• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

muteki

Anyone play the f2 demo yet? It looks better to me, though still not native obviously. All the 2D stuff is native though.

I've actually had my ps3 lock twice while playing project diva f, but i cant recall the circumstances they happened under.

I'm still playing every once in a while. I'm up to 12 perfects on extreme mode which i am very happy with.

Finally got up to 19 perfects on extreme mode, time to retire. Can't wait until 2nd

Susurrus

I played the demo a bit on PS3. It was cool having everything on the big screen and in English, but I was too lazy to mess w/ the calibration (which sucks). I think I'll just stick w/ my JP Vita version.

Why didn't this get released worldwide on Vita? Seriously, of all the games Vita gets that are epic long games, this one is a great pick up and play, yet they only release the PS3 version of this? WTH, Sega?

cjkeats

Got my platinum trophy last night. I haven't had so much fun with a rhythm game since the original Rock Band. Although the grind in Diva Room was cumbersome and a bit of an annoyance, but the events were pretty fun.

I will most certainly buy every future release, hopefully more come to NA and in a timely fashion.
Now on to Expert mode!

rpmurphy

Got my platinum trophy last night. I haven't had so much fun with a rhythm game since the original Rock Band. Although the grind in Diva Room was cumbersome and a bit of an annoyance, but the events were pretty fun.

I will most certainly buy every future release, hopefully more come to NA and in a timely fashion.
Now on to Expert mode!
What is this?

cjkeats

both the same word
Heapy pls. "Ketchup, Catsup" then.
You had me there thinking there was something beyond Extreme. lol

I'm so close to my next level of completion... one more Hard song to Excellent, and several songs in Extreme to pass. They're tough. D:

I don't think I can excellent all the songs on hard. I've only got 2 perfects so far, on Cat Food and Nostalgic. That's a good goal to shoot for though.
I need to get myself into the rhythm of using the dpad and the face buttons to do those chains of the same button in the crazier songs.

Now on to Expert mode!

Woo, Congrats!

You don't need expert mode to get platinum? I might be in for a chance then!

rpmurphy

Nice, I got the birthday title for her now. I'll play her two songs for this occasion, I guess.

EDIT:
Yay, got my Excellent on Stay With Me Expert finally!

Something odd that was discovered about the game shared in GameFAQs:

KDQvUk9.png

Apparently, if you use a very large timing calibration value, it is possible for technical zones to end before it is possible to hit the last note in them in certain instances, resulting in a non-perfect even if a full combo is achieved.

Something odd that was discovered about the game shared in GameFAQs:

KDQvUk9.png

Apparently, if you use a very large timing calibration value, it is possible for technical zones to end before it is possible to hit the last note in them in certain instances, resulting in a non-perfect even if a full combo is achieved.

Must be very large , there is usually at least 1 sec before the end of a note to the on screen promt for the technical stuff.

Now that Project Diva f comes to Vita in the west I wonder if the users with the Japanese Vita version who double dip will get double set of trophies.

Aytrial

Now that Project Diva f comes to Vita in the west I wonder if the users with the Japanese Vita version who double dip will get double set of trophies.

I have the digital EU version, the physical NA disc and the Japanese Vita version.

I'll still be getting the English Vita version.

antibolo

Banned

I couldn't care less about trophies but I'm definitely buying it so I can have a digital version permanently installed to my memory card.

Wonko_C

I've been saving money all these months to buy the PS3 disc, all that time I was praying everyday that the last copy (of a batch of 5 since launch) being sold at Blockbuster was still there. So today I went there and found out that last copy was finally sold... to me! :D

And with a a discount to boot. So I'm kind of celebrating the Vita release in my own way.

I don't want to open it, LOL

That made me laugh a little, because I had to think of what I paid to double dip on the Japanese version. 30€ seems like bargain.

Indeed - in Japan the Vita and PS3 versions were actually identical in price, and the only bonus for having owned the Vita version first was the initial print run of the PS3 game gave Vita owners Tell Your World and a 50% discount on the remainder of the extra songs. The price cut we're getting here is worth way more than that discount, and it's an even better deal for those that were only interested in the Vita version in the first place.

MrBS

Day one double dip. I sucked hard at this game on PS3 and I'm blaming that suckitude on never getting the frame delay right. I'm hoping vita solves that problem that was certainly never caused by my poor performance.

I really suck at this game

ZeroAKA

Day one double dip. I sucked hard at this game on PS3 and I'm blaming that suckitude on never getting the frame delay right. I'm hoping vita solves that problem that was certainly never caused by my poor performance.

I really suck at this game
It most likely will. I had difficulty getting Great on Normal PS3 songs even though I was able to get Excellent on Extreme Vita songs.

A bit on DLC pricing, copied from the import news thread:

When I bugged SEGA about further DLC pricing info on their forum I got this:

If you pick up a $20 card, you'll be able to afford all the available DLC at launch. (Extra Songs + Snow Miku + Extra Characters) Hope this helps!

So yay for that!

The existing DLC adds up to $5.98, so that means the extra songs can be at most $14.02. That's a fair bit less expensive than the 3000 yen price tag they demand in Japan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I assume the song selection for the Vita demo is the same as the PS3 version? In any case, I might as well see how it feels on Vita compared to PS3, since I'm starting to prefer portable rhythm games, especially due to being able to use headphones.

killatopak

Gold Member
Replaying PD2 on my PSP at the moment. I thought since I got better in rhythm games by playing a ton of DJ Max and O2jam, I'll breeze through this game. I get standard on all hard songs D: . I think maybe I'll get perfect on the easy ones... hahahaha I'm so wrong. Still standard on easy.

DJ Max level 14 songs on 8 buttons was cake walk compared to this... :(

Flandy

Newcomer to the series here. You can blame ZeroAKA for getting me hyped. My wallet is ready. What's so special about the Snow outfit dlc?

Top Bottom