• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Zhao_Yun

I had that same issue. I believe the issue is that the trophy states you need to purchase 51 customization items, which means it probably doesn't count those items brought over when you transfer save data from Project Diva F/f. I wasn't able to obtain the trophy until I unlocked all the customization items in the game and purchased them.

Yeah, I think this was the problem. Unlocked 2 new customization items just now and got the trophy after I bought them.

emiliano

I imagine everyone interested already knows but just for the record, the costume/song clubs in Europe now seem work with the new batch of DLC.
The Christmas costumes are still not free D:

SHarris78

I imagine everyone interested already knows but just for the record, the costume/song clubs in Europe now seem work with the new batch of DLC.

The costumes have to be 'bought' individually though as the bundle still shows as having to pay.

The new song is indeed showing up as free, now if only they can sort out the xmas bundle.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
If you have the Vita version: Try checking the DLC link in the game's LiveArea. For some reason I could claim the Extra Characters and Americana module for Vita there, but not in the PS Store.

The retailer exclusives being timed for only a month and change is particularly generous. The only retailer exclusive in-game content in Japan this generation (the Family Mart module for F) was exclusive for nearly half a year.

Still updating the first page. It's becoming very clear that the current layout is not going to work well for the modules. I am probably going to need to start grouping at least the bundles by release date. The post is also very NA-centric; do people need me to enter EU and JP information also?

emiliano

The costumes have to be 'bought' individually though as the bundle still shows as having to pay.

The new song is indeed showing up as free, now if only they can sort out the xmas bundle.
Well that's not a big problem if at the end we can have all six costumes one way or another. Hope they will fix the Christmas costumes in time for Christmas eheh.

If you have the Vita version: Try checking the DLC link in the game's LiveArea. For some reason I could claim the Extra Characters and Americana module for Vita there, but not in the PS Store.
I'm on PS3, but soon I will have a Vita too, so the chances that I'll buy the other version are pretty high.

Currently I'm trying to port Nostalogic with the editor on F 2nd but I can't shake off the sensation of having the timing a bit off. Anyway I've just started so that's just my fault. It will surely take some time to learn to use the editor properly.

Bought this as a christmas present for my Vita. Either I'm really getting rusty, going from PS3 to PSV is throwing me off or the game is quite a bit harder than the first game.

Caladrius

Bought this as a christmas present for my Vita. Either I'm really getting rusty, going from PS3 to PSV is throwing me off or the game is quite a bit harder than the first game.

It's harder on Normal and to a lesser extent on hard. The difficulty apparently caps out at about the same level though. (Wouldn't know myself since I don't play extreme.)

hamchan

Normal is way way harder compared to the first game. It feels like they took the hard layout, changed it all to two buttons and called it a day for normal difficulty.

Nyoro SF

It's harder on Normal and to a lesser extent on hard. The difficulty apparently caps out at about the same level though. (Wouldn't know myself since I don't play extreme.)

If I were to translate it down:

Easy: Same Easy as last game
Normal: Hard from last game w/ two buttons
Hard: Hard from first game, but the highest difficulty songs in the songlist have a higher difficulty ceiling
Extreme: Harder Extreme than last game overall

Regarding Kocchi Muite Baby. I got an Excellent rating on Normal, Hard and Extreme... ON MY FIRST TRY. Pretty rare for me to get an Excellent on my first try with a song on Extreme. Song was fairly reminiscent of the earlier songs from Extreme in the last game, so I guess my skills finally transferred over.

Yuuichi

Regarding Kocchi Muite Baby. I got an Excellent rating on Normal, Hard and Extreme... ON MY FIRST TRY. Pretty rare for me to get an Excellent on my first try with a song on Extreme. Song was fairly reminiscent of the earlier songs from Extreme in the last game, so I guess my skills finally transferred over.

KMB is from the 2nd# (not F2nd, 2nd#) tracklist which is why the difficulty is the way it is.

