• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

As much as I play these games for the music, I wish the DLC songs were focused more on challenge. Getting excellent on first try of Aikotoba doesn't speak to that.

I got perfect first try (on normal), so I see what you mean. I have my theories that they're saving up a hard DLC song, though.

By the way, if there is one song that has taught me anything about harder gameplay it's Doubleganger on hard. Playing that for a few times (still can't clear it) has done more for my skills than playing normal and hard in the first game for months.

I got perfect first try (on normal), so I see what you mean. I have my theories that they're saving up a hard DLC song, though.

By the way, if there is one song that has taught me anything about harder gameplay it's Doubleganger on hard. Playing that for a few times (still can't clear it) has done more for my skills than playing normal and hard in the first game for months.
The one time I got excellent on extreme for Doubleganger my PS3 had to be restored prior to me cross-saving. Makes me sad.

Jeez I now I'm remembering I also lost my great on Intense Voice extreme. That restore did a number on my Miku.

Andrefpvs

I'm *this* close to asking for a refund on the Song Club. An entire day has gone by and the new songs still aren't free for Song Club owners (in Europe, at least).

So what exactly did I pay for?

OMG Aero

It's pretty cool how every week there has been DLC for this game it is broken in some way or another.
It's not like season passes are a new thing that companies are still trying to figure out how to do.

It's pretty cool how every week there has been DLC for this game it is broken in some way or another.
It's not like season passes are a new thing that companies are still trying to figure out how to do.

I've not heard of any issues in US/Canada this week. People in Europe need to contact the local Sega/Sony branches over there.

OMG Aero

I've not heard of any issues in US/Canada this week. People in Europe need to contact the local Sega/Sony branches over there.
This is not something I should have to do every time I want to get DLC for this game.
I was considering using the 10% PSN voucher this weekend to get the module season pass because there is nothing else on PSN at the moment I particularly want, but I'm not going to do that now because I don't want to have even more reasons to use Sega's support website.
Can you list those places/ways? I was actually having trouble coming up with any since Sega's website seems to load regional content based on client location (so I can't get anything but US info).
https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb

Andrefpvs

Can you list those places/ways? I was actually having trouble coming up with any since Sega's website seems to load regional content based on client location (so I can't get anything but US info).

Sure:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...-citizens-earth-saints-row-iv/#comment-605491

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?511546-Project-Diva-F-2nd-DLC/page11

https://twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/557971450003353600

Email sent to SEGA Europe support: http://i.imgur.com/cnX0qZZ.png

As you might imagine, I'm a very pissed off customer right now.

Shizuka

Do I need to watch the bonus scene of every video to get the "Cinema Snob" trophy? I watched every video, doing the bonus scene when I had it, but I didn't unlock the trophy.

hamchan

Speaking of trying to get perfects, a few weeks back I actually decided to try and get them and managed to get half of Hard done in a day. It involves a lot of grinding the same song over and over and a lot of heartbreak when you get that one missed note near the end. After that day I decided to just go back to picking songs randomly and not sticking to one song and chasing that perfect like I have OCD.

And I kinda agree with the wanting harder DLC comments. Played Sekiranun Graffiti on Hard for the first time and just got perfect. Extreme can't be that much harder to get an excellent judging from that. I remember the extra songs in the first project diva f being pretty hard. But then there's a lot of DLC left for this game so I'm not that worried really.

MSMrRound

Hi guys. Just begun playing the game yesterday. Just a curious question...I'm playing the PSV R3 English version of Diva F 2nd, and apparently I can't seem to find the Edit Mode download on the PSN store. The only one available is the Japanese/Chinese pack (I'm using the Singapore [South East Asian] store).

Am I out of luck or do you guys know if there's anywhere I should get in touch with regards to the issue? Thanks.

Andrefpvs

16156436207_1457e23f68_z.jpg

Well, that wasn't challenging at all. This song might even be easier than Packaged :/

At least I like the song.

Yeah, it sure is easy, the only part which caught me off guard was the fast triangle/circle/x/square sequence where I almost got a safe :/

16154842428_ab3e7ebdcb_z.jpg

Sekiranun is more challenging though, especially the second technical zone.

