• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

antibolo

Banned
Guess I'll just buy the Miku and Luka Christmas modules and ignore the rest. Still not having a bundle for actual Christmas is so lame.

Oh well, Happy Holidays everyone.

To celebrate my Internet connection at home finally being fixed (I hope), I'm going to try streaming again. I buy as much JP DLC as I can manage as they come out, so if you want a preview of DLC to come, this is a good time as any to check it out live. Also I have not played the game for a few months now and I'm running on very little sleep, so I'm probably going to be playing hilariously bad. Feel free to come in and laugh at me.

Stream will probably be up within about 20 minutes. I stream from http://www.hitbox.tv/starcreator

EDIT: Stream is up!

EDIT2: Stream ended. If you'd like, you can watch the recording here.

Yaari

Question, I was wondering how the scratch notes are done on the PS3 version as compared to on PS Vita. I was planning to buy a PSTV and am interested in playing this game on it. But I'm not sure how sufficient the analogs stick will be while playing? Any impressions with that?

Question, I was wondering how the scratch notes are done on the PS3 version as compared to on PS Vita. I was planning to buy a PSTV and am interested in playing this game on it. But I'm not sure how sufficient the analogs stick will be while playing? Any impressions with that?

The analog sticks on Vita are pretty good for this game, better than touch screen for me. On PS TV with a DS4, it seems a little looser due to the increased travel distance on the sticks. Though, there's also input lag to deal with, and I can never be sure it's calibrated properly. That's not a problem on Vita, though, the default calibration is perfect.

Yaari

The analog sticks on Vita are pretty good for this game, better than touch screen for me. On PS TV with a DS4, it seems a little looser due to the increased travel distance on the sticks. Though, there's also input lag to deal with, and I can never be sure it's calibrated properly. That's not a problem on Vita, though, the default calibration is perfect.

Oh, I can actually use the analogs on Vita as well? I had no idea. That's very interesting, I will look into that! Thanks.

Edit: Ah, shame on me for not reading the opening post. Thought I didn't had to since I played the first game, heh.
Edit 2: Found StarCreator's YT channel. Wow that controller is huge! Do you still use it? If there's ever a PS4 game I might have to jump on one of those controllers because I definitely think it makes the game even more fun to play.

Going to start up a stream soon (basically as soon as I get my PS3 moved back to my streaming station as I had it set up elsewhere while family visited). Will be playing the two new DLC songs that came out two days ago blind. Would have been sooner if not for the PSN DDoS attacks, orz

Stream will be up at http://www.hitbox.tv/starcreator as usual. I do all challenges the game issues and will be watching stream chat in between songs.

EDIT: Stream is up!

EDIT2: Ended the stream a while ago, but for some reason the recording isn't showing up for me to post. I'll be a bit annoyed if it never shows up; it was an overall mediocre run but I did manage a Decorator perfect on a whim.

Edit 2: Found StarCreator's YT channel. Wow that controller is huge! Do you still use it? If there's ever a PS4 game I might have to jump on one of those controllers because I definitely think it makes the game even more fun to play.

I actually don't use the controller at all personally. I pretty much only bring it to conventions as an attention grabber, but I always have a normal controller set up for people to use. The controller has some serious issues with the touchscreen - it's forced to emulate one of the analog sticks and you end up with a lot of dropped inputs as a result. There was also no new large controller issued for F 2nd (whereas there was a Rin/Len limited edition mini controller design released as a Horistore exclusive), though the game does take into account that you only have one touch area by just accepting single scratches as doubles.

If a new controller is released I'd like to see them implement the touch screen more like the way it is implemented in Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone. I could see that being a lot more fun to play with.

Revival!

So I got this game(Vita), unexpectedly from Gamefly and I'm having a lot of fun. I've never actually played a full on Rhythm game before so this was my first real experience with the genre. First few songs on easy were a rough start for me but I'm feeling like I've gotten my feet underneath me now and I'm getting excellents on songs now. Course this is all on easy but the game isn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.

Probably the hardest thing for me are the scratches. Thinking I might go through the songs on easy first then move onto Normal.

Revival!