I have no issues playing song with slow to moderate tempo on Extreme. But for songs like Black Jack, it's like I have to press 999 notes within 1 second just to survive through the song ;_; my fingers just can't keep up with the notes at all

emiliano

Had fun with the editor now that I'm starting to get a grasp of it. I've discovered that enlarging (zooming) the timeline permits to insert more notes and with that I've completed the first draft of the rhythm in a single session. Also the starting of the song can be changed in step of milliseconds, so I could correct the bad timing I was referring to yesterday just with that. I'm doing some progress I presume. Cool stuff.

KMB is from the 2nd# (not F2nd, 2nd#) tracklist which is why the difficulty is the way it is.
Just 2nd; 2nd# was the same as far as in-game content goes.

All of the notecharts are revisited and not straight copies, but the DLC trends easier than the songs in the base game.

Yuuichi

Just 2nd; 2nd# was the same as far as in-game content goes.

All of the notecharts are revisited and not straight copies, but the DLC trends easier than the songs in the base game.

I have 2nd# and I never could figure out what was different so I played it safe.

I have 2nd# and I never could figure out what was different so I played it safe.
The UMD integrates the patch that was released around the time extend was released, which is mainly to fix the horrendously long DLC loading times IIRC. There were also some nice physical bonuses if you bought the Arcade Debut pack.

antibolo

Banned
I think Extreme F 2nd actually has a few more easier songs than the previous game.

Basically, Extreme is now more widely spread, on both sides of the spectrum.

I'm hearing the Costume Club issues in EU should be fixed now.

If anyone notices any price discrepancies like costumes accidentally being free for Song Club members, please let me know.

ChrisD

I have no issues playing song with slow to moderate tempo on Extreme. But for songs like Black Jack, it's like I have to press 999 notes within 1 second just to survive through the song ;_; my fingers just can't keep up with the notes at all

The song isn't actually as hard as it looks. It's difficult, but I feel that most of that difficulty comes from the notes not being able to keep up with the song. Look also; Meteor's Scratch Note Chance Time.

emiliano

I'm hearing the Costume Club issues in EU should be fixed now.

If anyone notices any price discrepancies like costumes accidentally being free for Song Club members, please let me know.
Thanks for the update. I've tried to download the contents from the PC, but for some strange reason it kept telling me that the I "don't satisfy the requisites to download or buy" the miku christmas module, or something similar.

The others modules have been added to the cart without problems and correctly shown as free. I've also finally been able to download the tsuika module pack, but it's present only on the vita version page, as a duplicate of the same package not free.
At the end I've downloaded the miku costume from the store on PS3, where it worked.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So the Christmas costumes counts as 6 out of the promised 45+ costumes for the pass? I really wish the costumes were compatible with every character. Similar costumes like the Christmas and Alparka costumes makes costume DLC a bit off-putting. Prices won't rise so I'll hold off for now.

And does the DLC songs have proper preview images this time instead of "EXTRA"?

And does the DLC songs have proper preview images this time instead of "EXTRA"?

Yes, the title has a little "Extra" on it but the preview picture works fine, which is nice :)

I got a Perfect on Look This Way, Baby on the 3rd try, this song is not extremely hard thankfully.
The song's lyrics are... well, they are something I guess, I never really paid attention to those before :p

15422893624_93802d9b3c_o.jpg

15859125809_bb4ec48138_o.jpg

15425524863_098e3bec05_o.jpg

So the Christmas costumes counts as 6 out of the promised 45+ costumes for the pass? I really wish the costumes were compatible with every character. Similar costumes like the Christmas and Alparka costumes makes costume DLC a bit off-putting. Prices won't rise so I'll hold off for now.
We won't really know until all is said and done. The Japanese DLC rollout isn't finished yet, so all we have is vague estimates on how much DLC there really is.

That said, if I recall correctly the Weekend Wear and Christmas bundles are two of only three such sets so far (and seeing as the third bundle is of swimsuits, those will probably be pushed near the end of the schedule due to the season), so there is a significant number of dedicated character modules as well.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Managed to Platinum Project Diva F while I was banned. Now I'm working on F2nd. Just got the module trophy last night. Going through the game again, the first half of the song list is sluggish as hell. Nothing catchy stands out and it all sounds the same. That 2nd half though? Amazing.

antibolo

Banned
I got a Perfect on Look This Way, Baby on the 3rd try, this song is not extremely hard thankfully.