Interesting that the songs appear to be ordering themselves by their release order in Japan. Aikotoba and Sekiranun were the first DLC songs Japan-side.

I did get a safe on my first attempt T_T But yes, definitely the easiest Extreme chart in the game so far.

Hi guys. Just begun playing the game yesterday. Just a curious question...I'm playing the PSV R3 English version of Diva F 2nd, and apparently I can't seem to find the Edit Mode download on the PSN store. The only one available is the Japanese/Chinese pack (I'm using the Singapore [South East Asian] store).

Am I out of luck or do you guys know if there's anywhere I should get in touch with regards to the issue? Thanks.
Have you tried touching the Download Extra Content in the game's Live Area screen? Edit mode probably shows up in there.

If you're not using an R3 PSN account, you're probably out of luck. :(
Sony needs to increase the Cart limit!

Nyoro SF

I like Ai Kotoba a lot, Graffiti sounded kind of grating to my ears though.

I take back some of my comments about the songs way earlier in this thread, the selection is actually a lot better than what I initially gave it credit for.

People are finding Miku's voice in sekiranun graffiti grating? I always really liked the way ryo tunes Miku's voice. The song has pretty great instrumentals too.

Ai Kotoba is also really catchy (and the lyrics are cute). Pretty strong DLC lineup until now albeit a bit on the easy side. Most of the songs already out in Japan are also pretty great (I hope Rolling Girl comes over soon...) and seem to be overall a bit more challenging.

SHarris78

I've downloaded the new extra content on my Vita, which then automatically puts it in my download queue on the PS3, but theres 2 of everything.

Do you have to download everything twice, as theres nothing to say which one is for the vita and which one is for the PS3.

I've downloaded the new extra content on my Vita, which then automatically puts it in my download queue on the PS3, but theres 2 of everything.

Do you have to download everything twice, as theres nothing to say which one is for the vita and which one is for the PS3.

Downloading something on Vita shouldn't queue anything on PS3. Your download list (which is not a queue, but a list of everything you've ever purchased) will contain both the PS3 and Vita variants of any DLC you purchase, one after the other. If you use the Store app or the webstore to view the download list the platform for which each entry is for will be visible that way.

If you must use the system download list (which is faster but not well tuned for a post-Vita world) you'll be stuck making guesses which of the two is the PS3 version download based on file size and image - the PS3 versions of DLC typically have a lighter background than the Vita versions.

SHarris78

Downloading something on Vita shouldn't queue anything on PS3. Your download list (which is not a queue, but a list of everything you've ever purchased) will contain both the PS3 and Vita variants of any DLC you purchase, one after the other. If you use the Store app or the webstore to view the download list the platform for which each entry is for will be visible that way.

If you must use the system download list (which is faster but not well tuned for a post-Vita world) you'll be stuck making guesses which of the two is the PS3 version download based on file size and image - the PS3 versions of DLC typically have a lighter background than the Vita versions.

Thanks for that, think i'll download the store app in future, less hassle.

Nyoro SF

People are finding Miku's voice in sekiranun graffiti grating? I always really liked the way ryo tunes Miku's voice. The song has pretty great instrumentals too.

Well Ryo has made a lot of my favorites so I don't think it's particularly his direct fault. The song just sounds off to me in a way that I can't enjoy.

KMB so far is my favorite DLC song. Doing it with the Americana module feels right somehow, the lyrics are hilarious and the beat is awesome too.

antibolo

Banned
Has anyone ever got its progress overwritten due to cross-save?

I just remembered that I perfected Extreme Melt last month, and yet it's not showing up on my game right now, on both PS3 and Vita. I'm also noticing a bunch of other songs where I'm 100% sure I had reached Excellent and yet it's currently not. This is very disturbing!!

I was under the impression that cross-save merged all progress. Maybe I was wrong?

