• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

yyr

It's really hard to nail both the link star section AND Chance Time on the same run. That's what's likely going to win this, regardless of Good/Fine counts on some other notes.

My guess is that the #1 score will be in the neighborhood of 450-455K, maybe slightly more.

macklelol

Of course after I posted that I break my old score by a significant amount.

I highly doubt the top score will reach as high as 455k, over 450k is definitely possible.

The deadline is next Monday, so I imagine a lot of people are still trying to squeeze out the best scores they can, particularly when there is a whole weekend coming up. At least that is the case for me. Unfortunately, my sense of time and rhythm seems to warp in a bad way the more I play the song.
Even so, this is still the lowest participation contest yet; I can only see two or three people having mentioned an intent to participate without having turned a score in yet, and even with these people taken into account there are fewer than ten entrants, less than half of the number of participants we had in the second DIVA F challenge. I'm hoping it has more to do with my thread title change request having fallen through rather than diminished interest in the series.

Repost for last day-and-change for the contest:

iJfbQiOU4zNvz.png

Let's find out who is the best of the best!

Play Two Breaths Walking on Hard difficulty, and PM me a screenshot of the score screen (on Vita, press the PS button and Start at the same time; on PS3, press the PS button, scoot over to the Photos tab on the left, and select Save Screenshot). The highest score that I receive by 2/9 at 5:00 PM EDT will be the champion! Do not use any Help items, though Challenge items are acceptable.

The prize: The top score will receive a promo code for the Pre-Order Items - the Americana Module and the two AR/Live Studio songs!

dlc_chara_01_04.jpg

dlc_studio_201403_01.jpg

dlc_studio_201403_02.jpg

(US/Canada only, unfortunately. If you already have the DLC or are unable to redeem it, you are still free to participate but please leave me a note that you cannot claim the prize so it can go to a runner up.)​

I'm quietly working on it, but I don't know if I can even get perfect by the deadline - too busy.

Also, presumably a lot of people here preordered and so already have some of the prizes (myself included).

Nyoro SF

I got a perfect, but I think my score is super ass. I know someone will come in here with a 100% Cool record but I'll submit mine anyway.

Marche90

I haven't had the chance to play yet because my sister essentially has been using my PS3 nonstop since the start of the week to binge-watch something on netflix :lol

I'm planning to submit my score before it's too late. Maybe the reason why the participation has been so low this time is because of what's been offered this time around? Iirc the last time the prize was the extra characters, so it was a bit more substantial.

yyr

I got a perfect, but I think my score is super ass. I know someone will come in here with a 100% Cool record but I'll submit mine anyway.

Getting 100% Cool on a song is virtually impossible, and I will personally guarantee it's not going to happen here. Judging from my own performance and how several of us have hit walls, I'm going to speculate that single-digit Good/Fine isn't going to happen either.

I haven't had much time to play because busy work week, and my fiancee's little sister came to visit this weekend. I may have time for a few more attempts tonight but overall I think my score will be lower than I might have submitted otherwise.

Also, I already have Americana, so if by some chance I wind up winning, I'm passing that on to #2.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Shoot, just saw this today! Been playing this game a lot so my Vita is dead, lol. I need to go charge it now.

macklelol

Submitted my score today, I don't think I'll be able to get any better than what I have by the deadline. I'm not participating for the prizes, so good luck to everyone else who enters!

antibolo

Banned
I said I was going to take a break from the game, but I decided I might as well try my hand at the score challenge tonight before taking a break for real. I'm still nowhere near 450k but I figure the highest scorers might end up turning down the prize because they already have it lol (cue Homer Simpson "Default? Woohoo!")

I have a question: do challenge items influence scoring?

macklelol

I said I was going to take a break from the game, but I decided I might as well try my hand at the score challenge tonight before taking a break for real. I'm still nowhere near 450k but I figure the highest scorers might end up turning down the prize because they already have it lol (cue Homer Simpson "Default? Woohoo!")

I have a question: do challenge items influence scoring?

No, they don't affect your score at all.

antibolo

Banned
This song is pretty good for Mikudayo, she lacks the guitar but she doesn't constantly clip into the camera which is a problem in most other songs.