Man I wish I had the skill to casually perfect an Extreme song on the 3rd try like it was nothing... I always miss a bunch of notes no matter how many times I retry a song. I'm starting to feel like I'm just not made for this kind of game no matter how many hours I have put into it.

deanote666

Is there a trick to the "Cinema Snob" trophy? Watched them all twice, even switched the modules to the recommended ones and it hasn't popped yet.

Man I wish I had the skill to casually perfect an Extreme song on the 3rd try like it was nothing... I always miss a bunch of notes no matter how many times I retry a song. I'm starting to feel like I'm just not made for this kind of game no matter how many hours I have put into it.

Hey, if that makes you feel any better it's the only song I've perfected on Extreme so far :p

Zhao_Yun

Is there a trick to the "Cinema Snob" trophy? Watched them all twice, even switched the modules to the recommended ones and it hasn't popped yet.

Have you watched them completely? Don't think the trophy will pop if you skip them in the middle of the video.

Yuuichi

I can perfect some songs on extreme bar stupid mistakes in < 5 tries, but I've been playing PD since 2nd on the PSP and rhythm games in general for almost 10 years now. You get some skills that transfer after a while, but they don't come quick.

Nyoro SF

I assume you know all the gimmicks like using both the dpad and buttons for timing strings and holding down a button to beat the long arrow strings? Also I find using the thumbsticks for star notes to be a godsend.

Once I learned those few gimmicks from the first game many songs became a lot more manageable and I began passing Extreme songs. It really came down to a good bit of practice though to get used to starting note strings with my left hand.

Yuuichi

I assume you know all the gimmicks like using both the dpad and buttons for timing strings and holding down a button to beat the long arrow strings?
Uh, care to tell me how this works because this is the first I've heard of this.

Edit: fuck I'm dumb, figured it out right after I posted this. I need to try this, this is gonna make that Kagerou Days perfect happen, I can feel it.

Uh, care to tell me how this works because this is the first I've heard of this.

Edit: fuck I'm dumb, figured it out right after I posted this. I need to try this, this is gonna make that Kagerou Days perfect happen, I can feel it.

Just have to note (again, lol) that as of f there is a visible 200pt bonus for doing doubles as simultaneous hits that you forgo if you hold one of the two inputs beforehand. This strategy did not have any penalty prior to f.

Zhao_Yun

Just have to note (again, lol) that as of f there is a visible 200pt bonus for doing doubles as simultaneous hits that you forgo if you hold one of the two inputs beforehand. This strategy did not have any penalty prior to f.

Really? Damn I never noticed that qQ

Shizuka

Oh wow, I just searched for Look This Way Baby on YouTube and I'm addicted to the song. Someone needs to record the video for the english version of the game!

hamchan

I think I need to change star notes to sticks specifically for Kagerou Daze. I can't alternate swiping the touchscreen and pressing buttons fast enough.

Nyoro SF

It's true. BUT! It's better than missing one! lol

I think I need to change star notes to sticks specifically for Kagerou Daze. I can't alternate swiping the touchscreen and pressing buttons fast enough.

Even with thumbsticks I'm just not fast enough for that part. I just have to hope I can pass it.

emiliano

I've finally completed the beatmap for Nostalogic hard diff. I've tried to reproduce the positioning of notes and trails as much as the editor can concede. I had to shorten the duration of the second Technical Zone due to a limitation of the tool.
If you want to try it you can find it as Nostalogic 0.1
Now I'm working on cameras and character positioning, which seems feasible, but for the animation will be another story entirely I fear...
Well, we'll see.

I've been trying every day for a week to pass 2D Dream Fever but no luck yet :(

...Maybe it would be like PDF/f where the only song I never passed on Extreme (no assists) is the Sadistic Music Factory.

On a happier note, I changed my avatar to the Kaito Cantarella module :D I love this song and PV so much!

Top Bottom