So I got this game(Vita), unexpectedly from Gamefly and I'm having a lot of fun. I've never actually played a full on Rhythm game before so this was my first real experience with the genre. First few songs on easy were a rough start for me but I'm feeling like I've gotten my feet underneath me now and I'm getting excellents on songs now. Course this is all on easy but the game isn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.

Probably the hardest thing for me are the scratches. Thinking I might go through the songs on easy first then move onto Normal.
I would suggest skipping Easy entirely and moving to Hard as soon as possible; Easy limits the game to one directional input (e.g. a given song might only have circles, right arrows, and scratches) and Normal is limited to two. Getting too used to the limited input scope might be a handicap later.

antibolo

Banned
I would suggest skipping Easy entirely and moving to Hard as soon as possible; Easy limits the game to one directional input (e.g. a given song might only have circles, right arrows, and scratches) and Normal is limited to two. Getting too used to the limited input scope might be a handicap later.

Normal is three actually, not two (ie. no squares).

Yuuichi

Normal is three actually, not two (ie. no squares).

Unless you're counting star notes, normal has been limited to two for as long as I've been playing. The two notes can change from song to song (ie circle and triangle one song, square and cross the next) but you only use two of them in a song.

I had thought about that since it feels like I'm getting too used to just timing pressing O and scratches.

Think I will switch at least to Normal to see how that is then move higher.

You're all correct - antibolo is just referring to the fact that square is never used in normal songs. Either O and X, or O and triangle. (Except... I feel like some song in F 2nd broke this rule, but I can't remember which one.)

Square being the innermost button probably causes it to be designated the "hardest" button to reach - another reason to get used to it by playing above normal.

antibolo

Banned
Unless you're counting star notes, normal has been limited to two for as long as I've been playing. The two notes can change from song to song (ie circle and triangle one song, square and cross the next) but you only use two of them in a song.

Really?? I can't believe I've never noticed all this time. Though I haven't played a Normal song for a while now.

antibolo

Banned
Christmas bundle is up on the NA store!

Not that I care, I already bought the ones I wanted (Miku, Luka and Meiko). You missed Christmas, based Sega.

Congrats c-murph!

I'm slowly getting my way through all the hard modes. I am surprised at how much better I'm getting! I'm hoping to complete a play through of a song on extreme soon. Still learning how to dual-weild the buttons, but I'm picking up on some little tricks to help me get through some of the tougher songs. It's made it so much funner now that I can actually pass the more difficult songs on hard.

c-murph

Congrats c-murph!

I'm slowly getting my way through all the hard modes. I am surprised at how much better I'm getting! I'm hoping to complete a play through of a song on extreme soon. Still learning how to dual-weild the buttons, but I'm picking up on some little tricks to help me get through some of the tougher songs. It's made it so much funner now that I can actually pass the more difficult songs on hard.

Yeah, After I beat Diva 2nd and went back to Diva f, the songs seem way more easy to beat. I could use the Perfect Challenge Item on some songs on expert. Made points grinding soooo much quicker.

Can anyone give me some hints on how to unlock accessorizer? I've got more unlocked than I can possibly imagine and have every other trophy but I cant seem to find the last ones here. I've used the pseudo japanese guides but no matter how many I check off the list it doesnt unlock T_T

My percentage says 98% room items unlocked

Can anyone give me some hints on how to unlock accessorizer? I've got more unlocked than I can possibly imagine and have every other trophy but I cant seem to find the last ones here. I've used the pseudo japanese guides but no matter how many I check off the list it doesnt unlock T_T

My percentage says 98% room items unlocked
I'm pretty sure it is referring to personal accessories (like hats, wings, pins, etc.) and not room items. Have you been buying those?

I'm pretty sure it is referring to personal accessories (like hats, wings, pins, etc.) and not room items. Have you been buying those?

To earn this trophy you must unlock and buy all miscellaneous furniture items in the third to fifth tab in the room item shop menu. This trophy will probably take the longest due to some having grindy requirements. The spoilers below contain a list of all these items and how to obtain them.