Also whenever I miss a note I can pretend it's her fault.

Kumubou

Man, I wanted to forget how awful playing this game for score is. :< Submitted a score for the challenge, although I'm about 99% sure it's not good enough to win.

Is the cross-save super slow for anybody else right now?
PSN gotta PSN. It's not like we're paying for it or... oh.

Kanra

So far I've unlocked up to decorator and I'm having a blast with this game! My favorite song so far is World is Mine and I got a few perfects on easy. Right now I'm working towards unlocking all easy and then going into normal.

ALso I might get the dlc songs if it's not too expensive.

ChrisD

I got an okay score last week, as soon as you started the contest. And I have steadily err.. De-proved? Can't even get the old best score anymore. Was really a one-off thing.

Was waiting 'til the last day just in case I managed to get something better. Will probably submit mine tonight. If not, first thing in the morning.

Edit: What the frick man, less missed notes but horrible score. Those chains and bonus scores are vile. :(

antibolo

Banned
Just submitted my score as I doubt I'll have enough time to get anything better tomorrow morning before work.

I feel like the linked star notes are probably what hurt my score the most, I could never get the Cool timing right, for some reason.

ChrisD

Just submitted my score as I doubt I'll have enough time to get anything better tomorrow morning before work.

I feel like the linked star notes are probably what hurt my score the most, I could never get the Cool timing right, for some reason.

Yep. Really wish shoulder buttons could be used for them. I love the sticks to scratch, but when you actually want precision it falls a bit flat. (Don't get me started on how poorly my Vita reads my fingers for Scratch Notes).

macklelol

When I think about it, I don't think I ever had an attempt where I got all cools on the link scratches and the chance time.

I should try out the stick controls, I've been sticking to touch this whole time.

For some reason... I can't do this song correctly. I keep pressing the wrong buttons at random points.

If this keeps up I'll have an Excellent as my best score by the end.

antibolo

Banned
I think I reached the upper limit of how many Cools my skills are capable of squeezing out of that song. I figure my biggest source of lost points is in the final stretch of the Chance Time, the three consecutive blue doubles always throw off my Cool timing.

yyr

I have attempted enough times that I, too, am now pressing the wrong buttons at random points. Time to submit my best score from last night. For the record: 21 Goods, though that never tells the whole story.

I don't think I totally nailed all of the link star notes either, but I came close. Probably got somewhere between 5 and 10 Goods during Chance Time. A perfect run just isn't going to happen...for me, at least.

macklelol, definitely try the stick controls. I thought I had the swipe timing pretty much down, but the stick controls make it way easier to be more consistent. It's also easier to switch back to buttons at the end of the star notes, especially in cases where you barely get any time for that. The transition to get used to it should be very short for you, as it was for me. I switched a couple of days ago, and I don't think I'm going back.

antibolo

Banned
I'm not sure but I think the hold notes give you twice the bonus points when you start them with a Cool? So they're another place where getting a Cool is needed, especially for the long ones, which give as much as 520 bonus points in this song.

I have attempted enough times that I, too, am now pressing the wrong buttons at random points. Time to submit my best score from last night. For the record: 21 Goods, though that never tells the whole story.

Crap, that still tells way more than I wanted to know before the deadline lol. With an extra day I'm confident I could reach that, oh well, I think I gave it a fair enough shot.

Less than three hours left!

The contest for the top is really interesting - scores remain super close except for the top scorer, which has 15 fewer Goods/Fines than second place and 12 fewer Goods/Fines than third place.

antibolo

Banned
Less than three hours left!

The contest for the top is really interesting - scores remain super close except for the top scorer, which has 15 fewer Goods/Fines than second place and 12 fewer Goods/Fines than third place.

One of these numbers is making me very nervous!

Although after crunching some numbers it seems it's mathematically possible that it may be a red herring!

ChrisD

Think I had like 34 Goods. Meanwhile, my 28 Good play got me a horrible score since I botched Technical/Chance notes.

antibolo

Banned
Think I had like 34 Goods. Meanwhile, my 28 Good play got me a horrible score since I botched Technical/Chance notes.

