer. And it's especially complicated because this show in particularly needs to be simultaneously low budget, yet also beautiful.

faceless! Welcome to the club. <3

Who is your favorite recurring secondary character (e.g. not in the title credits)?

Well I think I was part of the club for S1 but life intervened for S2, hence my late showing up.

I'm not sure I have a favorite character per se. I really enjoyed the show's take on Chilton not just because he added some needed levity to the proceedings, but because the actor managed to simultaneously channel parts of Anthony Heald's performance from the films, and give his own take that fit tonally within the operatic space of the show. A shame he's (probably) dead and if not, definitely locked up somewhere.

Incidentally, just listened to the Sepinwall podcast and they say this season has the most disturbing piece of imagery the show has ever seen. Better brace ourselves.

Well I think I was part of the club for S1 but life intervened for S2, hence my late showing up.

I'm not sure I have a favorite character per se. I really enjoyed the show's take on Chilton not just because he added some needed levity to the proceedings, but because the actor managed to simultaneously channel parts of Anthony Heald's performance from the films, and give his own take that fit tonally within the operatic space of the show. A shame he's (probably) dead and if not, definitely locked up somewhere.

Incidentally, just listened to the Sepinwall podcast and they say this season has the most disturbing piece of imagery the show has ever seen. Better brace ourselves.

I'm really wondering how they could top the silo . . .

Better head out and get me some WINE. Im all dried up over here.

xcJ3lr6.gif

uW144QL.gif

;)

Bryan Fuller's doing a Q and A on the Hannibal FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/NBCHannibal/posts/903814376308000?comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22O%22}

Taylor Walker I definitely want to know what direction we will go in season 4 if we don't get Silence of the Lambs rights! BUT BRYAN if we DID get the rights, would you consider casting Evan Rachel Wood as Clarice!?!?

Bryan Fuller: I would love to cast a non-white actress ideally.

Katie McGuire Bryan, do you consult at all with Thomas Harris for the show? I know he is incredibly private. If not, do you know what he thinks of the show?

Bryan Fuller: I'm told by Martha DeLaurentis, who keeps Mr. Harris in a steamer trunk at the foot of her bed, that he likes the show.

Becky Abelove What is the difference in the relationship between Hannibal and and Will compared to S2? What new characters will we be introduced to in S3?

Bryan Fuller: Season 1 is the BroMance, Season 2 is Ugly Break Up, Season 3 demonstrates that breaking up is hard to do.

Allen Porter: What philosophers have most influenced you and this show? Besides Nietzsche, obviously (that Nietzschean fish...)

Bryan Fuller: I love Viktor Frankl.

Gabriela Pagano: People are always wondering when Lee Pace is going to make a cameo in the show. Which character do you think he could play?

Bryan Fuller: He's made a great Buffalo Bill.

Elizabeth Adderley Have you thought about adapting your story of hannibal to comics, and if so would the story go longer then the planned televise series? Thanks

Bryan Fuller: YES! We have had those conversations. Stay tuned.

Tess Sheehey a lot of the characters on the show are associated with animal equivalents, what would Bedelia be associated with?

Bryan Fuller: A panther.

Man, I was poking through that AMA and you guys weren't kidding, Bryan is VERY LIBERAL with the info on what's going on this season! ACK!!!

I presume this will be going up on iTunes (I'm in Canada) the day after airing like season 2? That is basically my only easy way of watching it and it worked great last year.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bryan Fuller is a fan of The Walking Dead. I don't know what to feel right now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Clarice Starling should be Asian.

And now I'm hard-pressed to think of any Asian actresses.

461209654tzqxb.jpg

one of the two only bright points in Black Hat (yea, I saw it voluntarily in the theaters) Tang Wei. The english might be a rough go, but I think with the right coaching, she could do something unique for this show.

and now I peace the fudge out

Begaria

Is he eating in that man's house (cause that would be badass), or did he head back home? I can't quite tell.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is he eating in that man's house (cause that would be badass), or did he head back home? I can't quite tell.

I believe he is eating that man in that man's house.

461209654tzqxb.jpg

one of the two only bright points in Black Hat (yea, I saw it voluntarily in the theaters) Tang Wei. The english might be a rough go, but I think with the right coaching, she could do something unique for this show.

and now I peace the fudge out

Season 3 is European. Make Season 4 an Interpol affair and have a Chinese police officer interrogating Hannibal cause of a Chinese case. Asian Horror!

Clarice... Sun... Ling.

I'm joking.

Top Bottom