I have every other trophy in the game, the only one I am missing is the room item trophy (which is what this is)

Marche90

I have every other trophy in the game, the only one I am missing is the room item trophy (which is what this is)

Get a guide to know where you are currently right now: you'll need it -_-

Some items are only unlocked after visiting daily the Diva Room, while other are only achieved after a number of requests have been granted

Get a guide to know where you are currently right now: you'll need it -_-

Some items are only unlocked after visiting daily the Diva Room, while other are only achieved after a number of requests have been granted

Those are the ones I suspect I'm dealing with. So i've been trying to do as many requests as possible. I'm not sure if i've topped out of the daily diva rooms but I noticed that as a possible concern as well. Otherwise almost everything seems like i've done it already...

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Grinding out the last achievements is starting to sap the fun out of this for me, especially as I've hit a real wall with the rhythm game side of it (the only part I actually want to play).

Still can't deal with extreme mode. Passed a majority of songs, but have no chance of getting anything over standard on some of them due to the general difficulty of charts and some of those crazy technical sections.

I managed to perfect everything on Normal in Project Diva F - charts for the last few songs in this are way harder than anything in the first one.

Get used to petting your divas...

I finally figured it out. I had long since given out the correct number of gifts and stroking sessions. I just started looking through the item menus and saw that there were felt dolls for the shiten-yo, larval rin, etc but there was no tako luka.

So i looked up the online guide and it said you had to use the visual library to get the felt doll tako luka. Did it and bam, all done. What's messed up is that I had used it before to save a few screensavers, so i'm not sure how it didn't trigger before. That's why I had overlooked it...

Finally dat plat. Currently at 25 extreme perfects. There are quite a few songs I could perfect without too much hassle, but law school is starting up again so I will probably be leaving it there for the most part. Great game.

You can shortcut a lot of the random items like the sketch book etc. by using the Extra character's room, since giving them the same items repeatedly won't affect their affinity.

Wish I'd known that when I was working on my plat...

Scher

You can shortcut a lot of the random items like the sketch book etc. by using the Extra character's room, since giving them the same items repeatedly won't affect their affinity.

Wish I'd known that when I was working on my plat...

If you do use the Extra character room, however, keep in mind that you will have to alternate the gifts you give. If you constantly give them the same gift, they'll stop accepting it until you give them a different one.

Soulflarz

Banned
Eh, I suck at it even on Normal, and this is coming from a player that can make it through almost all songs in Extreme difficulty (only one I have issues with is 2D Dream Fever)

I really hate that song ._.

It just has such a weird beat and seemingly random patterns at times :/

Nyoro SF

What makes Miracle Paint hard is that the devs deliberately added extra space between symbols even for notes that have "consecutive" beats. Kind of annoying but I guess they wanted to spice things up a bit by distorting the visual cues.... :/

Soulflarz

Banned
What makes Miracle Paint hard is that the devs deliberately added extra space between symbols even for notes that have "consecutive" beats. Kind of annoying but I guess they wanted to spice things up a bit by distorting the visual cues.... :/

I think thats the issue though- this game is supposed to be a mix of skill/adapting, intentionally going off the trail/messing with us visually just makes it a memorization game :/

I unexpectedly received some stuff I can give away, so I'm looking into running a GAF score challenge (the first for F 2nd and the third overall). The previous two score challenges were run on Hard difficulty; should it stick to that or should it be bumped up to Extreme?

hamchan

Hard to allow the non-godly people to participate. The godly people will win anyways when they get 1 Good and the rest Cool.

Scher

Do it on extreme, watch people suffer!

It really depends on how accessible you want to make it to people. Doing it on hard is probably the best for opening up a score challenge to the most people without having it be stupidly easy for those who would typically play on extreme.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally sat down to play some more and I think I might sell my copy. Fucking hated the star notes in the first one and they're even worse in this one. Switching to analog sticks helps a little bit but Vita's sticks are pretty horrible in general so it isn't a huge improvement. Might rebuy on PS3 and play with the better controller. Ughhhh I would love this game if it weren't for them

Wow, I made a post in this thread around the time of the US release saying I wasn't sure if I even liked this game compared to F/f. I gotta say, this game has completely grown on me. I complained about the song choice, which now I find to be just as great and memorable as F/f. I also complained about the controls, which now I don't have any problem whatsoever with. The star notes are completely manageable to me now. The improved graphics and all the little changes compared to F/f just make this game a dream to play. I recently bought the Vita version to go with the PS3 version just to support this game (and because I want to play in bed).

I really love this game and I still play it all the time.

Top Bottom