Oh no!!! It was a red herring after all! Oh well, I'm sure I'll still be satisfied.

Major kudos to whoever got 6 Goods. That's pretty amazing!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm still trying to get a score I'm satisfied with before submitting. I thought the deadline was 5pm PST. Hopefully I can make it in time.

Yeah, sorry, it's 5:00 EST (despite the original post saying EDT, copy/paste error I didn't catch). I'm going to be busy for the rest of the night so I would not be able to announce winners tonight if I extended the deadline, sorry D:

Kumubou

Oh no!!! It was a red herring after all! Oh well, I'm sure I'll still be satisfied.

If someone did that well, I would be a bit surprised. That would be an achievement rate of what, 99.3%? The winning scores previously have been around 98% AR, and while it sounds like a small difference, that's kind of gross given the game's tight timing windows and wonky sync.

I had 32 goods, so I'm not winning anything. :p (Which is still kind of bad compared to the last couple of challenges for me, but eh.)

It's a comparison of 1st vs 2nd and 1st vs 3rd, not a comparison of 1st vs 2nd and 2nd vs 3rd. 2nd place actually has more Goods than 3rd place right now.

Kikirin

This is seriously pretty cutthroat if even a pretty good 93% Cool is considered out of the running. Wonder if 1st got a single digit Fine.

Speedwagon

Alright I'm uploading my best give me a minute.

God damn it CMA is a pain. Need to do an update.

iJfbQiOU4zNvz.png

The Results

We had 18 people participating in this challenge. It was a much closer contest than usual!

The top three scorers of this challenge were:

1. macklelol, with 451790
  2. Kikirin, with 449090
  3. yyr, with 448050

macklelol was not participating in the prize pool, so the prize is awarded to Kikirin. Check your PMs in a minute!

Congratulations!

Speedwagon

Damn so close! I definitely thought I could get 450k today, but alas the pressure got to me. Congrats to the winner.

ZeroAKA

Congrats everyone! You all probably scored way higher than I would have been able to do.

I see StarCreator ended up using one of the songs I suggested after all.

antibolo

Banned
Congrats to the winners!

I'm not even close lol, with 443990 and 36 Goods. I already knew I had absolutely no chance for the top 3 when there was talk of 450k. Maybe if I had started one day earlier, but still.

9 Goods is pretty crazy, and went against yyr's theory that single digit wouldn't happen.

ChrisD

Nine "misses" in a three~ minute song with 400 notes is nuts, man! Did you use both hands for that particular score, or just one for more finesse?

And of course, congrats to the Top 3. You guys are way more precise than the game would ever really expect from someone haha.

I feel like I barely missed out on the top 3, with a score of 446950 (only 1100 points away!)

Though, I managed to get that score only because I messed around with the timing calibration. It seemed to increase my Cool ratio if I played with it set to +2.

macklelol

Nine "misses" in a three~ minute song with 400 notes is nuts, man! Did you use both hands for that particular score, or just one for more finesse?

And of course, congrats to the Top 3. You guys are way more precise than the game would ever really expect from someone haha.

Pretty much stuck to just one handed play for everything except double notes and scratch notes.

I feel like I barely missed out on the top 3, with a score of 446950 (only 1100 points away!)

Though, I managed to get that score only because I messed around with the timing calibration. It seemed to increase my Cool ratio if I played with it set to +2.

On the attempt I submitted, my calibration (on Vita) was +14. I normally play on +10.

ChrisD

I figured that'd be the case. I tried two. Once. Then realized I have a tendency to jump the gun...

It'd be neat if there was a map of which notes you hit, what the rank was on each, and maybe even include a timing (early, late) for those you didn't get a Cool on.

antibolo

Banned
Heh, I had no chance with only 438k... oh well, better luck next time, I guess.

Congrats to the winners!

Did you hit all bonus points on the doubles? That score sounds like what I had before I started making the effort to tap all doubles with both hands. It's especially critical during the Chance Time since they're worth 1200 points.

Top Bottom