Marche90

^The only way I can see that happening is if you played on your Vita, got the Perfect but didn't cross-saved and stopped playing, played the PS3 version for a lot longer than the Vita version and cross-saved that, which in turn overwrote the Vita save. Iirc the cross-save takes the save-file with the longer play-time as the one to load.

And no, it doesn't merge anything. It just uses a simple system to keep track of what to save and load.

I had never seen this O.O

Did the Seiyuus who gives the voice to the Vocaloids voiced this?
Nevermind, I read the comments.

Well, maybe the Kagamine duo, after all, I've heard Asami Shimoda voice-acting them for a sketch and it was pretty spot on... but probably not :lol

And no, it doesn't merge anything. It just uses a simple system to keep track of what to save and load.

Recently I discovered that Rayark's mobile rhythm games, like Deemo, have a cloud save system that does merge your best scores for songs across different devices. I'm surprised that this isn't more common.

antibolo

Banned
I got back my lost perfect on Extreme Melt, after about an hour of retrying and screaming. I hate that ending so much.

I will never take chances with cross-save ever again. I'll use my phone's Internet connection to sync if I need to.

Also I reeeeeeaaaaallllly need to take a break from this game now, before my sanity drops any further. I went back to it to check the new DLC songs but that was a bad idea. At least I perfected Extreme Aikotoba, so I feel like I did enough.

Has anyone ever got its progress overwritten due to cross-save?

I just remembered that I perfected Extreme Melt last month, and yet it's not showing up on my game right now, on both PS3 and Vita. I'm also noticing a bunch of other songs where I'm 100% sure I had reached Excellent and yet it's currently not. This is very disturbing!!

I was under the impression that cross-save merged all progress. Maybe I was wrong?

The manual says it merges progress regardless of the date saved, so that's really weird. You definitely didn't quit without saving after getting the Perfect, right?

antibolo

Banned
The manual says it merges progress regardless of the date saved, so that's really weird. You definitely didn't quit without saving after getting the Perfect, right?

I'm pretty sure I did save, that would seem like too dumb of a mistake, but maybe???

I also just noticed that I had not taken a screenshot of the results screen, which is also very suspicious.

I had never seen this O.O

Did the Seiyuus who gives the voice to the Vocaloids voiced this?
Nevermind, I read the comments.

Well, maybe the Kagamine duo, after all, I've heard Asami Shimoda voice-acting them for a sketch and it was pretty spot on... but probably not :lol
It is the original voice providers. They did 2nd and extend's opening movies as an extra unlockable within extend. One of the soundtracks also provided the voiced versions on DVD.

Miku's voice provider, Saki Fujita, generally does the voiceovers for all the commercials for the games as well.

Isomac

Um, so I bought the music pack and I can't download it? If I try to search dlc for the game, I only see costumes. It doesn't show up in my DL list either. Weird I'll see later if I need to DL them in game.

Um, so I bought the music pack and I can't download it? If I try to search dlc for the game, I only see costumes. It doesn't show up in my DL list either. Weird I'll see later if I need to DL them in game.

The song club is just a season pass so you still have "purchase" and download the individual songs (though they should show up as free). 3 songs have been released as of now.
If you own the Vita version you can access all dlc through the game's live area.

Isomac

The song club is just a season pass so you still have "purchase" and download the individual songs (though they should show up as free). 3 songs have been released as of now.
If you own the Vita version you can access all dlc through the game's live area.

Thanks for the help! I can see only one song as free though. PS3 version. I'll check out again tomorrow.

Andrefpvs

Guys, has anyone here played DJ Max Fever (PSP)?

I'm looking to try another rhythm game since I'm hooked on the Project Diva games.

Would you guys recommend this game? Will any of my Project Diva skills help in this game? I was thinking of using the 10% PSN code with it this weekend.

Isomac

Guys, has anyone here played DJ Max Fever (PSP)?

I'm looking to try another rhythm game since I'm hooked on the Project Diva games.

Would you guys recommend this game? Will any of my Project Diva skills help in this game? I was thinking of using the 10% PSN code with it this weekend.

I haven't played that version of the game but I really enjoyed Portable 2 on PSP and Trilogy on PC.

Top Bottom